Twisp Cirrus AIO

rogue zombie

Vaping Addict
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Is this a Joyetech product?

My wife has had a Joyecth D19 or whatever the crap it is, and it lasted less than 90 days. So I am not at all impressed.

The EGO AIO's were great, we had four since they were released and they did the job for a respectable amount of time. This new one - well I'm not at all impressed.

So I will happily buy into Twisp, knowing that their back up service is reputable. But I'm not sure, if it is produced by Joyetech.

Morning @rogue zombie.

First let me answer your question directly: No the Cirrus is not a Joyetech product. I will be more specific because the next statement will seem confusing: none of it's parts are even made by Joyetech. None of our products are Joyetech products.

I'd like to qualify that last statement about none of our products being Joyetech products by explaining our process. We are firstly not in the habit of disclosing our suppliers, but we have many, of which I will concede Joyetech is one. Our process ensures we travel to test and work together with the suppliers to bring about our own unique designs or improvements on designs for our purposes. We have a team of designers and we start from scratch sometimes and supply our own designs and user specified parameters. All designs go through a rigorous phased design approach which starts with concept designs, followed by mechanical design and prototype testing and finally design for manufacture with further prototyping of multiple samples for infield testing. Quality of design is not only ensured, but raised during this process and tested, of course. Our standards for quality are known to be higher than any Chinese brand or supplier, so we have a dedicated internal quality evaluation procedure and team that takes over from my team before it is time to produce. We do pre-production trial runs, pre-delivery inspection of mass produced goods and finally incoming quality checks before the product hits the shelves. This process can take 4-8 months to develop a product for Twisp, before it is ready for our customers. So for example, if we were to work with Joyetech on a product, by the time we have finished (for example):
  • Raising the quality spec, changing all materials to high grade Stainless Steel
  • Improving airflow design
  • Changing to our Smart Button
  • Upgrading the electronics to our standards and making sure it does true constant wattage with buck AND boost circuits
  • Increasing the coating specifications to high grade ceramic coating or PVD so it does not scratch off
  • Upgrading wire gauges
  • Changing to Push-In Coils
  • Changing to easy refill and coil changing designs
  • Improving aesthetic design and cosmetic specs so that we maintain the sleek,modern and classic lines of the Twisp brand
  • Increasing the build quality
  • Increasing the quality standards
... we have added quite a bit of cost over and above what their standard cost might me and this, in my opinion, is no longer then a Joyetech Product. We just leverage their manufacturing capacity, but the designs are significantly ours. I sometimes wish people understood more about all the design effort that we put into our own products. We really should do a better job of advertising that. Working on it.

What crapped out on your wife's D19 kit? I am very interested to know?
Why do you rate the older EGO AIO as better? I have tested the D19 atomizer and find it to be very good for flavour and delivery - especially as MTL. The kit is not great, however, I agree. Cheap construction and difficult to change coils or batteries.

So I believe you can happily buy into Twisp because, regardless of whether we make any products with Joyetech or not, unlike them, our brand can not afford to launch a lemon! Companies like Joyetech, will happily launch a product just to test the market. They do so, many at a time. The ones that stick stick and the rest get dropped in a as quickly as 1~3 months. We cannot operate like that as we have to support our products and customers for long periods of time.

So yes, our backup service is reputable, and we offer a six month warranty - here, locally!
In the event we pick up a problem with a batch, we insist on it being replaced or corrected by our supplier. It does not get sold on to the consumer. We can do this because of the large quantities of product we produce on a monthly basis. I believe this is a HUGE advantage, for you as a South African consumer, over other the other brands out there. Hope this helps you and others to better understand what we are trying to do. Our ultimate mission is to get people off cigarettes and to help keep them that way.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the Cirrus AIO or if you need any recommendations. ;-)

M!c

What crapped out on your wife's D19 kit? I am very interested to know?
Why do you rate the older EGO AIO as better? I have tested the D19 atomizer and find it to be very good for flavour and delivery - especially as MTL. The kit is not great, however, I agree. Cheap construction and difficult to change coils or batteries.

