The Reomiser 2

So true @Silver I have also been trying different wires Ni80 as well some flatwire and yet I still find myself going back to Kanthal or even Clapton coils. Simple stuff sometimes just works. But we always have to try and see if we can find the slightly better vape.

Nice Post however.
@Ash , I am still on the hunt for a clapton that I can use in my OL16's and other atty's with a fast ramp up time. I normally do squonking in Reo's amd other mech's

Thanks @Petrus - maybe i will try a 1.6mm ID with the same wire
I have this trusty screwdriver which is 1.59mm in diameter and its my most valuable mandrel. It has a special spot in my vape den. If I lost that I would cry. So thats my minimum ID I usually go.

@Ash - the interesting thing about this is to try where possible to vary just one thing at a time - and then not to decide until one has used it for a while. One is tempted to make a call on something within a minute, but often I need more time to live with it and sleep on it. And try it in different situations. That is painful because it takes forever to get anywhere.... Its one of the reasons I am scared to get into DIY properly.... Lol

@Ash , I am still on the hunt for a clapton that I can use in my OL16's and other atty's with a fast ramp up time. I normally do squonking in Reo's amd other mech's
You have to make them! @SAVapeGear had some awesome baby claptons for the OL16'S. Perhaps I'll post pics if I get a chance today.

@Petrus you could get the coils made and I'm sure @RiaanRed will assist.

If you have the time and would like to make them I'll give you a walk through of what you should get.
Just as rewarding as making a DIY juice which is better than a store bought juice.

Expect some dissapoint ment and a lot of wasted wire but very rewarding if you have patience.

I admire you @Christos . I would like to try some off them. Winner my friend:campeon:
The straight claptons are very easy and no wastage there. Just insert wires and off it goes on its own and done.
The fancy stuff needs practice and patience.

@Petrus you could get the coils made and I'm sure @RiaanRed will assist.

If you have the time and would like to make them I'll give you a walk through of what you should get.
Just as rewarding as making a DIY juice which is better than a store bought juice.

Expect some dissapoint ment and a lot of wasted wire but very rewarding if you have patience.
A bit off the topic, but I think I sort of mastered the DIY scene. I got about 12 dedicated juices I am making alllllll 12mg and it is just perfect for my liking. I like coil building, but all that thin wire is like first time fishing with a Penn reel, always time for a mess-up

@Silver your word choice "I potstopped ..." - I don't think "pot" (aka electric cabbage etc) is allowed to be used on this forum (yet) - it might give the wrong impression :D.

@Silver your word choice "I potstopped ..." - I don't think "pot" (aka electric cabbage etc) is allowed to be used on this forum (yet) - it might give the wrong impression :D.

Sorry @johan
Was a slip of fingers damn ipad!
Have corrected it - thank you :inlove:

Thanks to @Petrus for the suggestion

I recoiled the RM2 yesterday and stuck to the 28g Kanthal Kidney Puncher wire
Parallel coil - 5 double wraps as before

But this time I made the ID 1.6mm instead of 1.8mm as before
Ohms was 0.36

It is a lot better, crisper and nicer for me. (Am vaping Blackbird tobacco.)

Its still not quite as crisp as the same coil with the thinner 29g wire, but i wanted to try this Kidney Puncher wire and i only have 28g

Thanks @Petrus - it is a lot better and I will gladly vape this for a while. The 1.8mm was too wet and juicy and not crisp enough so I had to take it out.

Amazing what this slight difference makes to the vape.

Reo Black got a new coil this afternoon.

Decided to go back to my all time favourite for MTL tobacco - the 29ga Kanthal paracoil

5 double wraps - 1.6mm ID - measuring 0.43 ohms. Positioned so the airhole is near the bottom of the coil.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1496589813.971024.jpg

Wicked up with Jap Cotton. Love this for my tobacco vapes

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1496589889.875762.jpg

Lubed up and trimmed slightly. Just lubed with 18mg PGVG because Blackbird is in rations.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1496589915.758925.jpg

Firing nicely and with loads of vigour. It is instant.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1496589994.334012.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1496590008.584478.jpg

And finally - what a vape indeed. My best tobacco MTL setup. Thumper is thumping ;-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1496590055.004515.jpg

In the bottle is 18mg PGVG , 10 drops of VM menthol and about 1ml of Blackbird. Divine.

