The ideal Reo setup

I am still very much learning sub ohming and coil building, and thanks to a couple of people on the forum, and then a special thanks to @Yiannaki who took the time at JHB Vape Meet to show me the ropes or rather wire of custom coils. I really cannot wait to get the RM2 and coiling that bad boy... there will be pictures and there will be vapor. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Only a pleasure bro :)

Hopefully when the next vape meet comes you will have your reo by then and you can join the reo photo op :D

Guys, on the Reo's what would be the better battery to go for. I am planning on getting the Grand in 2 months time. I don't think I would easily push the limits with coil build, probably 0.5 - 0.8. Would the Efest 2500 (35Amp) or the Efest 3100 (20Amp) not be sufficient in this device?

Hi @Arthster

I use the Efest 2500 mah (35A) batts on my Reo and have gone down to 0.5 ohms. No problems. Been using these batts for a few months and they are working fine for me.

My mom uses the Efest 3100 mah (20A) batts on her Reo - her coils are around 1 ohm to 1.1 ohm. They work perfectly for her.

Only a pleasure bro :)

Hopefully when the next vape meet comes you will have your reo by then and you can join the reo photo op :D

I really hope so... I will definitely have a sub ohm setup of some kind for the next Meet But time will tell if it will be a Reo.

Just a question for coil builders (Probably the wrong place to ask and definitely a thread Hi jack and I do apologies). if I want to do a duel coil setup that asks for two 1.6 ohm coil (0.8 ohm build) what is the target Heat Flux that I need to look at on the Calculator?

Some of my low ohm builds seems to take some time to warm up and I have been putting it down to the fact that my 15Watt (Rated) SVD just does not have the umph to drive that kind of build

Thanks @Silver . In my mission to be safe, I found something interisting about the 18350 Efest purple batteries. The 10.5amp discharge rate on the cover is pretty accurate.

red IMR batteries:

Efest IMR 18650 2250mah--20A

Efest IMR 18650 2000mah--20A

Efest IMR 18500 1100mah-11A

Efest IMR 18350 800mah-7A

Efest IMR 14500 700mah-7A

Efest IMR 16340 550mah-5.5A

Purple batteries:

Efest IMR 18650 2500mah--35A

Efest IMR 18650 2100mah--30A

Efest IMR 18500 1000mah- 15A

Efest IMR 18350 700mah-10.5A

This would mean that the SMOK 18350 wasn't a total waist. I should be able to safely coil 0.8 ohm on the 18350, which will draw 5.25 Amp.

This is my ideal Reo setup:

I use 26g kanthal on a 2mm ID drillbit for my coils. Dual coil, 7 wraps, but the wrap in the middle is stretched out so it's 2 x 3 wraps with a gap in the middle. She weighs in @ .43 ohms and fires beautifully :) Oh...and I'm using my Zenith V2 (BF) with a delrin driptip what @JakesSA made.
IMG_0843.jpg

I used cotton in this one and I push the cotton that goes through the gap in the coil down to form another wicking source for the coils. Like this:
IMG_0847.jpg

Then I push the two sides of the cotton that stick out down and in and against the negative posts so it all forms a barrier to keep the juice from leaking in case you accidentally over-squonk. Like this:
IMG_0851.jpg

I do the same on the other side and then it looks like this. Note the space in the middle around the positive post.
IMG_0852.jpg

So, when you squonk, the juice wells up from the middle upwards and it feeds all the cotton at the same time! Like this:
IMG_0855.jpg

I've used this for a while now and not only with this coil setup. I've used the same wicking technique with other coils as well and just push the cotton underneath the coil and then at the sides against the negative posts. Been working like a charm for me for a long time and I'll keep doing it this way.
Hope I gave some of you some ideas :p

Happy Vaping!

PS: Here's a video of how she vapes :)

Last edited:
Sorry, will update it. It's .43 ohms.

Also added a video on how she vapes :)

By the way, the only reason I'm using 26g in my setup, is because I don't have 24g and still waiting on an order of that. Then the setup will be 9 wraps with the middle one stretched to make the gap, thus 4 wraps on each side of the gap. will be roughly .3x and that is my ideal vape.

Last edited:
:( out of reach by .37

Oh well I will just have to get a mod that can handle it. :devil::devil::devil:

Sorry, will update it. It's .43 ohms.

Also added a video on how she vapes :)

By the way, the only reason I'm using 26g in my setup, is because I don't have 24g and still waiting on an order of that. Then the setup will be 9 wraps with the middle one stretched to make the gap, thus 4 wraps on each side of the gap. will be roughly .3x and that is my ideal vape.

Thanks for the Video... that build vapes like a beast.

