The R50 Mech

Dassie

cause it's friggin awesome!
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
So, it being a very long time since the last pay day and still some way off till the next one.. I woke up and decided to see what I could build using only what I could find at my local hardware store (as you know the itch never really goes away). And this is the result:
20150117_213235.jpg

It is all copper, brass(contact screw) and some wire (for the spring) . 22mm Copper pipe to be precise. With a few couplings. The bit on the right is the spring for the bottom firing mechanism, the contact screw, and the spring I made from some wire I had lying around.. Coil building experience coming in handy :). It has a plastic bit that goes against the battery with the spring, the screw screws in from the bottom and there is a bastardised spring loaded bit I use for the positive contact.

20150117_214428.jpg

20150117_213255.jpg

As I couldn't find the very hard to find M7 0.5 tap for the 510 connection, the connection is a hole just big enough for the atty's thread to make contact. This is not enough to hold it though so I made the little turrets at the top for grip. Of course this introduces the limitation that it will only work for 22mm atties. All mine are so no problem. Tested it with an Atlantis, Orchid and Plume Veil. All sweet.

20150117_214452.jpg

I then used the old blow torch to discolour her a bit and I really like how she turned out. All steampunky. I dubbed her the Finite (cause she only works on 22s) SW22 (that's what it says on the pipe I used).

As for performance. It easily kicks the Magneto' ass! And I really like the magneto ;). I haven't known her for a long time but I think it's love.

All said, R50.

Last edited:
This is just fantastic work bud. Would you do a step by step?

:) talent + desperation = ingenuity
Suppose lots more of this kind of silliness was going on before things became easier to get a hold off? Fun though.

This is just fantastic work bud. Would you do a step by step?
Cool. I need to polish things a bit tomorrow, ran out of sunlight today, but will do some of that then.

Last edited:
Great stuff @Dassie
Must feel great to fire things up on something you made yourself!

Great stuff @Dassie
Must feel great to fire things up on something you made yourself!
It felt friggin awesome! Especially cause it turned out better than I hoped in terms of performance :)

Hahahaha....I meant Authentic Dassie R50 Mech (TM) (C) (R) :D
I'd love to hear the Americans try and pronounce "Dassie" :rofl:
Hehe, yes. It was Darth Dassie first but then I couldn't decide if this was the dark side or not!

You had me thinking a run over mech !!

Rotten Bunny.

Vape the Planet !
Advantage of this is that if something in the house starts "running over" you can take a quick vape, disassemble your mech and handle it like a boss!

I think this is on the copper side...it's somewhere between dark and light ;)
Nice! So we can bring balance to the force no matter which way it tilts. I like it ;)

With those big cut-outs on the top it reminds me of a rook - should be called 'Die Kasteel' :)

Back