The Official Air Fryer thread

Chickenstrip

All these flavours and you choose to be salty
LV

Awards
No rules, no laws, no ifs, buts or bull. Go nuts.
Drop your stories, your recipes, tell us about the time you sold your dog to get a bigger airfryer or the time you left your kid at school too long because you just had to airfry that fillet for lunch. Let's hear it all.

I'll start.

My favourite air fryer food is reheated left over pizza.
I'm also quite partial to a snitczhel in the fryer. Did I spell snitczzhqel right?

No rules, no laws, no ifs, buts or bull. Go nuts.
Drop your stories, your recipes, tell us about the time you sold your dog to get a bigger airfryer or the time you left your kid at school too long because you just had to airfry that fillet for lunch. Let's hear it all.

I'll start.

My favourite air fryer food is reheated left over pizza.
I'm also quite partial to a snitczhel in the fryer. Did I spell snitczzhqel right?

Correct spelling is schnitzel ;)

I haven't really had time to experiment with recipes, but I love air-fried chicken pieces! Brown and cripsy on the outside; moist and tender inside. Perfect.

TIP
To make cleaning the grid easier, I put a piece of tinfoil on it and curl the sides up a bit to make a little container, for any overflow juice.

I haven't really had time to experiment with recipes, but I love air-fried chicken pieces! Brown and cripsy on the outside; moist and tender inside. Perfect.

TIP
To make cleaning the grid easier, I put a piece of tinfoil on it and curl the sides up a bit to make a little container, for any overflow juice.

I do this too! Especially with fatty meats. Thighs come out fantastic in the air fryer. But breasts without skin are dry and hard.

This is airfryer chicken and chips
Cooked together--we have the double level attachment and skewer accesories with ours.

PSX_20200425_164451.jpg

This is airfryer chicken and chips
Cooked together--we have the double level attachment and skewer accesories with ours.

View attachment 222522

Just when I thought I was cool for having an airfryer you go and hit me with the double level attachment. There's always a bigger fish.

Must admit though no chicken I've put in the air fryer ever came out looking a tenth as good as that.

Just when I thought I was cool for having an airfryer you go and hit me with the double level attachment. There's always a bigger fish.

Must admit though no chicken I've put in the air fryer ever came out looking a tenth as good as that.

I also made a mistake in buying a small airfryer. It's enough for a meal for me, but not enough if I have someone to dinner. We live and learn - at a cost, unfortunately.

LOL we have first Phillips version from around 2011/2012 or so, so it's pretty small-hence the additional attachments bought to increase cooking space.

We've been using ours for about 6 months now just fish and chips or chicken and chips. Delish you just cant beat it. We have a big microwave that also doubles as a convection oven so transitioning over is just not happening. I want to start using it for more recipes but even looking at tons of recipes it's still nogo. This short interesting video caught my attention.. And serious rethink..

Looking at other videos for steak and ribs being done in an air fryer warrants at least a test as well.
See what I mean I definitely want to try this?

Last edited:
We've been using ours for about 6 months now just fish and chips or chicken and chips. Delish you just cant beat it. We have a big microwave that also doubles as a convection oven so transitioning over is just not happening. I want to start using it for more recipes but even looking at tons of recipes it's still nogo. This short interesting video caught my attention.. And serious rethink..

Looking at other videos for steak and ribs being done in an air fryer warrants at least a test as well.
See what I mean I definitely want to try this?

Thanks for this @fbb1964. I also haven't used mine to its full potential and haven't had the motivation to look up recipies.

A must have for any air fryer owner are ramekins; Cakes, brownies, etc. can all be made in them!

I made a full breakfast in the air fryer:
  • Spray and cook your ramekins, pop an egg each in them.
  • Put your sausages in and spray and cook them.
  • Air fry at 180 degrees C for 8 minutes (for medium eggs).
  • Remove eggs, keep sausages in, place rolls in that have been drizzled with olive oil and air fry at 200 degrees C for 3 minutes.
And you've got a full, air fried breakfast.

20200911-121602.jpg

Take an apple and use one of those corers that make segments. Take each segment and wrap it in streaky bacon stretched out with a spoon.

Spray inside fryer with spray and cook, bring to 180C. Chuck food in and give it around 12 mins. Brush with maple syrup if you like Canadian

Take some mince and make balls that fit in the palm of your hand. Take a small glass and push it in the middle to make a hollow, there must sill be a floor. Stretch out some bacon or you can use ham, and wrap the balls pushing the ends into the hollow. Put in cheese and sosatie sauce.

Cook slow on 160 or so for 25 mins.

Open a bottle of good red wine

Pre heat air fryer to 180 C

Have a glass of wine, at the same time as taking a small 600 gram beef fillet and smearing it all over with garlic butter.

When air fryer is up to heat, put boiling water in the base of the air fryer just below level of pan. Put fillet in pan and set timer for 30 mins.

Drink more wine from bottle , when wife asks for some wine, distract her and get some out of the box.

After 30 mins check water level and top up if needed, turn fillet.

Set for another 15 mins, drink balance of wine. Open another bottle. Make a salad, and when fillet is done rest for 10 mins.

After you have rested for ten minutes, tell your wife food is ready, she must serve it before it gets cold.

Take some mince and make balls that fit in the palm of your hand. Take a small glass and push it in the middle to make a hollow, there must sill be a floor. Stretch out some bacon or you can use ham, and wrap the balls pushing the ends into the hollow. Put in cheese and sosatie sauce.

Cook slow on 160 or so for 25 mins.

I tried pushing the glass in the middle but it didn't work.

@Stranger, twice you've mentioned pre-heating the air-fryer. I didn't know one is supposed to do that. I thought you just set the temp, put the food in and set the timer.

An airfryer basically is a small fan assisted oven. Most of the designs feature a heating element similar to what you find under the hot plate of an electric hob. Add to that a fan and a pan with holes in it and you have a fan assisted oven.

You would normally heat up an oven or a pan to cook, to my mind same principle applies. I would never do meat in an oven from cold, neither would I put bacon in a cold pan.

Back