The Reomiser 2

Hi @Amir
I have moved the above two posts from the BB thread to this RM2 thread
Will take a photo of something in a sec to help answer your question

Hi @Amir

This is how the airhole should line up when the RM2 cap is fastened on

a45f81d9e43167ecdae657a7f3589fdc.jpg

Can you see that black Koki mark I made on the base ?

That's where the airhole lines up when the cap is screwed on. I make that mark so I know where to position the coil. It's not dead centre between the posts. It's a bit closer to the post that's nearer to the juice squonk hole.

If yours is not lined up like that I am not sure how to remedy it short of dismantling the RM2. But I am no pro on that.

PS - excuse the old coil - this was a while back just before a much needed pitstop

For some reason the airflow hole in the RM2 I’ve got doesn’t allow for air to pass directly in line or beneath the coil... it’s sort of just off the post a hair... is this normal?

I figured I’d give the RM2 a shot while hunting down an ol16 but the misaligned airflow kinda threw me off. I went with 8 wraps 26g ni80 on a 2mm bit as a starter but then just left it unfinished
Yeah, some RM2s suffer from that affliction over time. Just slide an o-ring to the bottom of the threading on the base. It will give you some leeway to align the air hole correctly.

Hi @Amir

That's where the airhole lines up when the cap is screwed on. I make that mark so I know where to position the coil. It's not dead centre between the posts. It's a bit closer to the post that's nearer to the juice squonk hole.

If yours is not lined up like that I am not sure how to remedy it short of dismantling the RM2. But I am no pro on that.

Thanx for that. Huge help... will give it another bash in the morning cause I left the reo at the office. That coil might just give me sleepless nights though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, some RM2s suffer from that affliction over time. Just slide an o-ring to the bottom of the threading on the base. It will give you some leeway to align the air hole correctly.

Will give this a shot. Sounds like the perfect temporary fix till I can get my hands on the ol16.

Hi @Amir

Are you using the single hole airflow or do you have a second airflow hole as well?

In my humble opinion, the stock single hole on the RM2 provides the ultimate flavor - change it to dual and/or bigger air hole and the flavor is for sure compromised for the worse.

In my humble opinion, the stock single hole on the RM2 provides the ultimate flavor - change it to dual and/or bigger air hole and the flavor is for sure compromised for the worse.

I’ve got 2 RM2’s. One with an enlarged single hole and the other with a second hole the same size as what I’m assuming is the stock hole. So I put a small piece of duct tape on the dual stock size airflow hole which effectively made it a single air hole and it’s now a working, up and running mtl rda. Just a temporary fix till I get the ol16.

I’ve got 2 RM2’s. One with an enlarged single hole and the other with a second hole the same size as what I’m assuming is the stock hole. So I put a small piece of duct tape on the dual stock size airflow hole which effectively made it a single air hole and it’s now a working, up and running mtl rda. Just a temporary fix till I get the ol16.

Hi @Amir
Im using the single stock hole. Its 1.2 mm in diameter
Perfect MTL draw for me

I agree with @johan - i have tried an enlarged airhole before and found it too loose for MTL. Dissipates the flavour for me.

Those RM2's are made of brass I think. I recall some guys saying they filled it with some substance that closed up a second airhole. Dont know if it was metal or what but maybe @Andre can remember.

Anyhow, single stock airhole on RM2 is still my best MTL vape ive had so far. You just need to carefully change the height of the coil. Higher up increases the throat hit a lot. I like it very close to the edge of the perimeter and slightly higher than the airhole. With my coil and juice that makes it super strong and a lovely vape.

Hi @Amir
Im using the single stock hole. Its 1.2 mm in diameter
Perfect MTL draw for me

I agree with @johan - i have tried an enlarged airhole before and found it too loose for MTL. Dissipates the flavour for me.

Those RM2's are made of brass I think. I recall some guys saying they filled it with some substance that closed up a second airhole. Dont know if it was metal or what but maybe @Andre can remember.

