The Hammer Mod-hcigar

Alex

Reonaut
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Look what I picked up late this afternoon at VapeKing.

13985751456_26f5e77f8b_z.jpg

Damn, this one is so nice to use, I can't believe how good it feels in my hand. Fire button is super sensitive and everything fits together like a swiss watch. The weight is fantastic, I had it sitting upright in the car all the way home, well at least when I wasn't vaping on it :p. And she is sturdy.

This could well become my favourite thing.

Oh yeah, I also picked up 2 Efest 35W 18650's at the same time. They're on the charger atm, but here's a sneak peak.

14005684791_df251fabc7_z.jpg

Last edited:
Aw sheite. Now I want one again :( stop it now, trying to save for 20w.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It makes me happy to hear you are happy, I have a Hammer and a Taifun on hold and will pick them up next week, so looking forward to having it in my hand and vapeing on it.

Thanks

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do Alex, its build quality is incredible.

It makes me happy to hear you are happy, I have a Hammer and a Taifun on hold and will pick them up next week, so looking forward to having it in my hand and vapeing on it.

Thanks
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do Alex, its build quality is incredible.

I actually assembled it while driving back on the highway, don't tell the cops. :devil:

You were right about this mod, it just feels to comfortable in the hand. And it even has a cool locking ring I just discovered :eek: so awesome :)

Congrats @Alex , I saw the look in your eye this afternoon when you were holding it :) Absolute brilliant mod

Sent from the TARDIS

Thanks @JB1987, my credit card finger started twitching big time.

It does look lovely indeed
I like the way how it stands with the button out on the side.
Sort of like a side firing mod, but probably very comfortable to hold...

I ve got it today as well and loving it . I just didnt knew about battery safety so until i source some efest purple is no use :envy: For it

Is better to get flat top or button top battery for it?

Is better to get flat top or button top battery for it?

Doesn't really matter, although you should go for the ones I posted above, if you have a chance.

I visited VapeKing yesterday and held this Hammer mod and tried it out on @Gizmo 's kayfun
It does feel extremely solid
And not like any other mod shape, very comfortable
I was seriously considering getting one, but maybe next time.

That thing is huge! If I ever get one I'll call it "mjolnir"

Its not really Huge at all imo :p

That thing is huge! If I ever get one I'll call it "mjolnir"

It really isn't, standing it side by side with a VTR, Nemesis, and the Hammer. It's much smaller, and that's in 18650 mode. In baby battery mode it would almost vanish.:confused:

Tmrw finally will get my efest battery 18350 and 18650 purple from vk.
And i will be using mine as well. So if i understood correctly with those battery i can build any ohm coil for the kayfun with no problem correct?

Hi Andro

If its the new Purple 35A ones from VapeKing, then yes, you can go very low on the ohms.

So, say for example, your coil comes out at 0.3 ohms (very low)
Then at full battery charge of 4.2V, it will draw 14 Amps, which is lower than the 35 Amp limit of the battery.
(I=V/R, 14 amps = 4.2 Volts/0.3 ohms)

I am not sure if those batteries are on the usual tables we get that have been posted before which show the minimum resistance, but usually folks like to add a fairly large margin of safety.

Maybe I am being too conservative, but until you get some people that can confirm this - I would say don't go lower than 0.3 ohms. Then again, not sure how often you would want to do that anyway ;-)

Perhaps one of the more experienced low ohmers can help out here. I am thinking @johan, @Rowan Francis , @Matthee

PS: I have used this battery at 0.7 ohms and it works fine and nothing gets hot. So I can vouch for that resistance from personal experience.

And i will be using mine as well. So if i understood correctly with those battery i can build any ohm coil for the kayfun with no problem correct?

Not any coil unfortunately.

It all depends on the amp limit of the battery. Generally speaking you would want to have 2 amp safety margin, by this I mean for example, the amp limit on a particular battery is 10.5 amps, you dont wanna draw more than 8.5 amps.

Here is a calculator to help you determine what the lowest is you can go for your batteries.

with a 35A battery, you could go as low as 0.12ohm, BUT as @BhavZ said, you need to factor in some safety margin as well.

so the battery can handle a 0.12ohm coil, but you shouldnt go lower than say 0.4ohms to be really safe

See battery chart above. Note that with the 18350 you can not go nearly as low as the 18650s.

Yes, @andro - I forgot to mention in my reply - that I was talking about the 18650 batts with the 35A limit.

Also notice from the chart that @Matthee has posted above that those 35 Amp Efest 18650 batts are not on there. However, take a look at the Efest 18650 30A which is on there. Simple calculations would suggest that it can go as low as 0.14 ohms, but that chart shows that the safe level is 0.4 ohms (shaded in yellow). I.e. at 0.4 ohms that battery is drawing 10.5 Amps which is way lower than its limit of 30 amps.

So if I were to extrapolate that for the 35 Amp 18650 new purple Efest battery, it would suggest not going above about 12.25 amps. So the safe to vape region would be no lower than 0.34 ohms. So 0.4 ohms if you round up. Same as the older 30A battery ;-)

As @Matthee has mentioned the smaller batteries have much lower amp limits - so bear that in mind, you can't go as low ohms on them.

Back