Top Local Juice 2016 - Consultation

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
Following on from @Tom's great initiative in 2014, bearing in mind that we now have a far greater supply of locally made juices, maybe the time has come to see how they stack up for members.

This thread is for your thoughts and recommendations on the process. No nominations as yet please.

As previously, we shall have a nominations phase. Each member will be able to nominate a maximum of 3 juices per category. At the end of this stage, I shall tally up all nominations and create a shortlist of a maximum of 10 juices per category. Then we shall go to the voting stage, whereafter the top 3 juices in each category will be announced.

Suggested categories are:
  • Fruit
  • Dessert / Nuts / Candy
  • Menthol and Mint
  • Tobacco
  • Coffee
A juice may be nominated in more than one category if it fits.

Maybe the mods/admins can change the name of this forum to just "Top E-Liquid" without a date. And change the tagline accordingly.

Looking forward to your inputs before we start the nominations phase.

Last edited:
Fruit - XXX
Dessert - Debbie Does Donuts
Menthol - XXX
Tobacco - No Thanks
Coffee - Nothing to blow my mind yet!
Thank you, but were are not at the nominations phase yet. Hold those for when we get there please.

Thank you, but were are not at the nominations phase yet. Hold those for when we get there please.
Haha! Oh right! The process sounded so polished I just went for it :oops:

• Fruit - XXX , Skyblue Melons
  • Dessert / Nuts / Candy - DDD , Skyblue Nillas custard
  • Menthol and Mint - XXX
  • Tobacco - Vm4
  • Coffee - Frappe Milk labs

Boy oh boy some categories are going to be hotly contested :-D

@Andre great initiative! Will it be again international and local? I cant nominate any local juices anymore, have been too long away now ;)

@Andre great initiative! Will it be again international and local? I cant nominate any local juices anymore, have been too long away now ;)
Thanks @Tom - easy now by just following your template. Only locally made at this stage. Maybe international later on.

Is there way to follow a thread without commenting

upload_2016-2-22_18-39-40.png
Top right
Found it on the site, Thanx. Eyes if you use them wondrous things happen.

Gotta have a pastry category... so it can inspire more pastry vapes to be made. They are my favorite. And Candy in its own category apart from Desserts and Nuts. Desserts arent guaranteed sweet but sweeties need to pull off sweet without being garish. Different challenges to a mixologist but thats just my opinion...

Gotta have a pastry category... so it can inspire more pastry vapes to be made. They are my favorite. And Candy in its own category apart from Desserts and Nuts. Desserts arent guaranteed sweet but sweeties need to pull off sweet without being garish. Different challenges to a mixologist but thats just my opinion...

I would also prefer pastry/ bakery away from desserts.

Just a thought on the nomination process thread. Perhaps we could only list each category and relevant product and leave out all comments, this will make it easier for you to collate this info and also make it easier to follow..?

I would also prefer pastry/ bakery away from desserts.
Ok, that sounds reasonable. Define pastry/bakery for me please? Would that be a type of dessert juice? Would it include cereal juices? Biscuit, cake, cookie, etc would also fall under this?

Candy, I think @Lord Vetinari, would probably not as easy to pin down. Maybe we should leave it under the general dessert category for the time being? What do others feel?

Vendors/juice masters are also welcome to comment in this thread please. @method1, @Mike, @BumbleBee and others if you please.

Last edited:
There's a massive amount of competition for fruits and desserts. Then there are progressively less options as for mint, tobacco and then coffee. I'm gonna avoid these threads either way :-D

Just a thought on the nomination process thread. Perhaps we could only list each category and relevant product and leave out all comments, this will make it easier for you to collate this info and also make it easier to follow..?
The idea is to have a nominations thread for each category. I agree we should keep it as clean as possible, but I would not like to not all allow comments at all - someone might have a legitimate question and I also would not like the members not to have fun in the process.

And whilst you are offering;) - you could, at the end of the process, help me tally the nominations as a double check to make sure we get it correct? The vote will be easy as the polls will be visible to all.

There's a massive amount of competition for fruits and desserts. Then there are progressively less options as for mint, tobacco and then coffee. I'm gonna avoid these threads either way :-D
Coward:p. No, just joking - I respect that - feel free to lurk!

This looks very interesting. Just a brain-fart: Anyway we can have a retailer vote side by side. Might be interesting to see what sells vs. what we consumers consider the best ?

This looks very interesting. Just a brain-fart: Anyway we can have a retailer vote side by side. Might be interesting to see what sells vs. what we consumers consider the best ?
Vendors are free to nominate. As far as I can remember they did not during the last round. And they are also free to vote, which of course they must - no doubt they will vote with their conscience!

Should the results be publicly visible just in terms of totals, or to the level of who voted for what ?
Just thinking along the lines of maximum participation, that vendors as vapers should / could also perhaps give their input.

If Vendor A votes for a Juice from Vendor B, then Vendor C might think he/she is knob. If Vendor A perhaps votes for his own juice instead because of an honest opinion, we ALL might think he/she is a knob.
Just saying ;)

Back