The Reomiser 2

Ok the quest for the perfect MTL vape on the RM2 continues....

Just to recap. So far my best is a 29g Kanthal para coil around 1.6mm. 5 dbl wraps. Crisp. Good power. Great flavour. Instant.

That Ni80 26g single 7 wrapper around 1.6mm was good but I think it was a bit too hot.

Today I found a 1.8mm screwdriver. Was so excited. Vernier says 1.77mm. Awesome.

Same Ni80 26g wire but this time 8 wraps. Not 7. Initially measured 0.36 ohms

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462208286.878525.jpg

Strangely after pulsing and getting the coil ready she measures a higher 0.58 ohms.

Wicked and ready

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462210032.506951.jpg

And what's the verdict?

It's super! Initial vapes are fantastic. The vape is not as hot as with the 1.6mm ID coil and a bit juicier. It's lovely. Yet it's still instant. And flavour is superb. So far, very good. Will see how it holds out over the next day or two.

Just to recap. So far my best is a 29g Kanthal para coil around 1.6mm. 5 dbl wraps. Crisp. Good power. Great flavour. Instant.

That Ni80 26g single 7 wrapper around 1.6mm was good but I think it was a bit too hot.

Today I found a 1.8mm screwdriver. Was so excited. Vernier says 1.77mm. Awesome.

View attachment 53076

Strangely after pulsing and getting the coil ready she measures a higher 0.58 ohms.

Wicked and ready

View attachment 53078

And what's the verdict?

It's super! Initial vapes are fantastic. The vape is not as hot as with the 1.6mm ID coil and a bit juicier. It's lovely. Yet it's still instant. And flavour is superb. So far, very good. Will see how it holds out over the next day or two.
@Silver, strangely you will notice once you start to build with Ni80 you always return. My best vape is 28ga Ni80 1.5mm paracoil. Superb flavour.

@Silver , My short leg, the one that enters the nuppin on the side is about 10mm long " the top of the coil is just above the air openings. I did 8 wraps per coil. So ja the legs are definitely longer than on the RM2 build. I completely forgot to take photo's. After building on the Nuppin I am so glad it is done and dusted no time for selfies.

I've been running a similar build in my Nuppin for a few weeks now, dual 2.5mm, 8 Wraps, 24g NI80.

And let's just say, I only need to take a one second drag which lasts me for about 15-20 minutes. :--P

@Silver, strangely you will notice once you start to build with Ni80 you always return. My best vape is 28ga Ni80 1.5mm paracoil. Superb flavour.

Thanks @Petrus
I need to get some 28g Ni80. Would love to test that. Must be so instant and crisp!

View attachment 53076

Wicked and ready

View attachment 53078

And what's the verdict?

With nickel and stainless steel, even though they can be run in power mode, the resistance increases with heat.
This is the fundamental principle that temp control works on.
SS316L and SS 304 and Ni80 and Ni200 have different temperature curves I. E they increase resistance at different levels with respect to temperature.
Thus if using temp control you need to wait till the coil is cold before using it on your mod because you don't want a higher resistance as your base resistance.

SS at a .5 ohm coil goes to .8 ohms when dry burning for me.

Welcome to the beginning journey of temp control!

With nickel and stainless steel, even though they can be run in power mode, the resistance increases with heat.
This is the fundamental principle that temp control works on.
SS316L and SS 304 and Ni80 and Ni200 have different temperature curves I. E they increase resistance at different levels with respect to temperature.
Thus if using temp control you need to wait till the coil is cold before using it on your mod because you don't want a higher resistance as your base resistance.

SS at a .5 ohm coil goes to .8 ohms when dry burning for me.

Welcome to the beginning journey of temp control!

Thanks @Christos - i thought Ni200 was the wire one uses for temp control. Didnt know that Ni80 was also a "temp control" wire. I am learning.

In any event, I am vaping on the Reo without temp control. At this stage I am just enjoying the faster rampup of the Ni80. And the lower resistance (and more power) of course

Thanks @Christos - i thought Ni200 was the wire one uses for temp control. Didnt know that Ni80 was also a "temp control" wire. I am learning.

In any event, I am vaping on the Reo without temp control. At this stage I am just enjoying the faster rampup of the Ni80. And the lower resistance (and more power) of course
I'm not very sure about ni80 with temo control bit ni200 releases toxic fumes when it reaches a certain temp.
@Petrus has done the research and Ni80 is safe in power mode like SS.
Titanium wire can be used as well as the hotter the wire gets the greater it's resistance becomes.
Kanthal seems to be one of the few materials that is not affected by temperature I. E the resistance s constant.

