Thoughts on the IPV5

I have had my brushed silver one for a few day now. Love it. Solid, easy menu system, shapely, good battery management, bright screen, battery door works a charm and does not move during use. SS buttons works perfectly, no rattles.

I have had my brushed silver one for a few day now. Love it. Solid, easy menu system, shapely, good battery management, bright screen, battery door works a charm and does not move during use. SS buttons works perfectly, no rattles.
Is there any problems that you're experiencing with the paint or on - board charging (assuming it supports) ?

I have had a couple of ipv mods. They have all been winners except for the pos ipv mini 2. I like the Ipv5 and have you seen the X pure tank they are releasing?. Apparently it will only work on the Ipv5.

The X pure tank uses some sort of ceramic chamber wrapped with wire. They say the coils will last for 3 months as you only need to dry burn them clean and I did not see any mention of cotton so they seems to be wickless coils.

Biggest con for me is the shape. Being tall and narrow it does not have a solid stance when set down and falls over quite easily. I stick to the rx200 because of how it is impossible to fall over by bumping it lightly.

If you can live with the shape then by all means get one because they use a very good chipset.

I love my IPV5. Yihi boards are amazing

I have had a couple of ipv mods. They have all been winners except for the pos ipv mini 2. I like the Ipv5 and have you seen the X pure tank they are releasing?. Apparently it will only work on the Ipv5.

The X pure tank uses some sort of ceramic chamber wrapped with wire. They say the coils will last for 3 months as you only need to dry burn them clean and I did not see any mention of cotton so they seems to be wickless coils.

Biggest con for me is the shape. Being tall and narrow it does not have a solid stance when set down and falls over quite easily. I stick to the rx200 because of how it is impossible to fall over by bumping it lightly.

If you can live with the shape then by all means get one because they use a very good chipset.
How do you charge your mod ?

Is there any problems that you're experiencing with the paint or on - board charging (assuming it supports) ?
No on board charging. The port is for updates only. Finish is still brand new, so will have to wait and see, but from what I can see it will not chip like the IPV2.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
What he said. I am so over charging externally. "But it is dangerous" people say. Well I charge my liion cellphone via usb so I will be damned if I won't charge my liion mod via usb.

Is it normal for the IPV5 to make electric buzzing sounds when it is in TC mode?(when fired)

Is it normal for the IPV5 to make electric buzzing sounds when it is in TC mode?(when fired)
I have had that on mine. Tightening up the post screws a bit seems to help. Probably uses pwr (pulse width modulation) in power management. Thus, I think not a cause for concern, but I am no expert in this area.

I have had that on mine. Tightening up the post screws a bit seems to help. Probably uses pwr (pulse width modulation) in power management. Thus, I think not a cause for concern, but I am no expert in this area.
Thanks for replying, I'll try tightening them, the buzzing is coming from behind the OLED Screen, only in tc mode... But yea it might be the pwr thing you are talking about.

Back