Am preferring this coil to the 28g Kidney Puncher - the 29g is more instant and crisper.

And finally - what a vape indeed. My best tobacco MTL setup. Thumper is thumping ;-)

View attachment 96962

In the bottle is 18mg PGVG , 10 drops of VM menthol and about 1ml of Blackbird. Divine.

Am preferring this coil to the 28g Kidney Puncher - the 29g is more instant and crisper.

Now that is a classic Reo @Silver. :campeon:
And the RM2 is THE classic Reo atty. They do what they were meant to do very well for MTL.

They are not really my thing (despite having 8-9 of them)... I only used those that were drilled out for DLH's occasionally. Now days only the brass one custom made for Calamity Jane by Robert when they were both new gets used sometimes. After the 5-6 previous owners that had the combo before me they are beat up/warped. But they still vape like a million dollars, and along with my other OG Reos I consider these a classic combo.

27rss.jpg

Thanks for sharing @Spydro

Indeed, the RM2 is a great atty

For strong tobaccoes, I only do MTL and for me this little atty is a major winner. It has such great flavour and superb throat hit. I have tried several other MTL options but nothing so far has dethroned the RM2 for strong tobaccoes.

Last edited:
Earlier today my mom @Poppie 's RM2 atties got new shiny coils.

7 wrap 28g Vapowire Kanthal. 1.6mm ID. 0.85 ohms each.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1497973881.357636.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1497973948.872091.jpg

Her Red one is for coffee vapes and her Green one is her tobacco machine. She is very happy now !

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1497974004.554682.jpg

Lol, I overheard the guys in the cottage next to us saying:

"Tjek daai tannie - sy vape!"

Ha ha

As hulle net kan weet - wat hierdie tannie vergeet het moet julle stil leer ;-)

An ode to 'Thumper'

She just got a new wick, refill and battery.

Tiny but ferocious

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1500576196.073497.jpg

'Rocket fuel' brown Blackbird menthol blend matched up with fresh brown battery ;-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1500576311.646725.jpg

There she is , drip tip off, ready to rumble...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1500576359.983948.jpg

Fiery, instant, noisy... lovely...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1500576406.283302.jpg

It's funny I still get excited just before the first toot after a fresh pitstop. Almost the same as nearly three years ago

Aye, Reo Black aka 'Thumper' you will always be my 18mg tobacco MTL precious....

What a reliable performer. What MTL flavour. It's just bliss!

What build do u have in the RM2 for mtl? Need some direction with that atty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Amir
You can check the RM2 thread which details not only my build but many others.

For me the best build for my MTL tobaccoes is a paracoil
1.6mm small ID
29g Kanthal (thinner wire for crisper vape)
5 double wraps
Comes out at about 0.45 ohms
Jap cotton or CB2 wick

The paracoil gets more surface area (like a dual) and keeps the resitance down. For me it works well on the RM2

Hi @Amir
You can check the RM2 thread which details not only my build but many others.

For me the best build for my MTL tobaccoes is a paracoil
1.6mm small ID
29g Kanthal (thinner wire for crisper vape)
5 double wraps
Comes out at about 0.45 ohms
Jap cotton or CB2 wick

The paracoil gets more surface area (like a dual) and keeps the resitance down. For me it works well on the RM2

For some reason the airflow hole in the RM2 I’ve got doesn’t allow for air to pass directly in line or beneath the coil... it’s sort of just off the post a hair... is this normal?

I figured I’d give the RM2 a shot while hunting down an ol16 but the misaligned airflow kinda threw me off. I went with 8 wraps 26g ni80 on a 2mm bit as a starter but then just left it unfinished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back