The rise (or fall?) of unflavoured juice

Maybe, but. Last weekend my father visited.. So I tell him I stopped smoking two weeks now, he looks impressed/happy. So after a few hours, a few refresments etc, he has this puzzled look on his face. Asked why I say I stopped smoking, as Im sucking on something and blowing smoke the whole day, even more than when I was smoking.
So is that stop smoking?
Haha ! My mother is the same. I went all political on her and told that she knows it's vaping, not smoking so she needs to stop her nonsense. I really lost it with her, because I've been doing this over a year now and she carries on with it as smoking, not vaping.

Basically it might look the same to non-vapers so you have to explain it to them what the difference is. Like the day I was at the dentists, their gardener asked for a lighter. I almost laughed at the poor guy and explained it to him.

Agree. I think these amazing flavours make you vape so much that you actually getting in more nic than when you were smoking, even at 3 or 6 mg nic. Thats why I think its just a downward spiral and you will never stop the nic or revert back to smoking. I think its essensial to have a plan on decreasing nic and then stop vaping all together.
Thats now from a health prospective, from an enjoyment prospective you may do as you please

Does it really count that ypu say you stopped smoking, but you still vape nic everyday?

Does it really count that ypu say you stopped smoking, but you still vape nic everyday?

It counts a lot!!

These are the toxins in cigarettes - but not in e liquid.

www.cancer.gov.JPG

I think the more correct thing to say is I stopped combustibles and now get my nic using an alternative delivery mechanism that research suggests is much less harmful than smoking.

I think the more correct thing to say is I stopped combustibles and now get my nic using an alternative delivery mechanism that research suggests is much less harmful than smoking.

That's such a mouthful, @Silver :-D it's sure to stop people in their tracks! :-D

I always go with the logic that once you have to start explaining to someone, especially with datasheets, scientific proof etc how one thing differ from another, then you lost the argument already.

I don't see it as an argument. Smokers are welcome to continue smoking if they want. I won't stand in their way. I am not my brother's keeper. I worry about my health, they must worry about theirs.

In terms of discussions with non-smokers, I don't see why they would view it as an argument either. They are not nicotine users and I am not trying to sell them on vaping. I'm saying that I do it, not that they should. If they want to view vaping as being worse than smoking, that is fine, I won't stand in their way. I'm not sure why it matters to them. If they are neither smoking nor vaping then surely it's irrelevant to them which of the two is the more hazardous as they are not being affected by either.

I don't see it as an argument. Smokers are welcome to continue smoking if they want. I won't stand in their way. I am not my brother's keeper. I worry about my health, they must worry about theirs.

In terms of discussions with non-smokers, I don't see why they would view it as an argument either. They are not nicotine users and I am not trying to sell them on vaping. I'm saying that I do it, not that they should. If they want to view vaping as being worse than smoking, that is fine, I won't stand in their way. I'm not sure why it matters to them. If they are neither smoking nor vaping then surely it's irrelevant to them which of the two is the more hazardous as they are not being affected by either.

Maybe argumentent is not the right word. Just saying at the end of the day, to most people out there it still looks like you are smoking. You are sucking and blowing smoke/vapor. And can you blame the average person out there for thinking that? If you want you can carry health department data sheet with you to convince them, but for most people ypu just smoking something a bit more healthy than a cigarette.

They are free to think what they want. It doesn't matter to me, either way. If someone tells me I'll get popcorn lung, my response is "Yes but why is what happens to me important to you?"

They are free to think what they want. It doesn't matter to me, either way. If someone tells me I'll get popcorn lung, my response is "Yes but why is what happens to me important to you?"

They often say it because they are justifying to themselves why they dont want to vape

If they are smokers, I can get that. People are always resistant to change and suspicious of new things. When CDs first came out, those who had LPs didn't want to change. When iPods came out, those who had CDs were resistant to change. When TV started in 1976, I remember a bunch of people saying they would never get a "gogglebox". I wonder if they still feel the same?

But I don't get why non-smokers have such strong opinions about it. What does it matter to them whether I smoke or vape? Why is my health suddenly such a huge issue to them? If they don't want to use nicotine in any form, great. I am certainly not going to try and talk them out of that.

If they are smokers, I can get that. People are always resistant to change and suspicious of new things. When CDs first came out, those who had LPs didn't want to change. When iPods came out, those who had CDs were resistant to change. When TV started in 1976, I remember a bunch of people saying they would never get a "gogglebox". I wonder if they still feel the same?

But I don't get why non-smokers have such strong opinions about it. What does it matter to them whether I smoke or vape? Why is my health suddenly such a huge issue to them? If they don't want to use nicotine in any form, great. I am certainly not going to try and talk them out of that.
It's because of all the misinformation out there, stating that vaping is worse than smoking

I can understand why that makes them believe vaping is worse than smoking. What I can't understand is why they now feel that they have a stake in my health. I've heard and read that fast foods are very bad for you. Do I go and stand in McDonald's warning people that "hey, that stuff can damage your health!" What business is it of mine what people choose to eat?

I can understand why that makes them believe vaping is worse than smoking. What I can't understand is why they now feel that they have a stake in my health. I've heard and read that fast foods are very bad for you. Do I go and stand in McDonald's warning people that "hey, that stuff can damage your health!" What business is it of mine what people choose to eat?

@RichJB , i agree with you
But sometimes i think its because that person may have a close friend or family member that smokes or vapes and they are venting their feelings on you. Still doesnt justify it but maybe explains some of it

Fast foods , smoking all the excesses in our lives are old/stale news. The story has been told about the dangers too many times perhaps.
Vaping, being the 'new fad' is the flavour for the day for people to talk about.

I donated blood last week. The nurses who draw your blood never heard of vaping before:eek:
You would think that they being health professionals would know about vaping..

We see articles after articles (good and bad) on vaping, and they haven't even heard about it:confused:

At least the 3 Neurologists I saw knew what vaping was. One tested me for a day and night of not vaping, and same while vaping. All signs virtually identical, in my instance, not saying for others it may be the same. Thereafter he even talked to me while sitting outside while I was vaping. I wasn’t going to complain.

I donated blood last week. The nurses who draw your blood never heard of vaping before:eek:
You would think that they being health professionals would know about vaping..

I read a news article today about how bad the SA womens cricket team were performing and in the comments section peop

Well those people you get everywhere, its part of life. Look at this forum. Cigarettes are reffered to in a derogority term "stinkies". Why?
Ever seen a guy that stopped drinking? How some of them can just bad mouth anything about alçhol? Stopped riding bike? Stopped buying(insert car of your choice)
Now look at this forum how some people have a standard list like a telesales person. My taste is back, I dont stink, I can breath my fingers/teeth are clean.
Same thing, why degrade the other ones choice?
Also same misinformed, I smoked 25years, never had yellow fingers or teeth, never had breathing problems

Yes, there is a tendency that those who have given something up will sometimes be the most critical/derogatory about it afterwards. It's a natural reaction, I guess. It seems to apply to most things too. The people I know who are most scathing of religion are mostly people who were once very devout.

I try to be serene about things and just take it as it comes. I will say this, though: when I go out in public with my Pico, I seem to get a lot of attention from women. If US high school kids realised this and turned their attention from the accursed JUUL to a real device like the Pico, they could kill three birds with one stone: satisfy their desire to experiment with adult substances, allay their juvenile angst about being sexually attractive, and then still get to hot-box their mom's Honda Civic for lolz. Scott Gottlieb would do well to investigate this. The poor fool doesn't even realise the power that the Pico holds over the masses.

Back