The Entheon RDA

I hated the hadaly. Flavour was top notch but I also struggled to the it built right initially and it just annoyed me. The overall experience was somewhat flawed.
The entheon was a keeper from the day I got it and although I tried the lower coils with no results I just went back to my regular build without doing acrobatics to wick and get the coil in position and it performed rather well.

I would say the entheon is in my top 3 for flavour ATM.

Just to make sure i understand , you don't push the coil down onto the brim of the deck then , the airflow actualy doesn't hit the coil directly then , it flows in under the coil ?

Just to make sure i understand , you don't push the coil down onto the brim of the deck then , the airflow actualy doesn't hit the coil directly then , it flows in under the coil ?
No. Aim for the airflow hitting the base of the coil but also not too low etc.

A 3mm ID coil in line with the top of the posts and not the top of the clamps lines up perfectly with the airflow to hit the bottom of the coil.

So after much experimentation and trials and tribulations, I've come to discover something quite interesting on the entheon that's allowing me to get a touch of improved flavor than I've previously had...

On the first attempt I was highly disappointed with the Entheon and got a very warm, muted flavor vape. The second attempt which I dropped the coil really, really low in the chamber gave me the feeling on standing over a boiling kettle trying to vape the steam. I refused to believe that the creators of the Hadaly would fail so miserably at what supposed to be an upgraded version thereof, so I persevered, tried, built and re-built, tested and re-tested.

The trick or key to unlocking the flavor potential on this well thought out, simplistic design is a really simple one based on things that we already know... Things we know so well actually that we tend to take it for granted...

The biggest, most important influencing factor is coil height. In the pics below you will see how I've set up my coil prior to installation to allow for better placement in relation to the airflow, as well as the height of the coil in relation to the posts. This is with a 3mm ID coil of various configurations.
The second factor is wicking... I know this tends to vary from person to person with regards to wicking styles but bearing in mind that the Entheon has surfaced in the age and era of squonkers, where thick, scottish roll, super fancy, cotton stuffing wicking techniques no longer hold true... A simpler, fluffier, lighter wicking proved more favorable for me. Again, pics shown below where I fluffed the wick tails out like I i would on an RTA, with wick tails barely touching the bottom of the juice well...

Last but not least is the wattage range in which you intend on vaping... Keep in mind that the chamber size of the entheon is ridiculously small... It looks bigger than the hadaly from the outside but in the inner wall of the chamber is domed and stepped which reduces a lot of the air flow turbulence. Also, the juice inlet block thingy, and the beefier posts, takes up a fair bit of space as well. This being said, the coil would then require a significantly less amount of heat to produce decent flavor.

Anyway, enough ranting and theory... Lets get on with the pics...

1. The setting up of the coil is a somewhat crucial step as it allows you to spend less time worrying about making the coil neat and lining it up later. Notice how I've tried my best to keep the coil legs as flat as possible in line with the top of the coil...
View attachment 116235

2. I then dropped the coil in as is, without adjusting the height in relation to the airflow... I just let the top the coil stay parallel to the coil legs and their alignment to the clamps... Nothing fancy, nothing majestic... No rocket science or over thinking it... Just dropped it in there, dry-burned, strummed and wicked it. Using CBV2, wicking fairly tight but nothing major, thinned out the wick tails with a hooked tweezer and then folded the wicks in gently to maintain the fluffiness.
View attachment 116240 View attachment 116241

3. Keeping in mind that the wick tails on shorter coils may obscure the airflow inlet, I then put a paperclip through the airflow inlet on one side, beneath the coil, and out the airflow on the other side, and wiggled it around to ensure that there's no cotton obstructing the airflow pathway
View attachment 116242

4. 0.35ohm fused clapton 3mm ID vaping Complex Chaos Mallowshake and having the time of my life. Went up to 40W but that introduced a little more heat than I would prefer and forced me to take shorter puffs... I prefer long, slower drags on the entheon, especially with Mallowshake, because this flavor is beautifully complex that the vape experience evolves as you draw...

