The Nuppin Thread

@Rob Fisher is there any dual coil lung hit RDA you do rate for flavor?.

Good question... Crius and Gemini and I have a dual in one of my Petri's... but I see where you are going with this... I need to do a dual build in the Nuppin... I will do that... just hate building on the silly deck of the Nuppin...

Origen Little 16

Me no Likey... I have tried the O16 twice and flogged them both times...

But thanks to the suggestions and finding @Alex's post on the Parallel build I think I may just be in business! Built a parallel 26g Nichrome 7 wrap coming in at 0.32Ω and wicked it with Cotton Bacon. :rock:

Nuppin 003.JPG Nuppin 004.JPG Nuppin 005.JPG Nuppin 006.JPG

Yes this is much better... also with both air flows full open... :b1:

Houston we have lift off! :p

It is NOT the Nuppin'. No atty will do the perfect vape to your taste without the right build in it for the juice you are running.

Agreed as I just found out... I almost gave up on the Nuppin! The Nuppin now rocks! :b1:

Hi Rob did you try a parallel build over the center post? I found the flavour improved relative to the normal dual coil build.

Agree. While I have other flavor builds that work very well on my Nuppin' for some liquids, more of them like a high center parallel build than my other builds.

Me no Likey... I have tried the O16 twice and flogged them both times...

But thanks to the suggestions and finding @Alex's post on the Parallel build I think I may just be in business! Built a parallel 26g Nichrome 7 wrap coming in at 0.32Ω and wicked it with Cotton Bacon. :rock:

View attachment 62991 View attachment 62992 View attachment 62993 View attachment 62994

Now try the parallel high center instead of off to the side, at least 2 slots wide open for lung hits.

v2 parallel single high center both air open.jpg

It is NOT the Nuppin'. No atty will do the perfect vape to your taste without the right build in it for the juice you are running.

@Spydro this concept has just got through my thick skull.... time to dust off the rest of my REO's and start building coils! Thank you!

@Spydro this concept has just got through my thick skull.... time to dust off the rest of my REO's and start building coils! Thank you!

The higher the better bro, but pay attention to not shorting the coil out on the top cap/DT. I even have built them that are part way up inside the DT, but only with slip fit Delrin DT's so will not short out the coil.

The higher the better bro, but pay attention to not shorting the coil out on the top cap/DT. I even have built them that are part way up inside the DT, but only with slip fit Delrin DT's so will not short out the coil.

Thanks Larry! Now we need a pic of your Cyclone Coils and your Hornet Coils and Divo Coils! :p I was just getting bored with playing with vape gear and I now have a whole new thing to play with!

And as I said on the previous page, another option is to use two different wires to make the parallel coil from (2 different gauges, two different wire types) to get different nuances from the liquids. :)

Thanks Larry! Now we need a pic of your Cyclone Coils and your Hornet Coils and Divo Coils! :p I was just getting bored with playing with vape gear and I now have a whole new thing to play with!

I only have two 2013 Cyclones and one Hornet (no Divo's). While I have squeezed high center coils in them, right now they all have single side mono coils in them. To be the best they could be with a parallel, I'd have to drill another air intake in their caps. Since the caps for neither can be easily replaced I have not done so. In fact the Hornet was so rare when I found what may have been the last new BF Hornet available anywhere, I have not enlarged the small tootle puffer air intake so far. In part why I never use it... and why I ought to just drill the cap out so a 1956 Edsel can park in it and get some use out of it. :rolleyes:

I only have two 2013 Cyclones and one Hornet (no Divo's). While I have squeezed high center coils in them, right now they all have single side mono coils in them. To be the best they could be with a parallel, I'd have to drill another air intake in their caps. Since the caps for neither can be easily replaced I have not done so. In fact the Hornet was so rare when I found what may have been the last new BF Hornet available anywhere, I have not enlarged the small tootle puffer air intake so far. In part why I never use it... and why I ought to just drill the cap out so a 1956 Edsel can park in it and get some use out of it. :rolleyes:

Thanks @Spydro... I have opened my airflow holes on all my tootle puffers... I have a few Cyclones with really big holes so will play with those with high parallel coils and see how we go..

Currently using this today with a simple 26awg 2mm ID coil. Like the Reomiser 2 I set the coil as near to the edge as I can without shorting it....
image.jpeg

Thanks @Spydro... I have opened my airflow holes on all my tootle puffers... I have a few Cyclones with really big holes so will play with those with high parallel coils and see how we go..

Glad to see you get in on the HCP coil wagon and hope that you like them for some of your liquids as much as I do for some of my liquids.

Not as familiar with the 2014 Cyclones because I've never had one in hand, but they should offer massive flavor same as a Nuppin' or any other atty that has enough room for the HCP coil under their top cap. I've also used dual vertical parallel's in some of my RDA's that have the room for them and can get them very close to the air and the DT, with great success.

I've even thought of making an Alien Clapton HC coil for the Nuppin's to get a wider coil mass, but would have to do some fancy footwork with the tails to fit in the + and - with the wire I'd use or drill them out larger to do so. Never got around to it after i went mostly back to KISS builds.

ETA: I just thought of another detail... I use big pulled and rolled wicks in the HCP coils to deliver/hold enough joose to even chain vape them.

Last edited:
Glad to see you get in on the HCP coil wagon and hope that you like them for some of your liquids as much as I do for some of my liquids.

Not as familiar with the 2014 Cyclones because I've never had one in hand, but they should offer massive flavor same as a Nuppin' or any other atty that has enough room for the HCP coil under their top cap. I've also used dual vertical parallel's in some of my RDA's that have the room for them and can get them very close to the air and the DT, with great success.

I've even thought of making an Alien Clapton HC coil for the Nuppin's to get a wider coil mass, but would have to do some fancy footwork with the tails to fit in the + and - with the wire I'd use or drill them out larger to do so. Never got around to it after i went mostly back to KISS builds.

ETA: I just thought of another detail... I use big pulled and rolled wicks in the HCP coils to deliver/hold enough joose to even chain vape them.
I'm also inspired now, going to try the HCP coil build with a cyclops cap when I get home.

My gut feel is the air holes might be positioned a bit low for this build, but lets see :)

Back