Anyhow, single stock airhole on RM2 is still my best MTL vape ive had so far. You just need to carefully change the height of the coil. Higher up increases the throat hit a lot. I like it very close to the edge of the perimeter and slightly higher than the airhole. With my coil and juice that makes it super strong and a lovely vape.

Still chasing that knockout throat hit but all I’m getting is awesome flavor. I’m using the twisp 18mg 50/50 juice and it’s incredible on flavor but that’s not what this is intended for... I’m looking for that ‘ouchy’ kinda throat hit... makes sense?

Still chasing that knockout throat hit but all I’m getting is awesome flavor. I’m using the twisp 18mg 50/50 juice and it’s incredible on flavor but that’s not what this is intended for... I’m looking for that ‘ouchy’ kinda throat hit... makes sense?

Hehe
I know what you mean
What's the resistance of the coil and how high is it?

Which Twisp juice?

Hehe
I know what you mean
What's the resistance of the coil and how high is it?

Which Twisp juice?

I went from .65 to .45 and currently on .25. I was using twisp blueberry on .45 and now watermelon on .25

I’d say the coil is in line with the top of the post on the perimeter just about off center with the juice inlet hole

I went from .65 to .45 and currently on .25. I was using twisp blueberry on .45 and now watermelon on .25

I’d say the coil is in line with the top of the post on the perimeter just about off center with the juice inlet hole

I assume thats 0.25 for a single coil, not parallel?
If normal single, then thats about 60W of power. No power shortage
Must then be the juice not giving you the throat hit you want.

I am getting very good throat hit with my Blackbird blend. 18mg. With a bit of menthol. And my coil is about 0.5 ohms but its parallel, so basically 1 ohm each. Not a lot of power. But it delivers fabulous throat hit.

I assume thats 0.25 for a single coil, not parallel?
If normal single, then thats about 60W of power. No power shortage
Must then be the juice not giving you the throat hit you want.

I am getting very good throat hit with my Blackbird blend. 18mg. With a bit of menthol. And my coil is about 0.5 ohms but its parallel, so basically 1 ohm each. Not a lot of power. But it delivers fabulous throat hit.

It's all parallel to increase the surface area but I think the problem stems from coil positioning rather than the build itself because the wife is already blown away by the flavor and throat hit which worries me because she's a go-getter... and I dont wanna lose my Reo. She's currently on the kayfun V3 mini and loving it

It's all parallel to increase the surface area but I think the problem stems from coil positioning rather than the build itself because the wife is already blown away by the flavor and throat hit which worries me because she's a go-getter... and I dont wanna lose my Reo. She's currently on the kayfun V3 mini and loving it

I hear you @Amir - glad to hear she is liking the KFV3 Mini

On the RM2, maybe try check the coil position in relation to the airhole. Put a koki mark on the base under the airhole so you know where to put the coil. Then with height, you just put the cap next to the base to see what the airhole height is and adjust it from there.

I hear you @Amir - glad to hear she is liking the KFV3 Mini

On the RM2, maybe try check the coil position in relation to the airhole. Put a koki mark on the base under the airhole so you know where to put the coil. Then with height, you just put the cap next to the base to see what the airhole height is and adjust it from there.

I did the koki thing... started moving on to the coil height thing and then in came Dawn Wing bearing the Siren V2 from Sirs so I moved on to that and boy am I glad that I did... The OL16 will be coming in later this afternoon from @Deckie so ill get back to the reo then... I've said this before and I'll say it again... i'm at that point in my vaping career where I wanna just open the box, throw in some shoddy coil and average wicking and it must just work. If it does that then I'll go to phase 2 which is fine tune and tidy up and make pretty but I dont want to be doing heavy lifting and guess work from the onset. The market is too tight and flooded average atty's and the days of having to make do and make it work are long behind us. Which brings me to my next point... This siren V2, it just works. No fuss no tricks no funny business