I hope this helps as it has helped me tremendously and the Entheon is not a cheap enough RDA to let sub-par performance force you to settle on a vaping style that works for the Entheon but does not work for you. Forget not that the Entheon is no Hadaly, there never will be another Hadaly, there is no way that the Hadaly can be improved on... But the Entheon stands tall in its own right.
Love the paperclip trick :) Epic

So our findings are pretty much the same then... except your coil is upside down... Jokes I know why you did it... More coil surface area on the airflow right?

View attachment 116322
Everyone tells me it is upside down but I prefer to stretch and push coils around so the legs are always in tension and pull at the coil instead of loosening.

Also as you pointed out more coil surface for airflow to hit :D

Everyone tells me it is upside down but I prefer to stretch and push coils around so the legs are always in tension and pull at the coil instead of loosening.

Also as you pointed out more coil surface for airflow to hit :D

for sure it all makes sense... Im more of a drop it in and vape kinda guy so most of the prep work is done on the coil itself prior to installation

@Amir fantastic breakdown, like yourself and @Christos, I find the natural position to be the best, I found that the space between the coil and post most critical

Smaller ID coils (simple wire 3mm, fancy 2.5) offered better airflow but flavour suffered, not that it was terrible

Currently using a simple(parallel) 3.5mm build (i would say 3mm for fancy but dont have nice coils atm), the flavour is far better (not hadaly flavor though) but a tad more restrictive as expected

4mm id was no good

I cut my cotton 2mm longer than the deck , fluff and tuck into the well without touching the well floor

Im conflicted about the extras, although you get alot I personally dont love any of the provided drip tips and would have preferred a simplistic beauty ring or just a delrin cap with the 510 connectors would have been Better value imo

Overall a solid RDA but miss my Hadley, dont miss the leaks

Excellent thread guys especially Amir’s little build guide.

I have one coming next week, was offered the Hadaly but decided in the end to go with the entheon.

Mind you this will probably be the most expensive rda I own once I have it lol.

I would say if you’ve got the hadaly and know it in terms of coil position and squonk action to avoid flooding then the entheon is a waste of time for you. If, like me, you’ve got the hadaly but just can’t win with the squonk action then the entheon is the way to go. Flavor is almost as good as the hadaly, build is significantly easier although the hadaly seems to be a no brainer.... and most of all... the entheon doesn’t have over squonking issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say if you’ve got the hadaly and know it in terms of coil position and squonk action to avoid flooding then the entheon is a waste of time for you. If, like me, you’ve got the hadaly but just can’t win with the squonk action then the entheon is the way to go. Flavor is almost as good as the hadaly, build is significantly easier although the hadaly seems to be a no brainer.... and most of all... the entheon doesn’t have over squonking issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh in the end I went with the entheon, I’m the sort of person who would over squonk the Hadaly so that’s one of the things that put me off. Plus looking at various builds/reviews of the Hadaly, it doesn’t like big coils. So again another thing that puts me off as I have some big pre made coils.

Plus the entheon looks wise I like, the hadaly not so much really.

Yeh in the end I went with the entheon, I’m the sort of person who would over squonk the Hadaly so that’s one of the things that put me off. Plus looking at various builds/reviews of the Hadaly, it doesn’t like big coils. So again another thing that puts me off as I have some big pre made coils.

Plus the entheon looks wise I like, the hadaly not so much really.

Yo dude

The hadaly has more physical space for larger builds, the entheon starts restricting AF before the hadaly

Imo both perform best with a "medium" coil (26 fused / 28 alien - 4mm OD )

Entheon has superior build quality and squonks perfectly but as said above hadaly still wins in the flavour department, personally I think the larger space between your lips and coil is the culprit

have you guys seen the official stubby caps? Wonder if vendors will bring some in
images (1).jpeg

Best regards

Yo dude

The hadaly has more physical space for larger builds, the entheon starts restricting AF before the hadaly

Imo both perform best with a "medium" coil (26 fused / 28 alien - 4mm OD )

Entheon has superior build quality and squonks perfectly but as said above hadaly still wins in the flavour department, personally I think the larger space between your lips and coil is the culprit

have you guys seen the official stubby caps? Wonder if vendors will bring some in
View attachment 119742

Best regards
I think Voodoo Vapor has some caps

I think Voodoo Vapor has some caps

Thanks bud, I saw they have the Never normal caps which have similar dimensions to the ss cap, the official stubby caps seem to get you a little closer to the coil

Thanks for the heads up though

Take a look at Morten Oen's video on coiling the Entheon. Very detailed and worth a look.

