The Odin Thread

I make these myself from Acetal (aka Delrin).. just shout if you want one.
Thanks @JakesSA yeah I am going to need one. The wiggle centre post is messing with my OCD. Will be stupid to get that shipped, so I guess I'll have to order something else from you and get it added to the package :D

Something I've noticed with the Odin is that it uses way less juice than my Stillare. Same dual coils at 0.5ohm my juice seems to last almost 3 times more. Is this possible, and how? :)

Thanks @JakesSA. I got the spacers and added one on the Odin. Perfect now. So here's my question to all you Odin users: Same parallel coils as previously, wicked the same with Rayon. The flavour is WWAAAYYY better than before. Is it possible that the wiggle centre post could have had an effect on the flavour, from a short or intermittent power to the coils due to the wigglyness?
Doesn't really make sense to me, all I know is that I am now ssooo in love with the Odin.

Thanks @JakesSA. I got the spacers and added one on the Odin. Perfect now. So here's my question to all you Odin users: Same parallel coils as previously, wicked the same with Rayon. The flavour is WWAAAYYY better than before. Is it possible that the wiggle centre post could have had an effect on the flavour, from a short or intermittent power to the coils due to the wigglyness?
Doesn't really make sense to me, all I know is that I am now ssooo in love with the Odin.
Quite possible. I have experienced what just a somewhat loose coil tail can do to your vape.

Quite possible. I have experienced what just a somewhat loose coil tail can do to your vape.

So true @Andre

I have on a few occasions noticed that something is wrong with the vape. Not as intense and just a bit "off". After checking the wick and even rewicking it has caught me out a few times that one of the post screws is a bit loose. Now on each rewick. Make a point just to check that the screws are snug.

Those pesky screws do sometimes have a way of wiggling themselves a bit looser over time. And i suppose its partially from being scared to overtighten the screw in the first place.

Edit - im referring to the RM2 here, not specifically the Odin

So true @Andre

I have on a few occasions noticed that something is wrong with the vape. Not as intense and just a bit "off". After checking the wick and even rewicking it has caught me out a few times that one of the post screws is a bit loose. Now on each rewick. Make a point just to check that the screws are snug.

Those pesky screws do sometimes have a way of wiggling themselves a bit looser over time. And i suppose its partially from being scared to overtighten the screw in the first place.

Thanks @Andre and @Silver. I am sure this will be the case with all atties then if something is loose. So glad my Odin is firing nicely now

@Rob Fisher

I see vapeclub have the gold up for pre-order. I assume thats the one you refer to?

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/pre-orders/products/sigelei-100w-plus

So true @Andre

Socket creep they call this phenomenon in some industries. Heat causes expansion/contraction of the material and this rate of expansion and contraction differs amongst different metals and volumes of weight (larger volumes heat slower and retain heat longer). The net effect is that the screw may loosen over time.

This shall be my "perhaps nice to know but not exactly useful" contribution for today. :D

In my opinion though its better to tighten a bit more often than to over tighten. Over tightening will wear the threads and make this effect even more noticeable.

Socket creep they call this phenomenon in some industries. Heat causes expansion/contraction of the material and this rate of expansion and contraction differs amongst different metals and volumes of weight (larger volumes heat slower and retain heat longer). The net effect is that the screw may loosen over time.

This shall be my "perhaps nice to know but not exactly useful" contribution for today. :D

In my opinion though its better to tighten a bit more often than to over tighten. Over tightening will wear the threads and make this effect even more noticeable.
And over tightening can cause the posts to snap the leads of the coil which sucks!

PS thanks for the scientific explanation @JakesSA :D

I had a good couple of toots on @WhatSmoke's ODIN. It Vapes as good as it looks.

Around 0.5 ohm dual at 20 something watts - stunning.

Did I read here somewhere that it's not ideal for single coils?

I still prefer a micro single.

I had a good couple of toots on @WhatSmoke's ODIN. It Vapes as good as it looks.

Around 0.5 ohm dual at 20 something watts - stunning.

Did I read here somewhere that it's not ideal for single coils?

I still prefer a micro single.

I wouldn't say not ideal. It still does a great job with a single coil. But it excels with dual coils. :)

Ah good.
Although I'm waiting to see what everyone thinks about the Marquis, before I decide on one.

But man, the Odin is nice!
The marquis will be with me tomorrow :) having extensively used the Odin for a good few months, I shall report back with my findings :D

As fate has it, I ended up with an Odin :)

I'm giving a 28g .8ohm single micro coil a go, and well, it's better than any atty I've used.

I know dual is "more", but I'm more than happy with the single. Great flavour and enough cloud.

I don't like the ramp up time with duals. Unless I haven't got them right. But on the Trident, 28g dual was slow!

Sexy too
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422541779.277460.jpg

I'm giving a 28g .8ohm single micro coil a go, and well, it's better than any atty I've used.

I know dual is "more", but I'm more than happy with the single. Great flavour and enough cloud.

I don't like the ramp up time with duals. Unless I haven't got them right. But on the Trident, 28g dual was slow!

Sexy too
View attachment 20381
That fate can deal you such a hand:D. Great looking combo that. I love the Odin. Try a vertical coil(s) when you feel like tinkering. And show us your coil and wick in there.

Sexy too
View attachment 20381
Congrats :) Glad to hear you're enjoying it bud!

When you feel adventurous, try a 2.5mm mm ID dual coil :D you won't be disappointed ;)

Looking forward to seeing your builds!

What does a bigger ID actually or specifically do?
I find that the bigger ID gives off slightly better flavour. It's more pronounced.

You will also have a slightly thicker wick to hold more juice

My guess is that a 2.5mm ID dual 28g setup with 7 wraps should bring you around 0.6 or close to that.

I'm not sure how many dual coils you've built before, but you will find the Odin a pleasure to build dual for.

I find that the bigger ID gives off slightly better flavour. It's more pronounced.

You will also have a slightly thicker wick to hold more juice

My guess is that a 2.5mm ID dual 28g setup with 7 wraps should bring you around 0.6 or close to that.

I'm not sure how many dual coils you've built before, but you will find the Odin a pleasure to build dual for.

Cool, thank you.

Ya putting on a quick "kid at Christmas" single coil on was a breeze. I will definitely give the dual a go.

Like your coiling - legs just as @Yiannaki would have advised and positioning perfect as I would have advised;). How is the vape compared to the single coil?

There's definitely more flavour, the Snake Oil is just popping. And more vapour.

But I like that I can take longer draws with the single coil, without an intense throat hit.

Maybe it just takes some getting used

Edit: Funny how when I started vaping, I needed and wanted a serious throat hit. Now the opposite is true.

There's definitely more flavour, the Snake Oil is just popping. And more vapour.

But I like that I can take longer draws with the single coil, without an intense throat hit.

Maybe it just takes some getting used

Edit: Funny how when I started vaping, I needed and wanted a serious throat hit. Now the opposite is true.
Snake Oil is strangely enough one of the juices I enjoy more at higher ohms. Currently vaping it in the eGrip with RBA base at 1.2 ohm and around 12.5W. I found that below 0.7 ohms it is as if the first few toots are perfect and then the taste becomes muted. But that is just my experience.

Back