I did the koki thing... started moving on to the coil height thing and then in came Dawn Wing bearing the Siren V2 from Sirs so I moved on to that and boy am I glad that I did... The OL16 will be coming in later this afternoon from @Deckie so ill get back to the reo then... I've said this before and I'll say it again... i'm at that point in my vaping career where I wanna just open the box, throw in some shoddy coil and average wicking and it must just work. If it does that then I'll go to phase 2 which is fine tune and tidy up and make pretty but I dont want to be doing heavy lifting and guess work from the onset. The market is too tight and flooded average atty's and the days of having to make do and make it work are long behind us. Which brings me to my next point... This siren V2, it just works. No fuss no tricks no funny business

Nice one @Amir
Glad for you that you like the Siren V2

I hear you about just wanting things to work. And I do tend to agree with you.

However, the RM2 is actually a very simple atty. I got stunning results with it back in the day after very few builds. I still haven't come across a better MTL vape for my tobaccoes. Obviously I haven't tried everything but I have tried a fair amount.

By the way, I personally do not think the Reo/RM2 shines for fruity juices. Have said that before a few times.

Nice one @Amir
Glad for you that you like the Siren V2

I hear you about just wanting things to work. And I do tend to agree with you.

However, the RM2 is actually a very simple atty. I got stunning results with it back in the day after very few builds. I still haven't come across a better MTL vape for my tobaccoes. Obviously I haven't tried everything but I have tried a fair amount.

By the way, I personally do not think the Reo/RM2 shines for fruity juices. Have said that before a few times.

2 factors come into play here... the first being that the RM2 I have, the airflow doesn't line up with the coil so I had to use @Andre's o-ring trick to 'jippo' that. The second being the leaky factor... the juice leaks between the ceramic floor pate and the side of the base. I guess I just ended up with a lemon. This morning the Reo was lightly stuck to the floor next to my bed due to the leak getting juice all through the reo and on to the floor

2 factors come into play here... the first being that the RM2 I have, the airflow doesn't line up with the coil so I had to use @Andre's o-ring trick to 'jippo' that. The second being the leaky factor... the juice leaks between the ceramic floor pate and the side of the base. I guess I just ended up with a lemon. This morning the Reo was lightly stuck to the floor next to my bed due to the leak getting juice all through the reo and on to the floor

Ooh, no that is not good @Amir !
I can promise you if you get a RM2 without those issues it will give you a good MTL vape that is fairly easy to set up and maintain.

Ooh, no that is not good @Amir !
I can promise you if you get a RM2 without those issues it will give you a good MTL vape that is fairly easy to set up and maintain.

I'm sure it will and the day I feel like making a plan and toying and tinkering then I'll break out this RM2 I have and get it working but today just isn't that day. I'm having horrible sleep issues so my patience and tolerance levels are suffering big time.

Oh and a pro-tip word to the wise... Never build and wick and try and test more than 1 MTL 18mg device at the same time. I'm having a Silver right now

I'm sure it will and the day I feel like making a plan and toying and tinkering then I'll break out this RM2 I have and get it working but today just isn't that day. I'm having horrible sleep issues so my patience and tolerance levels are suffering big time.

Oh and a pro-tip word to the wise... Never build and wick and try and test more than 1 MTL 18mg device at the same time. I'm having a Silver right now

Take it easy @Amir
Drink a lot of water

I actually like the feeling lol... Ok I don't like it that much but I can deal with it... And the good news is that the OL16 is here

Awesome to hear @Amir
Please let us know your findings on the OL16 in the OL16 thread when you get a chance (if you havent done so already)

Awesome to hear @Amir
Please let us know your findings on the OL16 in the OL16 thread when you get a chance (if you havent done so already)

I think I have already put some feedback there as I am a huge OL16 fan. Most of my findings are related to restrictive lung hits though so this is a whole new adventure all together by using the ol16 exclusively for MTL

Back