That’s the video I looked at before buying the entheon.
To me it looks like the entheon clamp system can take bigger wires, the hadaly does not seem to like big wires.

But that’s besides the point, the entheon to me looks better and seems to perform better than the hadaly. And in any case the hadaly i was offered is now gone and no other U.K. retailers have any of them in stock. The entheon is much more readily available here in the U.K.

Can anyone perhaps help me with one little "problem" I have with the Entheon = burning lips!

I have placed the coil high, low and middle - used small coils, large coils, simple coils, etc - doesnt matter what I do - my lips gets burnt...
I got the Never Normal caps last week but even this has not helped. I can do 4 or 5 draws then have to stop...

I currently have a Smiley 28/36 Alien coil in there reading 25o. I'm running it at 35w and its burning me lips...

Can anyone perhaps help me with one little "problem" I have with the Entheon = burning lips!

I have placed the coil high, low and middle - used small coils, large coils, simple coils, etc - doesnt matter what I do - my lips gets burnt...
I got the Never Normal caps last week but even this has not helped. I can do 4 or 5 draws then have to stop...

I currently have a Smiley 28/36 Alien coil in there reading 25o. I'm running it at 35w and its burning me lips...
Drip tip by two puffs, it's actually 2 pieces, available from VapeMob
https://www.vapemob.co.za/product/2-puffs-drip-tip-steel/

. IMG_0073.JPG

Works like a dream or you can use either of the 2 alone for a different look.

Finally got my Entheon this morning, haven’t had a chance to build on it yet as I had an early start at work today.

Going to go and build a coil and see how it performs in a little bit. But so far liking the quality and the amount of spares you get with it.

It’s a shame that none of my resin 810 drip tips will work with the entheon. Hopefully an 810 adaptor will be released soon. Not a fan of the 510 drip tips.

Ok update on the Entheon, put a 6 wrap ni80 fused clapton build in it. Comes out to .26ohms on my RSQ, saturate the wicks, put it on the mod...squeezy squeezy and fill her up.

First vape?? Ermm can’t say I notice any discernible difference between my dead rabbit sq with the same build. In fact I’m going to go as far to say, my dead rabbit sq with the exact same coil is slightly better flavour wise :/.

When I did my build, I used Amirs pictures and put the coil down low. Well about as low as it could with the cooling jig against the sides of the atty. wicked it with cotton bacon nice and tight. Cut the wicks, fluffed them up...maybe I left them too long as they are touching the bottom of the atty.

But yeh flavour isn’t that great to be honest. The juice I used in both the dead rabbit and entheon is the Monsta Vape sweet and sour, nice menthol kick to it but compared to the dead rabbit...it’s not as good.

Any tips??

Don’t get me wrong I like the atty so will persevere with it. Only annoying thing is the drip tip gets hot if you take a few pulls on it. Will have to look at getting some better drip tips I guess.

Ok update on the Entheon, put a 6 wrap ni80 fused clapton build in it. Comes out to .26ohms on my RSQ, saturate the wicks, put it on the mod...squeezy squeezy and fill her up.

First vape?? Ermm can’t say I notice any discernible difference between my dead rabbit sq with the same build. In fact I’m going to go as far to say, my dead rabbit sq with the exact same coil is slightly better flavour wise :/.

When I did my build, I used Amirs pictures and put the coil down low. Well about as low as it could with the cooling jig against the sides of the atty. wicked it with cotton bacon nice and tight. Cut the wicks, fluffed them up...maybe I left them too long as they are touching the bottom of the atty.

But yeh flavour isn’t that great to be honest. The juice I used in both the dead rabbit and entheon is the Monsta Vape sweet and sour, nice menthol kick to it but compared to the dead rabbit...it’s not as good.

Any tips??

Don’t get me wrong I like the atty so will persevere with it. Only annoying thing is the drip tip gets hot if you take a few pulls on it. Will have to look at getting some better drip tips I guess.
I put a monster coil in the atty and the flavour is bloody good.
No photos as I just rewicked but it's 4x 26 awg claptoned with 40 awg.
3mm ID.
Comes out to about 0.14 ohms
Coil is lower than I had it originally.

Back