The Nuppin Thread

I'm also inspired now, going to try the HCP coil build with a cyclops cap when I get home.

My gut feel is the air holes might be positioned a bit low for this build, but lets see :)

But maybe not @Stephen. The slots in a Nuppin' are cut for fairly low side coil(s). It's all the air hitting the coil just before it goes up the DT that condenses the flavor into a very flavor rich vapor as it goes thru the DT. I take long slow lung hits that pull the vapor right off the coils instead of dealing with the fluid dynamics going on further down in the atty with side coils. So sometimes the flavor can almost be too intense on some of my strong DIY liquids.

Why have I never tried a parallel coil before? What a Goose! :confused::p
:clap:Glad you are finally enjoying the Nuppin:). Another suggestion if I may, I know you like the @hands drip tips, but if you have a Loki Labs router tip, try it with the Nuppin. I`ve tried as many drip tips as I could on the Nuppin but always come back to the router tip, the flavour is noticeably improved. TBH if I had not got my first Nuppin with the router tip I would have probably passed on buying any more Nuppins. I wanted to try these tips (middle pic, post #11 in the link) by @hands but it`s always sold out on the website. I`ve also found that the Cotton Bacon also needs some break-in time before the flavour of the juice starts to shine so vape on.:b1:

More tips

:clap:Glad you are finally enjoying the Nuppin:). Another suggestion if I may, I know you like the @hands drip tips, but if you have a Loki Labs router tip, try it with the Nuppin. I`ve tried as many drip tips as I could on the Nuppin but always come back to the router tip, the flavour is noticeably improved. TBH if I had not got my first Nuppin with the router tip I would have probably passed on buying any more Nuppins. I wanted to try these tips (middle pic, post #11 in the link) by @hands but it`s always sold out on the website. I`ve also found that the Cotton Bacon also needs some break-in time before the flavour of the juice starts to shine so vape on.:b1:

More tips

Thanks @Blu_Marlin! I do have one somewhere... will scratch around and look for it...

More tips

I'll agree with you on the drip tip, as I've tried many in my Nuppins. Nothing compares to the Odin wide bore drip tip though, at least for me. This is my default Nuppin coil setup.

18392447756_bb44dac384.jpg
18231151060_96d775fea3_z.jpg

More tips

I will second you on the Odin router tip @Blu_Marlin
I too have tried several tips on the Nuppin but something is just so special about that Odin tip
I think because its short and wider bore it helps with getting more flavour sooner ;-) or at least thats how it feels...

I'll agree with you on the drip tip, as I've tried many in my Nuppins. Nothing compares to the Odin wide bore drip tip though, at least for me. This is my default Nuppin coil setup.

@Alex - how the Nuppins treating you?
Looking good there in the pics

@Alex - how the Nuppins treating you?
Looking good there in the pics

@Silver they are still getting the job done after all this time, the only addition I have made is a Griffin v1 tank for the tobacco juice's.

I used the SS Router DT's on my Nuppin's until I discovered the Syner's that match the metal of some of them exactly so better than the SS Routers I had. Later I saw that the Routers came in other finishes.

nup8.jpg

OK rebuild of the parallel coil done... this time centred and higher this time... I get the difference... just hoping the cotton taste of the Bacon Cotton will disappear soon... if not I will rewick with Rayon...

OK rebuild of the parallel coil done... this time centred and higher this time... I get the difference... just hoping the cotton taste of the Bacon Cotton will disappear soon... if not I will rewick with Rayon...

From my experience almost all the wicking material's I've built with have to settle in some. Have never tried Bacon Cotton or any of the the other fancy named cottons. I started with just organic cotton balls, tried SnP/PnC, went to KGD and never looked back. A couple of long pulls and the KGD is there. My long lung hits and CelluCotton (Rayon) never did work well together. Faster wicking than cotton, but I burn them in half in no time. I have an idea for a modified coil/wicking build in mind to try in the Avocado's. If it works as well as I think it will it may become my standard in them.

