Top Local Juice 2016 - Consultation

Dear Andre,
I would like to offer my assistance with your poll on the top local liquids. If you could kindly send me a 10ml bottle of each and every local liquid currently available, I would be more than happy (at no charge whatsoever) to let you know my opinion on said liquids. Thanking you in advance.

Dear Andre,
I would like to offer my assistance with your poll on the top local liquids. If you could kindly send me a 10ml bottle of each and every local liquid currently available, I would be more than happy (at no charge whatsoever) to let you know my opinion on said liquids. Thanking you in advance.
How magnanimous of you @Neal !

This has probably been mentioned before but there are Tea vapes too. Should they be coupled in with coffee? And what about colas or spirits? Is a strawberries and cream a dessert or a fruit profile? Could one juice win in more than one category?

I guess the only way to get a true verdict, would be to subdivide even more -- which may take a while but maybe that's necessary to determine the undisputed best. One could split this thread into various sections: a "dessert" thread for example, subdivides into various other categories highlighting the most dominant desserty flavour profiles - like custard, cream, chocolate, etc.

So it would look like this:

DESSERT (for example)
  • Custard
  • Cream
  • Marshmallow
The winners of those categories would then go to survey and we vote on the best to determine the best local dessert... A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OF LOCAL ELIQUID!

It will get crazy. Really crazy. But at least some, like breakfast or hot beverages, would be a bit less convoluted...

Just my two cents.

This has probably been mentioned before but there are Tea vapes too. Should they be coupled in with coffee? And what about colas or spirits? Is a strawberries and cream a dessert or a fruit profile? Could one juice win in more than one category?

I think it would be fair to group all drinks together - teas, coffee, cola etc... They're all liquids.

Hi @Andre

My suggestion on categories is to make it simple

I do remember @Tom had some juices nominated in multiple categories. @Tom, i cant remember exactly how you dealt with this, but didnt you put it forward in the category that it had the most nominations for?

Or was it possible for the same juice to pop up in two categories?

I think it would be fair to group all drinks together - teas, coffee, cola etc... They're all liquids.
I agree that it's fair, but not to all the flavours. For example, I'd classify a real life strawberry milkshake as a beverage. But in vaping, I'd classify it as a dessert. And some would classify it as a fruit.

I guess to have liquids stand in multiple categories would solve the problem.

I agree that it's fair, but not to all the flavours. For example, I'd classify a real life strawberry milkshake as a beverage. But in vaping, I'd classify it as a dessert. And some would classify it as a fruit.

I guess to have liquids stand in multiple categories would solve the problem.

Ah yes, I see. Some categories can become a bit skewed with vaping.

I don't know now actually lol

If we start to create too many subcategories we will end up with "Your Favorite Strawberry Cream Vape that Doesn't Contain any Hints of Vanilla but Definitely a Dash of Cinnamon" group. Maybe everyone just votes for there favourite juices and we forget the categories? Otherwise it will be way to much admin!

This is going to be great, looking forward to partaking !

I think that perhaps one can add some focus on the taste, not only the description of the juice.
I know that sentence sounds a bit weird but let me try to explain what the voices in my head are on about:

Breakfast/Cereal Juice are not always overly sweet and sometimes have a tartness to them, and as a category could include:
- Cereals
- Yogurts
- Perhaps Coffees and teas

Bakery Juices would be anything bread, biscuit, flour etc, and would include:
- Donuts
- Pies
- Biscuits
- Anything with Graham Cracker
- Cinnamon bakes/cakes

Desserts would be anything that is sweet, rich, warm and satisfying
- Custards
- Puddings
- Heavy creams (with or without fruit)
- and therefore Milkshakes
- Ice creams

Fruit would include any juice where the natural fruit flavour is the star of the juice
- Tropical juices
- single fruit
- fruit with a minty/menthol chill
- Juices where coconut is prevalent

Tobaccos are earthy, rustic and bold
- Nets
- Blends where tobacco is the main star

Menthols are where the aim is to chill and not just brighten the juice

Sweets/Candy are anything which has a, for lack of an explanation, an artificial taste. Reason why i split these from deserts, and fruits is because some people, including myself, are not a fan of Sweets. These would include:
Candy, such as banana runts, yogurt chews, imperials
Cotton Candy
Sherbert
overly sweet peanut butter type vapes

Just my 2c

Thank you everyone. You made me think. Do not think we should go into too many categories, but some refinement seems to be in order. Shall we go with the categories below?
  1. Beverage (coffee, milk, milkshake, soda, cola, tea, etc.)
  2. Fruit
  3. Tobacco
  4. Bakery (cookie, biscuit, dough, pie, donut, waffle, tart, pastry, roll, cake, bake, etc.)
  5. Breakfast (cereal, yoghurt, fruit loops, etc.)
  6. Menthol and Mint
  7. Dessert (sweet, rich, candy, cream, nuts, custard, pudding, ice cream, etc.)
During @Tom's 2014 round he ruled:
If you cannot classify a juice directly to a category, i.e. Whirling Dervish is a tobacco custard vape, and would classify for either Dessert or Tobacco....you can decide which flavour is more dominant. At the time when juices get counted for the final poll there will be only one category for a "mixed flavour" juice....where it received most nominations.

