The ideal Reo setup

Thank you @johan :)

I must get some 28g end of the month, this last few days with the Reo made me loose a couple of meter lol

Rather try and get some 0.9 x 0.1 ribbon Kanthal - as I will include a sample piece for you to play with.

Rather try and get some 0.9 x 0.1 ribbon Kanthal - as I will include a sample piece for you to play with.

Thank you kind sir :)

I use the 28g in the reviews as well so i will have to get some :)

Thank you kind sir :)

I use the 28g in the reviews as well so i will have to get some :)

Please @kimbo, I know you meant well, but never call me "sir" - thats a title reserved for a Brit (with assumed aristocratic lineage).

Every one else feels that someone on this thread needs a name change... Ill give a hint... Sir

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Got my first Reo end of August 2013. After much experimentation, my ideal setup, going for as tinker free as possible, at this moment in time:
  1. Which Reo: The Grand, which can take around 5.5 ml of joose and a 18650 battery. I have a lot of the 6 ml bottles. These reside upright in a little box, filled with various juices and each marked with a permanent marker. They rotates into my Grands. As a specific juice is depleted and is not to be re-ordered, the allocated 6 ml bottle will be finished off and then cleaned, ready for a new juice. Battery wise I use VTC5s on my lowest resistance builds and Efest 2500s on higher resistance builds. Charging on a four slot Intellicharger, which has given me good service for a long time. Will be on the lookout for the new mechanical 18650 Woodvil, due for release in February of 2015. And, one can always do with a longer lasting battery - the day we get a 18650, which lasts for the whole bottle on the Reo, will be a good day!
  2. Atomizer: For tobacco and dessert juices I still prefer the Reomizer 2 with standard air holes. For most other juices, the Cyclops and Odin with dual coils and air slits adjusted as my mood or the juice dictates. For me the Reomizer 2 is still the most leak proof of them all - it can tolerate a lot of oversquonking. With the others one has to be more careful. Just seen a new atty, the Darang, here. The air slits exit at the top of the atty and then channels inside the walls of the atty to the coils. And a deep juice well. If it can be modded to bottom feed, this could be the serial oversquonker's dream. Very expensive at around $130. @kimbo is looking at good clones for us.
  3. Coiling: For dual coils on the Cyclops and Odin, my preference is still for stock standard micro coils, around 8/9 wraps of 28 or 27 g Kanthal A1 wire on 1.5 ID mandrel to about 0.55 ohms. For the Reomizer 2 - ugly or spaced coils directly around the wicking material, which is socked on a 1.2 mm mandrel. Around 4 wraps of 27 g round wire or ribbon wire to between 0.65 to 0.75 ohms.
  4. Wicking material: Ceramic, 2 mm for micro coils and 3 mm for ugly coils. Unfortunately not freely available, but a little goes a long way. Last for months on end - used one for 4 months. Just dry burn around every 3 days, depending on the juice. After ceramic I prefer authentic Ekowool and then Rayon. Cotton has never worked for me, get a horrible taste from it.
What is or will be your ideal Reo setup?

Far too many combinations to list the specs of individually. So I'll just leave it at that I have 32 Reos in hand, and I can set every one of them up to be ideal for my uses all at the same time, with more than enough great extra backup atty's for all of them as well. :D

I'd have to intentionally work at it to make a Reo less than stellar, or use one of the highly hyped atty's I bought for them early on that were junk when I got them and will always be junk.

Back