Top Local Juice 2016 - Consultation

Should the results be publicly visible just in terms of totals, or to the level of who voted for what ?
Just thinking along the lines of maximum participation, that vendors as vapers should / could also perhaps give their input.

If Vendor A votes for a Juice from Vendor B, then Vendor C might think he/she is knob. If Vendor A perhaps votes for his own juice instead because of an honest opinion, we ALL might think he/she is a knob.
Just saying ;)
I agree, vendors should vote. Votes will only be visible as a total as far as I know - like all our polls thus far.

Oom @Andre bakery would be donuts, cinnamon roll I'm not sure if we have alot of cakey things locally. I could be wrong.

I think we need to break up the dessert/nut/candy category, I think as it stands the majority of juices out there will fall into this category.

Maybe expand on the coffee category to include other beverages like teas, colas, shakes etc. Pina Colada for example, is it a fruit or a beverage?

Hang on....

if we go on like this we will have 100 categories. Do we even need categories at this stage? Why not just have everyone nominate their 3 or 5 favourites? Are categories really necessary?

Eg, I think it's pretty obvious who will win the Menthol/Mint. And how many juicists make tobaccos. Eliminating categories levels the playing field and gives everyone a fighting chance.

@Andre , firstly a BIG THANK YOU for starting this and getting the ball rolling.
I don't see anything missing at this point.
I also agree that local juices should be the ones we focus on at this stage.

You have my full backing .....
Will support this from an Admin/Mod perspective as much as possible...

Fabulous_2013.png

Thanks @Tom - easy now by just following your template. Only locally made at this stage. Maybe international later on.
yeah, I can understand that as the local juices have become even more sophisticated since. I will follow this still, and will look out for good juices for my next visit to SA. International juices are plenty available here anyways.
I am sure that this time around you will have much more counting to do :D

The whole 2014 Poll was actually quite enjoyable to me, I am sure you will enjoy that as well.

Ok, that sounds reasonable. Define pastry/bakery for me please? Would that be a type of dessert juice? Would it include cereal juices? Biscuit, cake, cookie, etc would also fall under this?

In my mind, bakery or pastry is anything (in reality) that would be baked and made from flour - so pie, donuts, cakes etc. eaten anytime.

Then desserts are more custard, creams etc. after dinner.
I'm not totally sure there is enough to separate them, but to me a custard competing with a donut is a little off.

Lol, cereals - don't know. It's neither a pastry or dessert, but again is there enough of them out there?

Sorry I'm spitballing rather than providing actual solution. But it's food for thought.

At the end of the day what I'd really like to see above all, is plenty of entries completing in each category we decide on. Not like 3 juices competing for one title. So if that means joining categories, then that would be best.

My 2c. I quite like how Drew categorizes the Recipes on the Valley Vapour website; i.e.

Dessert (eg. Custard)
Drink (eg. Coffee, Lemonade, Ice Tea)
Fruity (eg. Apple)
Sweet (eg. Cotton Candy)
Mint/menthol (eg. Mint Candy)
Tobacco/NET
Other (eg. Bacon Pizza lol)

Ok, that sounds reasonable. Define pastry/bakery for me please? Would that be a type of dessert juice? Would it include cereal juices? Biscuit, cake, cookie, etc would also fall under this?

Candy, I think @Lord Vetinari, would probably not as easy to pin down. Maybe we should leave it under the general dessert category for the time being? What do others feel?

Vendors/juice masters are also welcome to comment in this thread please. @method1, @Mike, @BumbleBee and others if you please.
Whoa you have me a little stumped. My taste buds do just fine when it comes to defining stuff but I am finding it difficult to explain without naming juices. I guess to name foreign ones by means of example is OK. Like Jelly by Twonk. And the new one by Rocket Sheep. They all have a warm dough-ey ness that just rocks. Beard also have a cinnamon pastry one cant remember the number.
Yessir I did go and open my mouth too soon lol. Id say the Pastry/Baked juices could be either Dessert OR Breakfast depending on what spin was put on it. But they group together well as 'pastry'...

From my side I support the original format @Andre suggested. Seems straightforward enough and I can put some names to each category without thinking twice for what its worth

Maybe an overall category can be added though

Last edited:
The idea is to have a nominations thread for each category. I agree we should keep it as clean as possible, but I would not like to not all allow comments at all - someone might have a legitimate question and I also would not like the members not to have fun in the process.

