The DNA75C Chipset

Yes about time they released it. Will update later today but looking forward to using replay.

And finally, REPLAY on a Squonker! Chicken Dinner! :h: I must say I'm absolutely loving the Recurve RDA!
Replay 010.JPG

works like it says on the can.

Attachments

• 20180428_193000.jpg
    20180428_193000.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 48
Well finally got it loaded onto my rebel mods dna75c squonk mod. I have replay on watts mode but after a few pulls and saving it, it then stops firing and says check atomiser?? The entheon atty I have on it works fine but for some weird reason it doesn’t fire anymore.
Also seems to be burning the cotton as my last puff on replay gave me a mouthful of lovely cotton lol

Well finally got it loaded onto my rebel mods dna75c squonk mod. I have replay on watts mode but after a few pulls and saving it, it then stops firing and says check atomiser?? The entheon atty I have on it works fine but for some weird reason it doesn’t fire anymore.
Also seems to be burning the cotton as my last puff on replay gave me a mouthful of lovely cotton lol

That's a boggler @Yas786... I have tried it on 6 of my DNA75C's and they all perform just fine... I would check your coil is tight etc...

That's a boggler @Yas786... I have tried it on 6 of my DNA75C's and they all perform just fine... I would check your coil is tight etc...

Coil is tight in the entheon, I’ve got a SS316L alien 4 wrap 3mm id coil in it.

Just squonked some juice into the atty so wicks are wet along with the coil and still same thing.

Quite bizarre as to why it’s happening. I’ve even reset the mod back to default and haven’t touched any settings other than made sure replay is enabled on profile 8.

Coil is tight in the entheon, I’ve got a SS316L alien 4 wrap 3mm id coil in it.

Just squonked some juice into the atty so wicks are wet along with the coil and still same thing.

Quite bizarre as to why it’s happening. I’ve even reset the mod back to default and haven’t touched any settings other than made sure replay is enabled on profile 8.

I wish I had another suggestion for you but I don't... maybe drop a note on the Evolve Forums?

I wish I had another suggestion for you but I don't... maybe drop a note on the Evolve Forums?

Thanks for replying back Rob.

Anyhow after resetting everything back, took the atty off and tightened the coil just to be on safe side. Re wicked it and tried again, seems to be working but hot damn it’s such a hot vape so turned down the watts and seems to be ok but not that impressed by it to be honest.

Still getting burnt cotton taste as well which is weird because the wicks aren’t dry, they are getting dry but I thought the whole thing with replay is that you no longer get that due to it adjusting the power. Yes I do know if you keep vaping then at some point you will get burnt cotton.

The atty is very very hot though so going to let it cool down and see if I can play around it with it some more.

If not I’ll post up on evolv and see what people say there.

Thanks for replying back Rob.

Anyhow after resetting everything back, took the atty off and tightened the coil just to be on safe side. Re wicked it and tried again, seems to be working but hot damn it’s such a hot vape so turned down the watts and seems to be ok but not that impressed by it to be honest.

Still getting burnt cotton taste as well which is weird because the wicks aren’t dry, they are getting dry but I thought the whole thing with replay is that you no longer get that due to it adjusting the power. Yes I do know if you keep vaping then at some point you will get burnt cotton.

The atty is very very hot though so going to let it cool down and see if I can play around it with it some more.

If not I’ll post up on evolv and see what people say there.

There is definitely something wrong... the way you use Replay is to set the watts and then vape until you get the perfect vape... then you select SAVE PUFF and then Replay takes over. It works like a dream so if it's not working for you something is amiss.

There is definitely something wrong... the way you use Replay is to set the watts and then vape until you get the perfect vape... then you select SAVE PUFF and then Replay takes over. It works like a dream so if it's not working for you something is amiss.

Yes that was my understanding of replay function. So really in essence I should not be getting any burnt cotton once I’ve saved my puff?? Like I said after a few puffs my entheon is just getting too hot to vape.
Using the same mod before replay, the entheon was getting quite warm but not to the extent that it’s getting when using replay.

Sorry to hear this @Yas786
Hope you manage to get it sorted
Let us know

@Yas786 I had a similar experience a few months back. I began to get burnt cotton taste from my RTA, after trouble-shooting the issue I discovered that the coil itself was the problem, which was so weird because the cotton was fully saturated, no evidence of burned cotton in the coil. It just didn't make any sense to me.

The issue was resolved after making a new coil.

Yes that was my understanding of replay function. So really in essence I should not be getting any burnt cotton once I’ve saved my puff?? Like I said after a few puffs my entheon is just getting too hot to vape.
Using the same mod before replay, the entheon was getting quite warm but not to the extent that it’s getting when using replay.

Could be a small hot spot somewhere around the bottom of the coil, hard to spot in the entheon.
Or I had to adjust the warmth setting down a bit for single coils.
And on my TM24 had to bump it up slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for the replies.

I tried playing some more last night before I got fed up and went to bed.

I’ve posted my issue on evolv forums but no real answers to my issue.

Think I’m going to reset the mod back to defaults and start over. I’ll try turning down the warmth although I don’t think I’ve adjusted that in escribe but I’ll have a look later.

What I might do is put my hadaly on the mod and see if I keep getting the same issue. My hadaly has the same build ie SS316L alien coil at .20ohm. I have it on my rsq using tc vape mode and it hasn’t given me any problems.

I have a funny feeling it could be my entheon that’s the cause. Because even in normal tc mode before the replay update was released I was getting a temp protect message all the time. Only way I could fix that was by going into wattage mode, vaping for a bit then back into tc mode. But again same issue along with the mod asking me every single time if I’ve put a new coil in lol. Even turned down the temp down to get it to vape properly in tc mode but wasn’t very stable. If I leave the mod for an hr or so, soon as I go to vape it...have you added a new coil message keeps popping up.