Still on the quest to determine the best coil for my RM2 I decided tonight to build the exact same Ni80 coil again.

This time in REO Black aka thumper.

I know the juice in thumper very well. WB Blackbird and AV Bobas Bounty mix.

Same coil. 8 wraps. 1.8mm ID. 26g Ni80. Came out after pulsing at 0.58 ohms.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462305581.219237.jpg

Looking good in the RM2. Reasonably high for good TH

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462305606.989166.jpg

And all wicked up and ready to go. Ooh this is exciting. I love that moment of anticipation...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462305663.892499.jpg

And the verdict ?

It's lovely. Lots of power. Vigorous vaporization going on in there!

It's not as crisp as my 29g Kanthal para. A bit more juicy. But it's instant. It's different but very enjoyable. Thumper is thumping. Good throat hit. Perhaps an extra puffs worth of juice because of the wider coil. (1.8mm id vs 1.6mm of my all time fave para)

Some numbers. My para is 0.45 ohms so about 40 watts on a fresh batt. But it's shared between the two para coils. So 20w each. This coil is 0.58 ohms. So about 30 watts. But that's all dedicated to the single coil. Hence the vigour.

So the question now for me is whether the extra power on the single coil is worth the slight loss of crispness which I love so much.

Methinks I need to get 28g Ni80

The journey continues but this is one heck of a MTL vape so I am smiling!

Watch out for a silver @Silver.
Don't want you overdosing again :D

Lol @Christos, thanks for the concern - hehe
I can feel a buzz after four or five repetitive big mouth to lung drags
Its lovely!!

But then its a toot on the Lemo1 with "Strawberry Ice" to wash it down...

So all good. Im still here and not lying down

@Silver I'm glad you're happy with you're new found build, but for the sake of Afrikaans members' sanity, kindly change the reference to "My para ..... is 0.45 ohms" to something like "parallel coil" instead - it just don't read right ;).

Did a 26g ss 2.5mm 7wraps centre coil with that twin air hole cap. Nice vape with surprisingly good flavour.IMG_20160506_110751.jpg

Hunting for the elusive perfect coil never stops...

So far my best for a strong good flavour filled vape is a 29g Kanthal para coil at 1.6mm ID

But I also need a simple single for great MTL flavour and fast ramp. The problem for me is that a single 28g Kanthal coil which has the crispness I want is just not low enough in resistance. 26g gets me low enough resistance but I lose the crispness. That's why I have been resorting to para coils with thinner wire.

I tried recently with NI80 26g single and it was very good but I found myself going back to thinner Kanthal wire. Just not enough crispness (although better than 26g Kanthal)

A week ago or so I managed to get some 28g NI80. Today I tried it. The attraction with this wire is it's fast ramp time and lower resistance than Kanthal - so more power.

Simple 7 wrap single around 1.6mm ID. After pulsing it measured 0.71 ohms.

Trying it with a fruity menthol blend.

Here is the coil. Wicked wih Rayon and lubed up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466361722.787879.jpg

Initial impressions after first few vapes:

Wow, this is superb. Vaporizes with lots of vigour. Lovely. Nice and crisp. This could be something very good. I have a feeling it will hold up very well.

Will see how it goes after a while but so far I am suitably impressed.

Hunting for the elusive perfect coil never stops...

So far my best for a strong good flavour filled vape is a 29g Kanthal para coil at 1.6mm ID

But I also need a simple single for great MTL flavour and fast ramp. The problem for me is that a single 28g Kanthal coil which has the crispness I want is just not low enough in resistance. 26g gets me low enough resistance but I lose the crispness. That's why I have been resorting to para coils with thinner wire.

I tried recently with NI80 26g single and it was very good but I found myself going back to thinner Kanthal wire. Just not enough crispness (although better than 26g Kanthal)

A week ago or so I managed to get some 28g NI80. Today I tried it. The attraction with this wire is it's fast ramp time and lower resistance than Kanthal - so more power.

Simple 7 wrap single around 1.6mm ID. After pulsing it measured 0.71 ohms.

Trying it with a fruity menthol blend.

Here is the coil. Wicked wih Rayon and lubed up.

View attachment 58224

Initial impressions after first few vapes:

Wow, this is superb. Vaporizes with lots of vigour. Lovely. Nice and crisp. This could be something very good. I have a feeling it will hold up very well.

Will see how it goes after a while but so far I am suitably impressed.
Silver have you tried stainless steel on any of your Reo builds?

Silver have you tried stainless steel on any of your Reo builds?

