The Golden Days

If you could choose the decade of your birth? Give at least 1 reason.

• Baby boomers (46 - 64)

• Generation X (65 - 80)

• Millennials (81-95)

• Generation Z (95-2010)

• Generation Alpha (2010-2025)

• Later?

• The Greatest Generation

• The Silent Generation

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gen X for me. Born 1971. 2 years before Bruce Lee died and I got to enjoy Elvis' music (as a very young boy) before he died in 1977. I'm a 60's, 70's and early 80's music fan.

I am pleased to be one of the last of the Baby Boomers.

We grew up when smoking was still good for you.

We had the privilege of growing up before TV, computers, cell phones and social media. We interacted directly with real people. We learned how things worked. We all serviced our own cars and could change a flat tyre, clutch or brake pads. We respected our elders, or at least those who deserved to have our respect. Dylan, Mitchell, Young, Biaz, CSN, Cass Elliot, The Band, Dire Straits, Simon, Simone, Floyd, Stones, Eagles.....need I name more? The best movies were in the 70s and 80s. Don't make me list them.

I could wax lyrical about this subject but "... you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'" (Python)

It was indeed a different time and I personally found it easier. My biggest gripe about today is that people seem to thrive on drama and spend endless amounts of time dwelling on this. This then has a ripple effect on family and friends and colleagues.

It is at this pint that due to what you said above, I can happily get on my bike or 4x4 and piss off into the bush or countryside and tell you. Sort it out by the time I come back.

Back