So at the end of my tether here really. If worse comes to worse I’m sending the mod back to where I got it from and get them to fix it. One thing I have noticed on my dna75c squonk mod is the 510 connection seems to have some sort of black anodised finish in the threads but hard to tell as my eyesight isn’t as great as it used to be. May have to look at taking it apart and seeing if that’s the cause of my issues.

Ok so I’ve finally figured out what the issue was lol.

Please bear with me as it’s a bit long this solution. As you know I have a 3D printed dna75c squonk mod from rebel vapes. Anyhow since day one I’ve always had issues with my entheon in tc mode, getting temp protect messages etc etc. Was a bit hit and miss with tc vaping.

Anyhow as you know the past day I haven’t been able to get replay working on my mod and the entheon rda.

So about an hr ago I thought let’s try and fix this issue. So I took the entheon off, cleaned it up and put a SS316L fused clapton build in it, rewicked with juice and put it on the mod. Did replay work?? Nope threw up the check atomiser message and temp protect message as well.

So I’m scratching my head thinking come on I just put a new clean build in there, made sure the screws were very tight clamping the wires etc.

So I look over to my rsq with a hadaly on it and think why oh why dna75c mod can you just not work??!!!?? So I take my hadaly, clean it up and put the exact same build as my entheon in there. Slapped it on my dna75c mod and guess what?? Boom it works without any issue ie error messages etc.

So I’m looking at my entheon thinking why my lovely are you not working. Then a lightbulb goes off in my head, try it without the bottom beauty ring. So again I slap the entheon on but without the beauty ring and dear god almighty it is working like it is meant to.

So it seems like my mod does not like the beauty ring of the entheon lol. Which is a shame as it looks better with it but it won’t work with it on. In fact now the tc vape problems I was having when I first got the mod makes sense, the mod say no no nooooo to the beauty ring lol.

Phewww there you have it guys, if your mod isn’t playing nice with the entheon then take the beauty ring off and it should work like a dream.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, I appreciate it. I love this place, I may not be a saffa but this is the first place I come to check vape related stuff.

Yours truly,
a U.K. vaper \0/.

Well since I’ve got replay to work on my mod and entheon. I couldn’t be more happier, I’ve vaped pretty much till my wicks are dry and still no burnt cotton haha.

Hats off to evolv, they really hit this replay out of the park and into the stratosphere.

Now all I need is a lost vape 250c squonk mod.

Please bear with me as it’s a bit long this solution. As you know I have a 3D printed dna75c squonk mod from rebel vapes. Anyhow since day one I’ve always had issues with my entheon in tc mode, getting temp protect messages etc etc. Was a bit hit and miss with tc vaping.

Anyhow as you know the past day I haven’t been able to get replay working on my mod and the entheon rda.

So about an hr ago I thought let’s try and fix this issue. So I took the entheon off, cleaned it up and put a SS316L fused clapton build in it, rewicked with juice and put it on the mod. Did replay work?? Nope threw up the check atomiser message and temp protect message as well.

So I’m scratching my head thinking come on I just put a new clean build in there, made sure the screws were very tight clamping the wires etc.

So I look over to my rsq with a hadaly on it and think why oh why dna75c mod can you just not work??!!!?? So I take my hadaly, clean it up and put the exact same build as my entheon in there. Slapped it on my dna75c mod and guess what?? Boom it works without any issue ie error messages etc.

So I’m looking at my entheon thinking why my lovely are you not working. Then a lightbulb goes off in my head, try it without the bottom beauty ring. So again I slap the entheon on but without the beauty ring and dear god almighty it is working like it is meant to.

So it seems like my mod does not like the beauty ring of the entheon lol. Which is a shame as it looks better with it but it won’t work with it on. In fact now the tc vape problems I was having when I first got the mod makes sense, the mod say no no nooooo to the beauty ring lol.

Phewww there you have it guys, if your mod isn’t playing nice with the entheon then take the beauty ring off and it should work like a dream.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, I appreciate it. I love this place, I may not be a saffa but this is the first place I come to check vape related stuff.

Yours truly,
a U.K. vaper \0/.

Great feedback @Yas786
Im sure this will help other vapers who have beauty rings and problems with replay
Glad for you that you figured it out

I am very keen to try out this replay but i still have to get a dna mod, haha

Yours truly,
a U.K. vaper \0/.

I have had similar issues before with those mod protector plastic washers (the ones you put between the atty and the mod to protect the top of the mod). Not with replay, but it caused some or other atty related error.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

And finally, REPLAY on a Squonker! Chicken Dinner! :h: I must say I'm absolutely loving the Recurve RDA!
View attachment 130477
What mod is that @Rob Fisher ? I've been waiting for the new firmware to become available for the 75C's and then was going to look at getting a squonk mod... I see @Sir Vape have the Therion 75C but can't tell whether it's a squonk mod or not - the site doesn't say

I couldn't get the replay going with the DLSJ theme that was pre-loaded on the Therion 75c, loaded the default theme and replay box appeared. Problem is the default theme is not a good as the DLSJ theme so I re-loaded the old one back and no replay. Don't need replay at the moment :)

What mod is that @Rob Fisher ? I've been waiting for the new firmware to become available for the 75C's and then was going to look at getting a squonk mod... I see @Sir Vape have the Therion 75C but can't tell whether it's a squonk mod or not - the site doesn't say

It’s the Therion Squonker

Back