The Finer Details of Dripping...

Stosta

Sith Lord
LV

Awards
So I have decided that it's time for me to try something new and dripping was the next logical step for me. When my money train comes in, I will end up with a 200w mod and a dripper. This is how it goes in my head, and was wondering if I was in for a bad time. For my first attempt I will build a dual 0.5ohm coil set-up. Once I have checked it all works fine, I'm assuming I simply whack that onto my mod, start off at about 50 watts, drip some extra liquid onto my cotton, fire and suck up the pressumed goodness, and then climb the watts as required.

My question is, will doing the above end up poorly for me? Or do I have the general gist of it all?

So an update on how this all went! It's as simple as you all said it would be. I must say the flavour is great with the dripping I did compared to tanks. But the hassle of doing it is just not worth it. I also seem to be real messy with eliquid, and my wife is complaining about our kitchen-roll consumption, so dripping full time is out the window.

It is nice for testing my DIY stuff though! Works exactly how I imagined it. That is, until I tried a honey creation for the first time (which really doesn't agree with my tongue), and that stuff pretty much lives in that cotton now, so had to re-wick after that.

Thanks for the help guys, once again, ECIGSSA community = :h:
THIS is the post on dripping I needed to read. Along with the too intense flavor production I think I am looking towards a squonker instead. Drippers will not suit my lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love dripping. It's a huge piece of the vaping world I think. I drip every working day. Yes, I have an office job.

However, for me, dripping must be done at your desk or in your room or any place where you are stagnant. I can never drip on the move. I think I will look and feel like a Burke.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I love dripping. It's a huge piece of the vaping world I think. I drip every working day. Yes, I have an office job.

However, for me, dripping must be done at your desk or in your room or any place where you are stagnant. I can never drip on the move. I think I will look and feel like a Burke.

Then you want a Squonker... Dripper without the pain and anguish! REO's Rock!

Then you want a Squonker... Dripper without the pain and anguish! REO's Rock!
Hi Rob. I have seen the "squonker" word thrown around the forums a bit. Always wondered what they are exactly. Now I know. Thanks. Still never seen one in person or at a vendor.

Here's a pic of the last wicking I tried last night. The first wicking had more cotton. Here I tried the less is more approach with the same results.
Also read that a drip tip increased flavour so I stuck 1 on but no change.
Airflow is around half way with the top air vents closed completely.View attachment 44809View attachment 44810View attachment 44811

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
My first build looked like this last night... now it is just a mass of fuzzy cotton. Works damn fine. Scottish roll with fluffed ends ftw. Very happy now.

THIS is the post on dripping I needed to read. Along with the too intense flavor production I think I am looking towards a squonker instead. Drippers will not suit my lifestyle.

Squonkers still uses ordinary drippers that have been converted to feed juice from the bottom, but they are still drippers. :)

Hi Rob. I have seen the "squonker" word thrown around the forums a bit. Always wondered what they are exactly. Now I know. Thanks. Still never seen one in person or at a vendor.

Next time you pop into Sir Vape ask Craig or Hugo to show you their REO's. Craig stole my REO called Lily some time back and Hugo got a brand spanking new P67 two days ago. :rock:

Next time you pop into Sir Vape ask Craig or Hugo to show you their REO's. Craig stole my REO called Lily some time back and Hugo got a brand spanking new P67 two days ago. :rock:
Lol. Nice one! I hear your name quite a but when I visit Sir Vape and I see you are a REO man. Adds up. Infact, once at Sir Vape I was frying my brain between a Cubus, something else and a Snowolf. Ettienne asked me if I have heard of Rob Fisher. I said yes. He said that you swear by Snowolf, so I ended up getting my mini. Thanks to you! I made the right choice. Love that little animal.

Now I feel the magnet of Mech mods calling me....

Gosh, vaping is massive!

Squonkers still uses ordinary drippers that have been converted to feed juice from the bottom, but they are still drippers. :)
I move fast though lol... Since I posted that I have acquired a dripper. Still think squonking is the way forward on many levels. Same principle but better where clumsy people like me are involved.

Like someone said, dripping is a ritual, a pastime, an art. I enjoy the concept so much I am confused what to get next, an RTA or a dripper. Wait, I have enough hardware, I must work on my DIY kit. Then I can really drip.

When all my heaps of N.E.T is ready, I will be Dripping, building coils and changing wicks like hell. The N.E.T Messes up wicks fast and I won't put it in an RTA. However, I am experimenting on the number of filters required.

Back on topic....

The finer details of dripping. .

Like someone said, dripping is a ritual, a pastime, an art. I enjoy the concept so much I am confused what to get next, an RTA or a dripper. Wait, I have enough hardware, I must work on my DIY kit. Then I can really drip.

