The Official Vapers Tongue Thread

ShaneW

Juicy Joes Owner
ECIGSSA Donor
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
For the past 2 nights, the juice that i have been vaping all day just loses flavour, completely... It's weird, it's like inhaling plain VG, I assume. Slight sweetness but no nice flavours whatsoever.

First night I was really confused... changed coil, cleaned tank, replaced the juice... no change. If I vape another flavour, it's perfect but that particular flavour is just dead. Gave the juice to the wife to try and she says it's got a strong flavour.

Then i wake up, grab the same tank, with same juice that i couldn't taste the night before... and it's fine. All back to normal.

Very strange indeed. Luckily it has only happened at night, about an hour before bed or it might really bother me.

@ShaneW . If you read the other threads about this you will learm that it's your nose reaction to an overload of a smell/taste . Same if you were to stand in a butchery for the whole day .Eventually your nose tones down the smell of meat. To counter this change flavours every few hours or smell dark roasted coffee beans for 5 mins .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

yes all you need is to shock your nose back to reality. make it realise your vape is a good thing to smell and taste. if you don't have strong coffee handy, your armpit will do in a pinch, or one of your socks if you've been wearing shoes all day long :p

Sheesh, wish my nose would switch off to certain natural occurrences :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My way of avoiding vapours tongue is when i get home i switch tanks to something with a different flavour, my adv is VM4, at night I'll switch to something else completely. Thus far it's worked for me.

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Thanks for the advice guys...

An hour into the day, it hit me again. Only have instant coffee at home so gonna try shock it with some VM menthol ice

I switch between menthol and energy drink and find that helps a lot

I'll second the menthol solution. I usually add a bit of Liqua apple or cherry with the menthol to keep it interesting.

What really helps me is eating a Halls Eucalyptus menthol sweet. Really clears the nasal passages, only downside is that you cant taste anything until the flavour of the sweet wears off lol but that is the case with any mint sweet that you consume.

Another way if you don't have menthol juice or sweets is to sniff on some vicks vapour rub as that is also a menthol based substance which helps to clean out the nasal cavities and gets you vaping again.

I always start the day with a cayenne pepper shooter, followed by a really strong espresso. If that doesn't wake up your taste buds then nothing will.

I always start the day with a cayenne pepper shooter, followed by a really strong espresso. If that doesn't wake up your taste buds then nothing will.
What is a cayenne pepper shooter?

What is a cayenne pepper shooter?

Tsp of organic cayenne pepper in a small espresso cup/shooter glass, add some warm water, give a little stir, and down it.

Only burns for a few seconds, but it does absolute wonders for your body. Which I can attest to after using it for 3 years. I take it twice a day if I can.

Here are some links if you're interested in the huge health benefits of this amazing stuff.
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/cayenne.html

Tsp of organic cayenne pepper in a small espresso cup/shooter glass, add some warm water, give a little stir, and down it.

Only burns for a few seconds, but it does absolute wonders for your body. Which I can attest to after using it for 3 years. I take it twice a day if I can.

Here are some links if you're interested in the huge health benefits of this amazing stuff.
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/cayenne.html
Thanks man.. Looks very beneficial, definitely going to give it a shot (excuse the pun)!

So it's been 5 days and I can't seem to kill this vapers tongue. It's slowly killing the pleasure of vaping for me.

Tried vaping menthol for half a day a time, 3 times. Been drinking plenty water. Even sniffing the Nescafe classic bottle everytime I walk past...

Worst part is the taste box is on its way here:(

My wife is now also complaining that all the juices taste the same, think it's hitting her aswell... This sucks!

Think I'll go get some coffee beans tomorrow.

I can taste the flavor on the 1st exhale, only if I exhale through my nose. Thereafter... squat.

Just hang on @ShaneW , every person recover differently - it took me the best part of 10 days to get over it, some people much quicker.

What is your vitamin intake like? Perhaps increase your intake of B12 and Zinc. e-How suggest that it could be due to a lack of B12 and/or zinc.

sorry to hear that @annemarievdh

@johan ... thanks you have given me hope

@BhavZ ... I have no idea, I shall take those vitamen tabs my wife bought for me :) prepared to try anything at this stage

sorry to hear that @annemarievdh

@johan ... thanks you have given me hope

@BhavZ ... I have no idea, I shall take those vitamen tabs my wife bought for me :) prepared to try anything at this stage
Also apart from drinking water, also try drinking rooibos tea instead of coffee as much as possible, rooibos tea is wonderful product that helps with rejuvenating the body.

Hope yours will be gone soon. Mine is caused by the flu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to say for those that get vapers tongue, maybe some of you are getting mild flu or some other illness and that is affecting your sense of taste.

@Silver... I was in JHB last week and the dry climate always kills my sinuses for the week. I recovered on the weekend after being back at the coast, but that is when the issue started. It seems they could be linked.

Back