The Reomiser 2

@Silver...very true..i like a 60 40 vg pg mix so easier to squonk. the mtl on reo cannot be compared to anything out there tbh. i used to love black stone cherry and i made a loose interpretation of it and love it in the rm2

Ooh, black stone cherry sounds great
My Diy adventures cannot start soon enough - am itching to make some great tobaccoes and fruity menthols!

Recoiling of the RM2 on REO Black aka 'thumper'. This REO is dedicated to thumping tobacco juices and mainly Blackbird.

Nothing like a para coil for this formidable MTL bf atty!

Wrap the coil. That's 5 double wraps of 29g Kanthal Vapowire. 1.6mm ID. Thinnish wire and small ID gives me the crisper vape I like.

View attachment 69120

Measures 0.46 ohms. Not the neatest job but it will do.

View attachment 69121

Nice and high because I like more throat hit!

View attachment 69122

All wicked up and lubed up. With Jap Cotton which does well on tobaccoes

View attachment 69123

And here she is - REO Black - my best MTL tobacco thumping machine!

View attachment 69124

This is my favourite coil for this setup. In there is Blackbird but I am rationing so am diluting 18mg Blackbird with 18mg PG/VG ;-)

Haven't changed the coil in her for a few months. Gosh. What a super vape on the new coil! It's crisp, it's instant and it's potent. Flavour is impeccable. And it knocks the throat hard. Lovely !!
@Silver ,that parallel coil in the RM2 is definitely my favourite. I doubt if the OL16 will beat that. I have tried, but no luck. I do the exact same build in my RM2 , but with Ni80 28ga wire. Ohm's round about 0.35, but with a 12mg tobacco you can't go wrong.

Some pitstopping today.

My Silver REO has been neglected somewhat for the past few weeks because I've been busy with the regulateds, the Serpent Mini25 and the Avo.

It's back to basics

Gave REO Silver my favourite RM2 coil. A 29g para coil. This time an extra wrap. Came out at 0.5 ohms.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1476029386.935434.jpg

Mixed up some 'Lime Ice' which is the only DIY juice I have made before....

It's GLORIOUS. For me there is no better mouth to lung experience than this coil on the RM2.

And the juice is beautiful. Refreshing and tasty just like a lime and soda. It's about 16mg so it kicks nicely. Actually feels like a Vodka Lime and Soda ;-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1476029553.462427.jpg

Notice the lung hitting regulateds in the background sniggering as Reo Silver reclaims its rightful place in the "attention podium"

You know what guys, if there was a simple device for new vapers that could give the same Mouth to Lung vape as I am getting on this para-coiled RM2 - but with a commercial coil that required no fiddling - then I think it would be so much easier for so many people to give up the stinkies!

Just load a nice juice and go

I've been using my RM2 on the blue Reo for about 2months with Tropical Ice from VM.

It's a perfect combination.

I've been running RM2's since April 2014. Tried some other RDA's, but always go back to the RM2. I've given up searching for something similar/better and just stick with the RM2.

I've been using my RM2 on the blue Reo for about 2months with Tropical Ice from VM.

It's a perfect combination.

@Alex , you swinging a bit over to the MTL camp again?
Hehe
Is the Nuppin still operating on the other Reo?

@Alex , you swinging a bit over to the MTL camp again?
Hehe
Is the Nuppin still operating on the other Reo?

No my RM2 is setup for restricted MTL, I still use the two nuppins all the time, one on my white reo, and the other on the 160w subtank.

Time to recoil REO Black aka 'thumper'

Back to old faithful - 29g paracoil - 1.6mm ID - Vapowire Kanthal - 0.45 ohms

This is my best coil for crisp tobaccoes MTL in this atty

Not too neat but it should do just fine

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1476812879.132437.jpg

Ok so I'm need of some advice here…

Im about to pull the trigger on purchasing two Reo's
one for me and one for the missus (actually just a spare for me Lol)

But reading up on it more here in some of the threads it seems to me the RM2 is
mostly used for Mouth To Lung?

So what atty would be best suited for DL?

Or could i just open the holes on the RM2 for more airflow and use it DL?

@jpzx12rturbo, I love my RM2 drilled out to 2mm, but now it is collecting dust. I would say rather get OL16's. Best of both worlds.

You certainly can drill the existing hole out or even put another one on the opposite side of the cap for DL.
Bang for buck I reckon its up there with the best.

You certainly can drill the existing hole out or even put another one on the opposite side of the cap for DL.
Bang for buck I reckon its up there with the best.

Now that sounds like a plan!
Two small holes instead of one big hole….

Would make lining the air holes up easier as well i assume

Now that sounds like a plan!
Two small holes instead of one big hole….

Would make lining the air holes up easier as well i assume

The hole in the cap generally is drilled in the correct place so that when the cap is screwed down its right next to the coil.You'll be getting the new S/S 510 so its easy to adjust so that you can orientate the RM2 on the mod.
Heres one of mine.
IMG_2206.jpg IMG_2207.jpg

Most seem to think theres a loss of flavour.99% of the time I vape only menthol in my squonkers and I don't notice a drop in flavour.

Can't wait, my RM2 should be here in the post today! Been using a No Pity clone on mine but that one is not very satisfactory for single coil, I don't find. Will definately try out the parallel coils I see on here.