Yes i have @Stephen
Tried several gauges amd diameters
Was nice but something drew me back to Kanthal
Maybe i must give it another try

Yes i have @Stephen
Tried several gauges amd diameters
Was nice but something drew me back to Kanthal
Maybe i must give it another try
I'm going to try out a couple of ss builds this week. The crispness that you get from ss should be a win on a Reo

Just a heads up to anyone who was after RM2's... both standard and LP RM2's are being added to the Reosmods web site shortly. There are 15 of each according to Todd. (Rob's right hand man). If one of them are missing right now Todd is waiting for Rob to return to help him load the product.

Just a heads up to anyone who was after RM2's... both standard and LP RM2's are being added to the Reosmods web site shortly. There are 15 of each according to Todd. (Rob's right hand man). If one of them are missing right now Todd is waiting for Rob to return to help him load the product.

The one that is on the site now without a picture is the LP version at $43.

The RM2 is a formidable MTL solution for the Reo !

My RM2s have been running flawlessly for nearly 2 years and they are pretty much in daily use.

The RM2 is a formidable MTL solution for the Reo !

My RM2s have been running flawlessly for nearly 2 years and they are pretty much in daily use.

The ones I use daily have the air hole drilled out to 3mm and one has the standard hole plus a 3mm hole on the opposite side and I DLH with them.
For my style of vaping on a squonker nothing comes near it.

Recoiling of the RM2 on REO Black aka 'thumper'. This REO is dedicated to thumping tobacco juices and mainly Blackbird.

Nothing like a para coil for this formidable MTL bf atty!

Wrap the coil. That's 5 double wraps of 29g Kanthal Vapowire. 1.6mm ID. Thinnish wire and small ID gives me the crisper vape I like.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474818306.159432.jpg

Measures 0.46 ohms. Not the neatest job but it will do.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474818371.498039.jpg

Nice and high because I like more throat hit!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474818508.109725.jpg

All wicked up and lubed up. With Jap Cotton which does well on tobaccoes

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474818550.896639.jpg

And here she is - REO Black - my best MTL tobacco thumping machine!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474818677.957356.jpg

This is my favourite coil for this setup. In there is Blackbird but I am rationing so am diluting 18mg Blackbird with 18mg PG/VG ;-)

Haven't changed the coil in her for a few months. Gosh. What a super vape on the new coil! It's crisp, it's instant and it's potent. Flavour is impeccable. And it knocks the throat hard. Lovely !!

Last edited:
Recoiling of the RM2 on REO Black aka 'thumper'. This REO is dedicated to thumping tobacco juices and mainly Blackbird.

Nothing like a para coil for this formidable MTL bf atty!

Wrap the coil. That's 5 double wraps of 29g Kanthal Vapowire. 1.6mm ID. Thinnish wire and small ID gives me the crisper vape I like.

View attachment 69120

Measures 0.46 ohms. Not the neatest job but it will do.

View attachment 69121

Nice and high because I like more throat hit!

View attachment 69122

All wicked up and lubed up. With Jap Cotton which does well on tobaccoes

View attachment 69123

And here she is - REO Black - my best MTL tobacco thumping machine!

View attachment 69124

This is my favourite coil for this setup. In there is Blackbird but I am rationing so am diluting 18mg Blackbird with 18mg PG/VG ;-)

Haven't changed the coil in her for a few months. Gosh. What a super vape on the new coil! It's crisp, it's instant and it's potent. Flavour is impeccable. And it knocks the throat hard. Lovely !!

@Silver ..thats the wierd thing abt rm2 (no experience with any other atty on reo) ..i find the coil doesnt gunk as easily as compared to any other mod even with constant use. suppose its the lower power given one cell maybe.

i love it for that..

@Silver ..thats the wierd thing abt rm2 (no experience with any other atty on reo) ..i find the coil doesnt gunk as easily as compared to any other mod even with constant use. suppose its the lower power given one cell maybe.

i love it for that..

Agreed @incredible_hullk
I think it is the lowish power but also it does depend on the juice
Since I have been rationing Blackbird and diluting it with PG/VG the gunking has reduced a lot
Blackbird is a coil and wick shredder and gunker of note!

The thing I like most about this Reo/RM2 setup is that it has performed flawlessly every day for over 2 years. And it has the most beautiful mouth to lung draw and such defined flavour.

For me, the strong tobacco juices are much better in mouth to lung. I get that strong punch in the throat with a strong juice. Have tried many times but cant enjoy tobaccoes the same way in lung hit mode on the Nuppin or the tanks. The RM2 is perfect for me for the occasional strong tobacco puff!

Back