From my experience almost all the wicking material's I've built with have to settle in some. Have never tried Bacon Cotton or any of the the other fancy named cottons. I started with just organic cotton balls, tried SnP/PnC, went to KGD and never looked back. A couple of long pulls and the KGD is there. My long lung hits and CelluCotton (Rayon) never did work well together. Faster wicking than cotton, but I burn them in half in no time. I have an idea for a modified coil/wicking build in mind to try in the Avocado's. If it works as well as I think it will it may become my standard in them.

Yip Rayon doesn't do well on high power... and that's when I feel Cotton Bacon excels... I have tried a lot of cottons and I really hate that cotton taste... Cotton Bacon has it a little but not as much as KGD and others... in my microcoils in my Divo's on my REO's Rayon is simply awesome with my menthol juices...

Now trying these more powerful builds like parallels etc in the Cyclone with airflow cap, Petri and Nuppin I am using Cotton Bacon but I'm not really SOLD on the flavour... the Nuppin with high rise parallel is the only one that has potential... the BF Petri did have originally but all of a sardine the flavour is lousy so I need to rewick and try work out what's happening... the Cyclone with airflow cap (I call it the Cyclops) with a high rise parallel is abysmal!

Oh my word where is a mod with a Melo 3 Mini on it with a cCell inside.... phew that was close...

To the wash basin we go... will clean them thoroughly and rewick and in the case of the Melo 3 Mini put in a new cCell.
Clean 001.JPG

Yip Rayon doesn't do well on high power... and that's when I feel Cotton Bacon excels... I have tried a lot of cottons and I really hate that cotton taste... Cotton Bacon has it a little but not as much as KGD and others... in my microcoils in my Divo's on my REO's Rayon is simply awesome with my menthol juices...

Now trying these more powerful builds like parallels etc in the Cyclone with airflow cap, Petri and Nuppin I am using Cotton Bacon but I'm not really SOLD on the flavour... the Nuppin with high rise parallel is the only one that has potential... the BF Petri did have originally but all of a sardine the flavour is lousy so I need to rewick and try work out what's happening... the Cyclone with airflow cap (I call it the Cyclops) with a high rise parallel is abysmal!

Oh my word where is a mod with a Melo 3 Mini on it with a cCell inside.... phew that was close...

To the wash basin we go... will clean them thoroughly and rewick and in the case of the Melo 3 Mini put in a new cCell.
View attachment 63113

If you are not getting good flavor with a HCP in a Nuppin' or Cyclone (the 2013 one anyway), your not getting everything set up right. A lot of factors involved to alter for the perfect build for the juice. I've never known you to be much of a dedicated build your own vaper, so maybe the HCP's are just not your thing.

Best flavor on my TC mods is in the Avocado's, but the Mage is showing good potential. I have a second one coming, and may still try a Moonshot 22 as well on a Pico. The others on the list are on hold for now.

The Melo III's with cCells are OK, but I prefer tanks that I can build myself to my DIY liquids. Maybe if I found some working .6Ω cCells and tried them they would be better than the .9's that are too high of a resistance for my uses with about a 30W ceiling. With only 5 of the 10 tanks I have that can run cCells I'd still consider using at all AND something like 45 new .9's in hand it's not likely that I will bother with the .6's. I'm just not a store bought coil fan, and never will be.

If you are not getting good flavor with a HCP in a Nuppin' or Cyclone (the 2013 one anyway), your not getting everything set up right. A lot of factors involved to alter for the perfect build for the juice. I've never known you to be much of a dedicated build your own vaper, so maybe the HCP's are just not your thing.

Best flavor on my TC mods is in the Avocado's, but the Mage is showing good potential. I have a second one coming, and may still try a Moonshot 22 as well on a Pico. The others on the list are on hold for now.

The Melo III's with cCells are OK, but I prefer tanks that I can build myself to my DIY liquids. Maybe if I found some working .6Ω cCells and tried them they would be better than the .9's that are too high of a resistance for my uses with about a 30W ceiling. With only 5 of the 10 tanks I have that can run cCells I'd still consider using at all AND something like 45 new .9's in hand it's not likely that I will bother with the .6's. I'm just not a store bought coil fan, and never will be.

