The New 510 for the REO's

Yea I know :rock: - I was just laying a wind egg.

Last edited:
@Rob Fisher, I understand these Reo's will be refitted with left hand threaded centre pins? Please be so kind as to ask the Reo master to add VERY CLEAR AND EXPLICIT instructions to future Reos on how to operate these? A left hand thread is very counter intuitive and folks tend to strip them quickly by trying to turn it the "right" way. I've seen some badly mangled first edition Sigelei box mods rendered useless by this exact same thing. Admittedly Sigelei used copper screws on those, which is pure insanity in itself, but the Reo one will be hollow and I expect it won't take much effort to shear them off.
It may save him a lot of grief later on.

@Rob Fisher, I understand these Reo's will be refitted with left hand threaded centre pins? Please be so kind as to ask the Reo master to add VERY CLEAR AND EXPLICIT instructions to future Reos on how to operate these? A left hand thread is very counter intuitive and folks tend to strip them quickly by trying to turn it the "right" way. I've seen some badly mangled first edition Sigelei box mods rendered useless by this exact same thing. Admittedly Sigelei used copper screws on those, which is pure insanity in itself, but the Reo one will be hollow and I expect it won't take much effort to shear them off.

Roger that! Will fire off an email to him now!

Many thanks! Hope I don't sound like a "know it all" but this could really be a problem.

Awesome Reos

@Andre, which one is yours? Black anodised or Raw tumbled?
I am thinking Raw tumbled?

I would be one of those hooples! So, does it mean one has to turn clockwise to loosen it?

Reply from Rob in Porcupine City...

"The left handed threads shouldn’t be a problem turning a screw to the right will raise the post . I can only do so much when it comes to people breaking there mods . I made the first center post with standard threads to avoid people damaging there atomizers . I have come to the conclusion I cant stop people like that from breaking there mods . A little common sense goes a long way . If someone breaks the adjustable screw it is easily fixed . I appreciate the heads up though very much . I try to make everything as hoople proof as possible but some people no matter what you do will break it . I will get the mods back to you quickly

Robert "

Must say I am somewhat surprised by the need for a left hand thread at all. That little screw and the attie I imagine have different thread pitches which means they move different distances with each full turn. In this case the attie will move faster than the little screw effectively jamming it in place.

This seems to be the case will all the other mods that I have seen with this feature ..

The first batch of REO's with the new 510's arrived in the country today... should show up in REO Mail tomorrow! :rock:

Now I want a new one :rolleyes:.
latest

:giggle::p

I like using an o-ring underneath the RDA, just make sense to me ;).

I'll give it a try, maybe it'll make Alessandra's sqounk even better than it already is.

It won't make squonking better - but it does assist in aligning/positioning RDA to have airhole at exactly were you want it.

It won't make squonking better - but it does assist in aligning/positioning RDA to have airhole at exactly were you want it.

I'm thinking, it might 'seal' up better than it already is and give a better sqounk lol (and in reality I know it wont hahaha)

Regarding positioning of the air hole, Im pretty lucky, my Atomic screws down to the perfect position (for me) without any adjustment of the 510. My odin on the other hand might benefit from using an oring, the only problem with that is that my Atomic never comes off Alessandra.....ever! :giggle:

I'm thinking, it might 'seal' up better than it already is and give a better sqounk lol (and in reality I know it wont hahaha)

Regarding positioning of the air hole, Im pretty lucky, my Atomic screws down to the perfect position (for me) without any adjustment of the 510. My odin on the other hand might benefit from using an oring, the only problem with that is that my Atomic never comes off Alessandra.....ever! :giggle:

You are 100% correct, if it alighns perfectly you don't need o-ring. I am using an early 2014 version without adjustable 510 positive connection.

Hi guys,

Is there a way to adjust the 510 pin if you don't have the Allen key it comes with?

I'm having an issue with my Nuppin not firing sometimes because it loosened a bit or low vapour yet the battery voltage is high. Works fine on my older REO though. Figure I need to bring the pin up a bit but don't have the Allen key. The Odin it came with also doesn't fire on it but works on my other Reo so I'm pretty sure it's the 510 pin.

I thought of turning the pin from the bottom that the tube fits on but not sure if it's 1 piece and which direction to turn it if it is.

Hi guys,

Is there a way to adjust the 510 pin if you don't have the Allen key it comes with?

I'm having an issue with my Nuppin not firing sometimes because it loosened a bit or low vapour yet the battery voltage is high. Works fine on my older REO though. Figure I need to bring the pin up a bit but don't have the Allen key. The Odin it came with also doesn't fire on it but works on my other Reo so I'm pretty sure it's the 510 pin.

I thought of turning the pin from the bottom that the tube fits on but not sure if it's 1 piece and which direction to turn it if it is.

Toothpick.

Back