The Serpent Mini 22 and 25 Build Thread

@Rob Fisher
If I may ask in all your testing on this RTA what VG/PG ratio have u been using. Things were going well on 60/40
Using 70/30 and getting leaks like hell when filing. This thicker juice seems to push the wicks out when screwing down the top cap.

Are you using Cotton Bacon and are you closing the air flow when filling @Blends Of Distinction?

Yup using cotton bacon and nope not closing airflow when filling
Let me go try that

With the higher ratio juice it find this tank works much better with the ring off... so far no leaks and no dry hits also am closing air flow when filling so that could have made the difference to

I run 70/30 and 80/20 with the ring, never close airflow and never had a leak ir dry hit. Must be lucky

I got my hands on my SM25 and 22 yesterday, finally.
25, dual 2.5mm 28ga kanthal, brilliant. no need to even trim wicks.
The 22 Im still feeling out. But Im sure I'll get there with playing with diffent wire.

Might just get another 25.

But I absolutely hate the drip tips. Just waiting for the next batch of hands tips...

@Viper_SA 8 wraps. I use the same in my Billow nano, and Goblin mini v1.
My go to build. 28 to 30 watts.

Yup using cotton bacon and nope not closing airflow when filling
Let me go try that
@Blends Of Distinction, are youusing the wicking ring? if not the use it. i also didn't use the ring at first and everythign was okay for the first 2 tanks. the next day while out and about it seemed the cotton moved and the tank would leak abit after filling and would leak while in my pocket also. put the ring back on now and im using 70/30 with CB v2 and i fill up without closing the airflow and no leaks out th
I got my hands on my SM25 and 22 yesterday, finally.
25, dual 2.5mm 28ga kanthal, brilliant. no need to even trim wicks.
The 22 Im still feeling out. But Im sure I'll get there with playing with diffent wire.

Might just get another 25.

But I absolutely hate the drip tips. Just waiting for the next batch of hands tips...
@Noddy, whats your Ohm'age on that build?

@Tockit its 0.73 ohm on my Sigelei J80.

I dont know why, but this build just works for me. I have tried nichrome, ss316, clapton, twisted, 26 awg kanthal, but I keep going back to 28 kanthal.

@Tockit its 0.73 ohm on my Sigelei J80.

I dont know why, but this build just works for me. I have tried nichrome, ss316, clapton, twisted, 26 awg kanthal, but I keep going back to 28 kanthal.
I find myself lately just using nichrome. For me it gives the cleanest flavour. I can't stand stainless steal.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

Just did a new build 9n my wife's SM22. TIGERCOIL 3mm id 5.5 wraps. wicked with cotton bacon. came out on 0.7 ohms. what a vape at 35W-40W.
Sorry but the photo came out crappy
20161207_202124.jpg
Photo just before I trimmed the wick and juiced it up.

Based on all the cracked glass, I feel like I should be stocking up on extras before I need them (or they go out of stock...)

Based on all the cracked glass, I feel like I should be stocking up on extras before I need them (or they go out of stock...)

Or just don't drop your mod... I have 4 SM25's and (touch wood) all tanks still in tact! :p

I broke my late moonshot's glass by unscrewing it with a bit of force. Didn't get a spare with this one (second hand) so if this one breaks I'm somewhat screwed.

Yoh sal nie met jou k@k soek nie :) .....

But yeah just be mindful when unscrewing the tank section , the glass breaks easily. Think SirVape had stock of the spare glass.

Yoh sal nie met jou k@k soek nie :) .....

But yeah just be mindful when unscrewing the tank section , the glass breaks easily. Think SirVape had stock of the spare glass.

Yeah I looked through earlier, but it feels wasteful shipping just two spare glass, so I'm trying to find something else that I want to add to the order to make the shipping worth it.

Yeah I looked through earlier, but it feels wasteful shipping just two spare glass, so I'm trying to find something else that I want to add to the order to make the shipping worth it.

Other option try Slowtech , free shipping ok you might have to wait a month but hey :)

Must say the @AllDayVapes Chilled Pineapple is running lekker on the Serpent, it's not dead to me yet...... Low wattage high ohms FTW

I'm having a very interesting experience with my Serpent.

Used the staged wicking technique, with very little wick (cotton bacon v2). So little that I thought it would definitely leak, but not a single drop has made its way out. Flavour is good, and I'm able to chain vape it quite a couple of times with no dry hits.

However, every once in a while, I'll get this burn/dry taste, almost like the start of a dry hit, but when I (tentatively) take another pull, it's full of flavour again :wondering:

Any advice?

Or just don't drop your mod... I have 4 SM25's and (touch wood) all tanks still in tact! :p

Rob I know you probably won't approve but my SM25 got a Vape Band today ;-)

With all this talk of broken glass I figured it needed some protection

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1481311440.432580.jpg

Spoils the classy look a bit. But the upside is when it's in my camera bag it offers easier grip to pull it out by grabbing the tank! Hehe

Oh by the way, the tank is empty again
This thing chows the juice!
We need a 10ml version but with the same flavour!!!

I've ordered 2 extra glass, along with some flavours, including the XXX Rob always rants about.

I feel like if I'm gonna have a SM25 I need some XXX going through it too.

Why cant they make a tank with 10ml extra reservoirs somewhere on the sides or something - without impacting the flavour

Like long range fuel tanks....

Wonder why that is not being incorporated into these juice guzzlers

PS - am on my third tank of @Sickboy77 's CID and am liking it a lot in this tank

Back