Personally I see no reason why one juice cannot win in more than one category. What do you think?

I like @Schnappie's idea of a top of the top juices, but maybe that could be a vote between all the winners of the different categories at the end?

Last edited:
If we start to create too many subcategories we will end up with "Your Favorite Strawberry Cream Vape that Doesn't Contain any Hints of Vanilla but Definitely a Dash of Cinnamon" group. Maybe everyone just votes for there favourite juices and we forget the categories? Otherwise it will be way to much admin!
Lol! Nobody is suggesting that.

It's the dominant flavour that would be the determining factor. My point is that certain flavours fall into other a number of categories. A strawberry cream is a dessert and a fruit. A strawberry ice cream could be a fruit, dessert and a beverage because what's the difference between an ice cream and milkshake besides a spoon?

But you still have to be inclusive or else you run the risk of ignoring certain deserving companies.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone. You made me think. Do not think we should go into too many categories, but some refinement seems to be in order. Shall we go with the categories below?
  2. Fruit
  3. Tobacco
  4. Bakery (cookie, biscuit, dough, pie, donut, waffle, tart, pastry, roll, cake, bake, etc.)
  6. Menthol and Mint
If you cannot classify a juice directly to a category, i.e. Whirling Dervish is a tobacco custard vape, and would classify for either Dessert or Tobacco....you can decide which flavour is more dominant. At the time when juices get counted for the final poll there will be only one category for a "mixed flavour" juice....where it received most nominations.

Personally I see no reason why one juice cannot win in more than one category. What do you think?

I like @Schnappie's idea of a top of the top juices, but maybe that could be a vote between all the winners of the different categories at the end?
I think these categories work best. Juices should be able to be nominated in multiple categories. After the winners in each category are decided, go to survey to decide the overall winner.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

@Andre - those categories sounds superb to me - makes sense and its still quite simple.
And thanks for clarifying the issue of juices being in two or more categories.
I am okay with that.

Just another thing on procedure. I think Tom had a good way of deciding whether a juice made it to voting.
He added up the three nominations from each member in each category and if I recall he made only the top 10 by number of nominations go through to voting. If there were less than 10 then he had less. Not saying this is how it should be but I am comfortable with that method.

@Andre - those categories sounds superb to me - makes sense and its still quite simple.
And thanks for clarifying the issue of juices being in two or more categories.
I am okay with that.

Just another thing on procedure. I think Tom had a good way of deciding whether a juice made it to voting.
He added up the three nominations from each member in each category and if I recall he made only the top 10 by number of nominations go through to voting. If there were less than 10 then he had less. Not saying this is how it should be but I am comfortable with that method.
Yip, that is my idea too.

I think Tom had a good way of deciding whether a juice made it to voting.
He added up the three nominations from each member in each category and if I recall he made only the top 10 by number of nominations go through to voting. If there were less than 10 then he had less. Not saying this is how it should be but I am comfortable with that method.[/USER]

correct.

2. Fruit
  3. Tobacco
  6. Menthol and Mint

I agree, an overall Best Juice category...

2. Fruit
  3. Tobacco
  6. Menthol and Mint

Agree, must have a Juice of the Year category. It can win it's own flavour category, but it would be awesome to see which is the local juice that rules them all !!!!!

Thank you @Andre
I see the nomination threads have commenced
This is super!

Do you want us to delete any other posts that dont contain nominations in the nomination threads?

Thank you @Andre
I see the nomination threads have commenced
This is super!

Do you want us to delete any other posts that dont contain nominations in the nomination threads?
Thanks for the offer, @Silver, but it is fine - let the members have fun. @Pixstar and I should be able to navigate when we tally the nominations. Shall shout if we need admin/mod assistance.

Great to see this gaining traction again and even more so that's it's for the local juices. We currently have a great selection of local and it's going to be great seeing the results.
I'm sure the juice makers will be very chuffed if their juice places...

Thanks to @Andre and everyone else involved for reviving this

would anyone be keen for a one thread 'Top International Juice' when this is done.

I.e. One category just to see what the hot intl. juices are? Only ones sold here.

I've been out the loop on that front, so I wouldn't mind seeing what's hot.

I would admin it. And only once the local comp is done.

Back