And whilst you are offering;) - you could, at the end of the process, help me tally the nominations as a double check to make sure we get it correct? The vote will be easy as the polls will be visible to all.
Glad to help, just shout!

All I know is my juice budget is going to have to grow a little I am definitely trying all final nominees that I havent yet. Should be quite a number I havent been vaping all THAT long at all.

@BumbleBee

Imo we need categories.

If not for any other reason, for reference. Say a newbie comes looking for the best menthol, they can peruse through that particular category to find a bunch of great menthols, all in one place.

Last edited:
My suggestion would be:

Tobacco/ NET
Pastry/ Bakery
Desserts (custards, creams etc)
Drinks (anything liquid)
Mint/ Menthol
Fruits
Other (flowery, candy etc.) - there's probably not enough sweets etc, so throw them together to give them competition.
Breakfasts (I had a look, and there's actually a whole bunch of local ones. You could even put yoghurt here)

My 2 cents.

Yes we need categories.

If not for any other reason, for reference. Say a newbie comes looking for the best menthol, they can peruse through that particular category to find a bunch of great menthols, all in one place.
f.png

huh? never posted that...

My suggestion would be:

Tobacco/ NET
Pastry/ Bakery
Desserts (custards, creams etc)
Drinks (anything liquid)
Mint/ Menthol
Fruits
Other (flowery, candy etc.) - there's probably not enough sweets etc, so throw them together to give them competition.
Breakfasts (I had a look, and there's actually a whole bunch of local ones. You could even put yoghurt here)

My 2 cents.

But then where will my minty flowery chocolate tobacco custard grape whiskey breakfast donut fit in?

Thanks everyone for putting your thinking caps on (except @method1 of course:D) and throwing some ideas around. Keep them coming, Shall make a final call (for better or for worse) as soon as I feel we have given ample opportunity for inputs.

But then where will my minty flowery chocolate tobacco custard grape whiskey breakfast donut fit in?
"Recipes conceived on acid" was my first thought. Mind you without the mint and with hibiscus as the flower that actually looks GREAT. Chocolate, tobacco raisins/sultanas and whiskey with a hint of hibiscus. Come ONNNNN that will be lovely! Do it. I will test drive it. Sounds more exotic than crazy.

@Andre
I think your initial catagories were spot on maybe add a category breakfast
We're cereals and pastry will fall under
And for drink flavours ie.. coffee,tea,cola,milkshake
Have 2 catagories.
Cold drinks
Hot drinks?

Oh it's going to be good. I sound like a broken record, but my word do we have some outstanding local juices nowadays.

I've had three different local gems today, and all of them were outstanding!

Following on from @Tom's great initiative in 2014, bearing in mind that we now have a far greater supply of locally made juices, maybe the time has come to see how they stack up for members.

This thread is for your thoughts and recommendations on the process. No nominations as yet please.

As previously, we shall have a nominations phase. Each member will be able to nominate a maximum of 3 juices per category. At the end of this stage, I shall tally up all nominations and create a shortlist of a maximum of 10 juices per category. Then we shall go to the voting stage, whereafter the top 3 juices in each category will be announced.

Suggested categories are:
  • Fruit
  • Dessert / Nuts / Candy
  • Menthol and Mint
  • Tobacco
  • Coffee
A juice may be nominated in more than one category if it fits.

Maybe the mods/admins can change the name of this forum to just "Top E-Liquid" without a date. And change the tagline accordingly.

Looking forward to your inputs before we start the nominations phase.

Hi @Andre
The name of this forum has been changed to "Top E-Liquid" and the tagline has also been amended accordingly. Let me know if you need any further changes. Thanks again for your efforts Andre. Hugely appreciated

Me coming from left field, as usual...
  • Fruit - Wiener Vape Co Fetch
  • Dessert / Nuts / Candy - Mr Hardwick's DDD and Smackaroon are both equally fantastic.
  • Menthol and Mint - not a fan of mint because cigarettes
  • Tobacco - See above
  • Coffee - As a coffee geek it's hard to find a good coffee vape as I only drink freshly ground arabica coffee of established origin. That being said, the best I've ever tried, domestic or import, is Milk Labs Frappe.
  • Cereal - NC Milked

Awesome thread by the way. Lot's of intriguing opinions and options here and seeing that March is my juice stockpile month, I will be trying Skyblue. Been looking for a sweet melon vape since I got into this hobby.
Thank you @Kamiel, but please hold onto these - we are not at the nominations stage yet. Still sorting out the categories and process.

Back