When all my heaps of N.E.T is ready, I will be Dripping, building coils and changing wicks like hell. The N.E.T Messes up wicks fast and I won't put it in an RTA. However, I am experimenting on the number of filters required.

Back on topic....

The finer details of dripping. .

What is this N.E.T you speak of? Excuse my noob-ness.

What is this N.E.T you speak of? Excuse my noob-ness.
Hi there. NET stands for: "Naturally extracted tobacco." I'm also a noobee. My room looks like a tobacco factory with all the old pipe tobacco I am working on, glassware, filters, tobacco, paper towels...VG dripping everywhere....

Fun fun though...Smells delightful!

Hi there. NET stands for: "Naturally extracted tobacco." I'm also a noobee. My room looks like a tobacco facroty with all the old pipe tobacco I am working on, glassware, filters, tobacco, paper towels...

Oh thanks, being in I.T, I hate acronyms especially those I don't know :p

I haven't ventured into the DIY side of things yet, I have only been off stinkies 12 weeks as of yesterday. Right now I'm chasing the perfect coil for the perfect cloud, made more complex by the purchase of a mech mod :D
But soon my FOMO will not allow others to mix their own while I sit here coiling and soon I will be knee deep in concentrates.

My wife says I spend more on paper towels than bread and milk every month, I can only imagine her face when the DIY starts ;-)

Oh thanks, being in I.T, I hate acronyms especially those I don't know
I haven't ventured into the DIY side of things yet, I have only been off stinkies 12 weeks as of yesterday. Right now I'm chasing the perfect coil for the perfect cloud, made more complex by the purchase of a mech mod :D
But soon my FOMO will not allow others to mix their own while I sit here coiling and soon I will be knee deep in concentrates.

My wife says I spend more on paper towels than bread and milk every month, I can only imagine her face when the DIY starts ;-)
Lol. Shot for the acronym. There are so many dimensions to vaping. I'm just in it for the ride and enjoying every day I am ciggy free. I will see where DIY takes me. Right now, I am doing a really low budget DIY, but with excellent 8 year old tobacco

Lol. Shot for the acronym. There are so many dimensions to vaping. I'm just in it for the ride and enjoying every day I am ciggy free. I will see where DIY takes me. Right now, I am doing a really low budget DIY, but with excellent 8 year old tobacco

I need you to get good at it so you can skool me when I start DIY.
I've vaped all different types of ejuice and have purposely avoided any tobacco flavoured juices out of fear they might make me wish for a stinkie again.

I've vaped all different types of ejuice and have purposely avoided any tobacco flavoured juices out of fear they might make me wish for a stinkie again.
Wont happen. The tobacco juices are sooooo different from a real ciggie. VERY nice. Just watch out for full alcaloid extractions THOSE will get you backnto cigs in a snap.

My 1st setup was a Kanger Tech submini.
It comes STD with a metal drip tip. Seeing as it had the tendency to get a bit hot at times, I changed to a stone drip tip. --I immediately recognised a taste difference..by only changing the drip tip to something non metal.

Progressing on to drippers eventually made me ponder the effect of having the entire atty surrounded by metal.
I ended up settling for a deadmodz dripper. Its taste is extremely pure and having a glass top means there's no chance of a coil short.

Have any of you given the deadmodz a try?
I have totally abandoned my tank as a result.

IMAG3726_1024x1024.jpg

My build:
uploadfromtaptalk1457180369894.jpg

The old school valve look of this dripper can look very cool on mech mods too:
fc8bc3400b567c38e2daa0e85c11c0c3.jpg

Last edited:
My 1st setup was a Kanger Tech submini.
It comes STD with a metal drip tip. Seeing as it had the tendency to get a bit hot at times, I changed to a stone drip tip. --I immediately recognised a taste difference..by only changing the drip tip to something non metal.

Progressing on to drippers eventually made me ponder the effect of having the entire atty surrounded by metal.
I ended up settling for a deadmodz dripper. Its taste is extremely pure and having a glass top means there's no chance of a coil short.

Have any of you given the deadmodz a try?
I have totally abandoned my tank as a result.

IMAG3726_1024x1024.jpg

My build:
View attachment 47365

The old school valve look of this dripper can look very cool on mech mods too:
fc8bc3400b567c38e2daa0e85c11c0c3.jpg
Plus rep for actually knowing what a valve is. To power my rig I need 4 EL84's and 4 6L6 plus 10 12AX7's... and that excludes my pre amp muahahahahaaha....

EDIT: I went for the Air Force. Figured it would be great being able to see the wick while I get to know the dripping thang. Saved some serious bucks in the process. BUT... I want ceramic. It is the road forward I feel. Like glass but better even colder.

Hey there @Greyz. I will help where I can. I just need to find my feet. Check out the the thread: "Tobacco Extraction Help". I posted about my last batch of NET....Fun ....fun....

Back