Can't wait, my RM2 should be here in the post today! Been using a No Pity clone on mine but that one is not very satisfactory for single coil, I don't find. Will definately try out the parallel coils I see on here.

All the best with it @CosmicGopher !

I have to say that when I first took the RM2 out of the package, I was a little shocked at how TINY the atty seemed...lol, but seeing it on the Reo it looks perfectly proportioned. My first coil is a 28G, 6 wrap on a 2mm rod at 0.8 ohms.....very, very nice vape....I really like the reduced chamber and the ceramic deck in the atty. You guys were so right about how good this little atty is! My Reo is the tumbled raw aluminum with a silver button. Fits great in the hand. Now I see why you all enjoy yours so much!

I have to say that when I first took the RM2 out of the package, I was a little shocked at how TINY the atty seemed...lol, but seeing it on the Reo it looks perfectly proportioned. My first coil is a 28G, 6 wrap on a 2mm rod at 0.8 ohms.....very, very nice vape....I really like the reduced chamber and the ceramic deck in the atty. You guys were so right about how good this little atty is! My Reo is the tumbled raw aluminum with a silver button. Fits great in the hand. Now I see why you all enjoy yours so much!

Super @CosmicGopher
For me, the RM2 produces the best MTL vape

Just note that the position of the coil in there determines the type of vape. Just a small change in the position by say 1mm can make quite a big difference

I have found higher up (slightly above airhole) tends to increase throat hit. Lower down reduces throat hit.

Enjoy

I pitstopped Reo Black / RM2 this morning

It was time for a new coil.

As some will know, this is my favourite MTL setup for my Blackbird tobacco vape.
For quite a long time now, my favourite coil for this juice has been a Vapowire 29g Kanthal parallel coil. 5 double wraps around a tiny 1.6mm ID, ohming out around 0.45.

I have been told that Kidney Puncher wire is the best, so a while back I got some 28g Kanthal Kidney Puncher wire from Vapers Corner.
  • I wanted to try it, but wanted the ohms to be roughly the same, so I decided to increase the ID slightly.
  • Went for 1.8mm ID. It ohmed out at 0.41 so pretty similar, which was what i was hoping for.
  • Sorry but i didnt take pics this time. It looks pretty much the same as previous coils i have posted. Also raised slightly so the airhole is about in line with the bottom third of the coil.

Verdict - as expected , its not as crisp and slightly juicier and wetter.
The wire seems to be good though and vaporises with good vigour.

I cannot say at this stage whether the Kidney Puncher wire is better than the Vapowire (which i got a while back from Vape Cartel).

But the interesting point is how the change of two small things changes the vape quite a bit. I went from 29g to 28g and from 1.6mm ID to 1.8mm ID.

Im not very happy now, because i will probably have to revert to my old faithful and build again soon. :(Not the fault of the wire at all, just the gauge and the ID.

But i am happy that its yet another reinforcement of my preferred build for this atty and juice! :cool:

Will vape on it for a few days just to let the coil settle a bit - but i doubt i will manage a long term test to evaluate how it holds up to this coil shredding juice.

Vaping requires lots of experimentation and patience - mm by mm one can edge closer to that perfect vape. But the more I do this, the more I realise that it is so juice dependent and personal.

Last edited:
I potstopped Reo Black / RM2 this morning

It was time for a new coil.

As some will know, this is my favourite MTL setup for my Blackbird tobacco vape.
For quite a long time now, my favourite coil for this juice has been a Vapowire 29g Kanthal parallel coil. 5 double wraps around a tiny 1.6mm ID, ohming out around 0.45.

I have been told that Kidney Puncher wire is the best, so a while back I got some 28g Kanthal Kidney Puncher wire from Vapers Corner.
  • I wanted to try it, but wanted the ohms to be roughly the same, so I decided to increase the ID slightly.
  • Went for 1.8mm ID. It ohmed out at 0.41 so pretty similar, which was what i was hoping for.
  • Sorry but i didnt take pics this time. It looks pretty much the same as previous coils i have posted. Also raised slightly so the airhole is about in line with the bottom third of the coil.

Verdict - as expected , its not as crisp and slightly juicier and wetter.
The wire seems to be good though and vaporises with good vigour.

I cannot say at this stage whether the Kidney Puncher wire is better than the Vapowire (which i got a while back from Vape Cartel).

But the interesting point is how the change of two small things changes the vape quite a bit. I went from 29g to 28g and from 1.6mm ID to 1.8mm ID.

Im not very happy now, because i will probably have to revert to my old faithful and build again soon. :(Not the fault of the wire at all, just the gauge and the ID.

But i am happy that its yet another reinforcement of my preferred build for this atty and juice! :cool:

Will vape on it for a few days just to let the coil settle a bit - but i doubt i will manage a long term test to evaluate how it holds up to this coil shredding juice.

Vaping requires lots of experimentation and patience - mm by mm one can edge closer to that perfect vape. But the more I do this, the more I realise that it is so juice dependent and personal.
Interesting, @Silver , try the exact same build with your 28ga wire, but make a 1.5mm ID. The ohms will be less, if I am correct between 0.28-0.32 but the vape will be fantastic.

So true @Silver I have also been trying different wires Ni80 as well some flatwire and yet I still find myself going back to Kanthal or even Clapton coils. Simple stuff sometimes just works. But we always have to try and see if we can find the slightly better vape.

Nice Post however.

Back