This is my ideal Reo setup:

I use 26g kanthal on a 2mm ID drillbit for my coils. Dual coil, 7 wraps, but the wrap in the middle is stretched out so it's 2 x 3 wraps with a gap in the middle. She weighs in @ .43 ohms and fires beautifully :) Oh...and I'm using my Zenith V2 (BF) with a delrin driptip what @JakesSA made.
IMG_0843.jpg

I used cotton in this one and I push the cotton that goes through the gap in the coil down to form another wicking source for the coils. Like this:
IMG_0847.jpg

Then I push the two sides of the cotton that stick out down and in and against the negative posts so it all forms a barrier to keep the juice from leaking in case you accidentally over-squonk. Like this:
IMG_0851.jpg

I do the same on the other side and then it looks like this. Note the space in the middle around the positive post.
IMG_0852.jpg

So, when you squonk, the juice wells up from the middle upwards and it feeds all the cotton at the same time! Like this:
IMG_0855.jpg

I've used this for a while now and not only with this coil setup. I've used the same wicking technique with other coils as well and just push the cotton underneath the coil and then at the sides against the negative posts. Been working like a charm for me for a long time and I'll keep doing it this way.
Hope I gave some of you some ideas :p

Happy Vaping!

PS: Here's a video of how she vapes :)

Simply classic @zadiac !
Love it

The Reo fire button is lockable with a quarter turn clock-wise.

Perfect.

Was wondering yesterday. Was helping a mate move, so I kept switching off the iStick, for safety.
What an annoying process that is - click, click click (im in volts), click click click click click (off)

1ohm Micro coil

1.4 mm 28g 10 wraps

2mm from edge 2mm lifted

P1090267.JPG

I get a better hit from this one :D

@dr phil tried that 2mm ID dirty coil and mico .. gives nice taste but the hit was lacking, with this the taste is slightly less but it hit's :D

Perfect.

Was wondering yesterday. Was helping a mate move, so I kept switching off the iStick, for safety.
What an annoying process that is - click, click click (im in volts), click click click click click (off)
And the Reo has a collapsible spring. So, for example, should it fire by accident in say your bag and the battery becomes too hot, the spring will collapse and break contact. Fortunately the firing button is so situated that this is unlikely to happen. The spring will also collapse in case of a short.

Last edited:
1ohm Micro coil

1.4 mm 28g 10 wraps

2mm from edge 2mm lifted

View attachment 17598

I get a better hit from this one :D
Looking good. I have been taught that the lower to the deck and the closer to the rim, the more flavour and the less TH. The higher up and the closer to the posts the less the flavour and the more the throat hit. In the beginning mine was very high - like in the bottom of the coil parallel to the tops of the posts, but I did not like it too close to the post - about 2mm like yours. Nowadays my TH craving is not as intense and I build the coil lower to the deck. Play around, move that coil up and down and feel the difference.

And the Reo has a collapsible spring. So, for example, should it fire by accident in say your bag and the battery becomes too hot, the spring will collapse and break contact. Fortunately the firing button is so situated that this is unlikely to happen. The spring will also collapse in case of a short.

So its quite safe then. Nice.

Well i am back on a 2mm 1ohm dirty coil .. the NET was not so kind to the small coil. I got a small piece of SS mech with one atty and this seems to do well. If the NET build up i can just dry burn with the wick in place

Well i am back on a 2mm 1ohm dirty coil .. the NET was not so kind to the small coil. I got a small piece of SS mech with one atty and this seems to do well. If the NET build up i can just dry burn with the wick in place

I will send you some 0.9 x 0.1 Kanthal plus "original " Ekowool for a real ugly coil, thats IMO the best suited for your specific application and the only stuff I use on my RM2.

I will send you some 0.9 x 0.1 Kanthal plus "original " Ekowool for a real ugly coil, thats IMO the best suited for your specific application and the only stuff I use on my RM2.

Thank you @johan :)

I must get some 28g end of the month, this last few days with the Reo made me loose a couple of meter lol

@dr phil tried that 2mm ID dirty coil and mico .. gives nice taste but the hit was lacking, with this the taste is slightly less but it hit's :D

It's Dr Evil by the way @kimbo :D

I'll take a pic next time for you of my setup. Try 1ohm with 2.0mm ID micro coil, take the coil closer to the edge but lift it slightly above the airhole, this setup gives me great throat hit and flavour. Also from your photo i use a bit less wick, looks almost like a bow tie when I'm done with it.

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

It's Dr Evil by the way @kimbo :D

I'll take a pic next time for you of my setup. Try 1ohm with 2.0mm ID micro coil, take the coil closer to the edge but lift it slightly above the airhole, this setup gives me great throat hit and flavour. Also from your photo i use a bit less wick, looks almost like a bow tie when I'm done with it.

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger
Sorry sir ;)

Back