The Dreaded Avo 24 wicking methods

SKYWVRD

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Everyone

Recently decided to invest in an Avocado 24 and the guy at my local vape shop wicked it for me just so that I could see it in action before trying it myself, it was my first RDTA after all.

Recently I have had issues with cotton not saturating enough due to most likely bad wicking method that I have been doing myself and been hitting it dry, giggity, a little too often now
Does anyone have some tips and tricks on how to wick it correctly so that I can once again vape my higher wattages again.

Currently running a single fused clapton build with demon killer muscle cotton

Keen to see your guys responses and help :h:

I love my Avo, I wick as usual and cut the wicks flush with the outside of the tank. I thin them out quite a bit by combing them with the tweezers and then gently tuck them down the holes, have never had a dry hit doing it this way. I just occasionally turn the tank upside down just to ensure my wicks are saturated when I chain vape but otherwise it wicks itself while vaping when the tank is slanted.

I love my Avo, I wick as usual and cut the wicks flush with the outside of the tank. I thin them out quite a bit by combing them with the tweezers and then gently tuck them down the holes, have never had a dry hit doing it this way. I just occasionally turn the tank upside down just to ensure my wicks are saturated when I chain vape but otherwise it wicks itself while vaping when the tank is slanted.

I think I may need to thin out my wick going into the holes then, it is quite tight in there and I probably make it even tighter when I make the small air hole I have been suggested to make.

@SKYWVRD If your wicking is good the holes aren't needed. They need to just fit inside the holes with minimum resistance and its good going from there onwards. I was told to thin them out more than you think is needed, and it worked for me :) but don't make it to loose otherwise you gonna have leaking obviously. Play around a bit and let me know how it went

My 3 Avo G's and 3 Avo 24's are "the" favorites.
There is endless Avo information posted in threads about them on this forum (including the different method I came up with for wicking mine that is easy and 100% issue free). The forum search engine should turn those threads up for you.

Back