The Flow by Odis

So I got my flow from @Christos yesterday and I have the wicking right (no dry hits and no leaking) but flavour is at best bland so far.

I’ve tried following this thread on coil placement but not having much luck.

I’ve placed the coil high and centered but not getting much litchi or berries off Red Pill, I’m just getting the menthol.

I’ve tried a Smilely frame staple alien and now have a tri core fused clapton from somewhere in there now.

Help please guys as the airflow on this is awesome compared to the exo clone and I can “feel” it wants to be awesome but it’s just not and I REALLY want it to be.

So I got my flow from @Christos yesterday and I have the wicking right (no dry hits and no leaking) but flavour is at best bland so far.

I’ve placed the coil high and centered but not getting much litchi or berries off Red Pill, I’m just getting the menthol.

I’ve tried a Smilely frame staple alien and now have a tri core fused clapton from somewhere in there now.

Help please guys as the airflow on this is awesome compared to the exo clone and I can “feel” it wants to be awesome but it’s just not and I REALLY want it to be.

If you want more flow try the boxxer by Odis rather. Any coil works and flavor for days

Hang in there @Paul33
Wish I could advise you
Can imagine the frustration

Lets wait for the Flow users to chip in...

Hang in there @Paul33
Wish I could advise you
Can imagine the frustration

Lets wait for the Flow users to chip in...
The frustration is real

And the wasted juice is frightening. At least it’s DIY Red Pill and not the store stuff:O

So the flow has been benched for now.

The airflow is way to tight for me compared to the Exocet.

I’ll gift it to my wife once her bb arrives.

The hunt for an authentic Exocet continues then...

So the flow has been benched for now.

The airflow is way to tight for me compared to the Exocet.

I’ll gift it to my wife once her bb arrives.

Hang on @Paul33 , I know @Rob Fisher likes both the Exocet and the Flow and he said they were very similar. So maybe there is something you can adjust on the flow to get the airflow increased.

@Paul33 the Exocet and Flow are very similar airflows... in fact, having an Exocet in one BB and a Flow in another you would be hard pressed to know which is which.

The Vape Shell has more airflow than both the Exocet and Flow but is a hassle to wick in comparison.

The Boxxer has the biggest airflow of all of them by far. But it has the leaking issue until the fix is released soon.

Personally, my favourite bridge is the Flow... hard to say exactly why but for me a Flow or Exocet just really suit the BB!

I have tried all the others they all suck for one or another reason... the four mentioned above are the only ones to really use.

Hi @Paul33.
Firstly check the MTL chimney is not in use. There are 2 chimneys. You want the one with the biggest hole.
Also, remove the bottom plastic air flow ring.

My flavour build is as follows. 2.5mm ID.
You don't want too big a coil in there as it will restrict the airflow.20181223_220708.jpg 20181223_220643.jpg 20181223_220636.jpg 20181223_220631.jpg

Firstly check the MTL chimney is not in use. There are 2 chimneys. You want the one with the biggest hole.
Also, remove the bottom plastic air flow ring.

I definitely have the bigger chimney on and that air flow ring never made it out the box.

I’ve been trying with a 3mm build, I’ll throw a 2.5mm tomorrow and follow the pics here you’ve put up and hold thumbs and toes.

Thanks for the detailed pics, I hope they help!!

@Paul33
Maybe the 3mm coil could be constricting the airflow for you. Not sure about that but it could be a factor

I had a 3mm bubble wrap alien lying around so it got resized to 2.5mm and I removed a wrap cause those dudes are beefy and installed as per @Christos pics (I think I followed pics correctly o_O)

B9F1ECD4-713D-48EE-ADC6-6498BE2FD0DB.png
F9185153-264C-4A06-9C90-4B798C3FF781.png
66938729-4C06-4C69-94D3-0F62388FEF85.png
4F77452A-F2AF-4FE5-B283-8611F5C8D6F8.png

Wicked with cbv2, relatively restrictive through the coil and fluffy and trimmed next to the top cap(could’ve taken a shave more off now that I look at it)

DF3BEFD9-D726-4906-9FB4-EFD3F9D82ECD.png

And juiced:

6D31291C-A193-4CCE-8EA3-B4D6AD87F1F6.png

Letting it sit and wick and to see if it leaks and I’ll give it a toot

On the Minikin the coil read 0.35 but in the flow it reads 0.42. Not a train smash just intriguing.

So far it’s MUCH better.

I do think the coil only got sized down to 2.8mm because that’s the bizarre screwdriver size in my tool kit.

Going to hit the shops just now with the kids and will grab a 2.5mm from somewhere in between the Christmas Eve chaos.

Thanks @Christos for the pics (and your patience)

Following your step by step “the idiots guide to the flow” I’m enjoying it now.

On the Minikin the coil read 0.35 but in the flow it reads 0.42. Not a train smash just intriguing.

So far it’s MUCH better.

I do think the coil only got sized down to 2.8mm because that’s the bizarre screwdriver size in my tool kit.

Going to hit the shops just now with the kids and will grab a 2.5mm from somewhere in between the Christmas Eve chaos.

Thanks @Christos for the pics (and your patience)

Following your step by step “the idiots guide to the flow” I’m enjoying it now.
@Paul33 ... FYI... beware the screws ... they strip easily

Back