Yip the Nuppin Deck is a lot easier to build on (never thought I would say that) than the even smaller cyclone deck... when I first got the airflow caps for the cyclone deck I did a lot of builds and none ever came close to perfect... so the last remaining Cyclops is going back into storage...

The Nuppin on the other hand is performing really well...

The Petri is doing pretty well as well and I have rewicked it with Rayon this time...

@Rob Fisher , what juices were you vaping in those Nuppin and Petri and Cyclone builds?
And what resistance were the coils roughly?

@Spydro is there a thread or some tips on how exactly to build according to juices? Would really appreciate some advice on different builds for different juices.

Hi @Rob Fisher to get flavour out of the cyclops I adjusted the air holes to half open. Not sure if you've already tried this.

@Spydro is there a thread or some tips on how exactly to build according to juices? Would really appreciate some advice on different builds for different juices.

No thread that I know of.

I'm self taught, the best way IMO to find the perfect vapes for your own personal tastes with each juice that you vape.

All XXX Hi Ho... and the range is 0.3Ω to 0.45Ω. The Nuppin which is the best flavour is 0.32Ω

Thats great Rob - XXX i think is a marvellous juice for those setups

@Silver funny enough XXX was my least favourite juice with this build (similar ohms) on the Nuppin. But then again that could be down to personal taste.

For me a fruity menthol with good airflow and decent power is great
I suppose each to their own and it just highlights how different every vapers' preferences are

Yip the Nuppin Deck is a lot easier to build on (never thought I would say that) than the even smaller cyclone deck... when I first got the airflow caps for the cyclone deck I did a lot of builds and none ever came close to perfect... so the last remaining Cyclops is going back into storage...

The Nuppin on the other hand is performing really well...

The Petri is doing pretty well as well and I have rewicked it with Rayon this time...

A lot of folks had a hard time figuring out how to build the Nuppin' when it first came out, a build type that few had ever seen before. Was the same with the O-16's, the "X" pattern post holes on a bias confused some folks when they couldn't decide which holes in which way to use. IMO they are among the easiest and most versatile build designs there is for 2 post decks.

The Nuppin' is limited for large diameter wire though. So I had thought about enlarging the + and - wire holes in some of them so they would accept 24ga or 22ga gauge wire HCP coils easily. Never got to it before most of mine went out of use though.

Never thought about doing a HCP on my Petri. I don't know if it has enough room for the size of HCP coil I'd want to put in it. Might have to get out the vernier and measure how much room is available, and consider putting a HCP in it.

Fresh this morning I decided to finally tackle the Nuppin build.

Started last night after stripping and cleaning Reo BLUE but aborted because I was tired. And I forgot how tricky it is to build the perfect coil for the Nuppin.

Decided to go for a similar coil setup as in the OL16. Dual SS 28g for crispness.

The tricky part is getting the right coil height. 9mm leg lengths. I measure with my metal ruler and make a Koki mark on the wire then cut it.

I need more than two hands to keep things steady. Lol. Thank heavens I did it this morning. And better light helps.

2mm ID. 8 wraps each. Came to 0.37 ohms as a pair. Not neat on the one side of the one coil but it will have to do.

20cac9148c1f18a3ef4e817e53bc19e3.jpg

Wicked with Royal Wicks.

ce77cd62cfc8e20cc0f5f9fbf2825d67.jpg

And voila - all firing nicely and my Reo BLUE and Nuppin V1 is back in action !!

1fdb703272605f1f61a6fd835efc53ea.jpg

In the end I decided to go for my LIT Sidechick blend. I know it well and love it. It's also in various other setups so will be nice to have a side by side comparison.

And how's the vape ?

Oh my word it is good. Reminds me why I loved this atty so much.

Juicy and dense yet also crisp. Such rich flavour. Great menthol burn. Not too hot. Instant. Good throat hit with the coils nice and high.

Oh yes please this is awesome. I am such a happy chappy now.

Am going to enjoy it for a few days and maybe will do a comparison to some of the other setups that have this juice.

Back