Thank you for all the info. I will go with the Cirrus then.

The D19 was badly made (I know quality control can be random, but that shouldn't be my problem)
The first time I screwed in a new coil, when it was all put together again, I noticed it the tank was no longer sitting straight, so it was shorting. I had to straighten out the base that sits on top of the battery (that the coil screws into).

Now, on Saturday it basically stopped working all together unless it was plugged in. And when it was plugged in, it kept shorting for no reason I could understand - the base was straight, I put in a new coil (in case it was the coil).

Also, needless to say, the paintjob looked like it was a 3 year old device.

Last edited:
The EGO AIO was not a better vape - the D19 was defintely a better "vape". The D19 coils were also better.

But we owned 4 EGO AIO's (2 at a time), and they lasted well over 6 or so months each, which I can live with at the price point. So I think the build quality was better. 4 units, not one gave a problem.

When you buy something and it doesn't last 90 days in the hands of a light-user (as in doesn't vape all that much), well that's not very encouraging. Now the thing has to go to head office, we wait 7 days, and wait and see if my problem gets resolved :rolleyes:

I understand these manufacturers give retailers, basically, rubbish back-up service. But again, not my problem.

Thank you for all the info. I will go with the Cirrus then.

The D19 was badly made (I know quality control can be random, but that shouldn't be my problem)
The first time I screwed in a new coil, when it was all put together again, I noticed it the tank was no longer sitting straight, so it was shorting. I had to straighten out the base that sits on top of the battery (that the coil screws into).

Now, on Saturday it basically stopped working all together unless it was plugged in. And when it was plugged in, it kept shorting for no reason I could understand - the base was straight, I put in a new coil (in case it was the coil).

Also, needless to say, the paintjob looked like it was a 3 year old device.

I hear you and completely agree with your assessment. In short (excuse the pun) if you experienced any issues like that with one of our devices within a 6 month period, we would exchange the device immediately at one of our kiosks.

I would just like to check, is the Cirrus for your wife? What style of vaping does she enjoy? MTL? STL? The Cirrus is sort of a "Goldilocks" device in that the draw and vape performance is somewhere between MTL and true STL. If you prefer looser airflow and larger vapour performance I would recommend the Nimbus AIO, or the Nimbus tank on one of our Vega Batteries. Our Cumulus tank is very airy, lots of airflow and flavour, but these devices are bigger and more advanced. For a light user that wants a stable device, long battery life, with entry level STL clouds but great flavour - the Cirrus is a good choice.

I hear you and completely agree with your assessment. In short (excuse the pun) if you experienced any issues like that with one of our devices within a 6 month period, we would exchange the device immediately at one of our kiosks.

I would just like to check, is the Cirrus for your wife? What style of vaping does she enjoy? MTL? STL? The Cirrus is sort of a "Goldilocks" device in that the draw and vape performance is somewhere between MTL and true STL. If you prefer looser airflow and larger vapour performance I would recommend the Nimbus AIO, or the Nimbus tank on one of our Vega Batteries. Our Cumulus tank is very airy, lots of airflow and flavour, but these devices are bigger and more advanced. For a light user that wants a stable device, long battery life, with entry level STL clouds but great flavour - the Cirrus is a good choice.

She vapes MTL, but with devices that have a slightly tight to loose draw - so suits either MTL or STL. She doesn't care about vapour production, prefers less. She likes the mechanics of vaping as she was once a light smoker. And flavour basically.

She should test the Cirrus before buying it. I am worried she might not have enough control on the MTL side of draw pressure. But I highly recommend she try our Clearo 2. The new Arcus Tank is our best MTL experience though. I think she will love it.

Morning @rogue zombie.

First let me answer your question directly: No the Cirrus is not a Joyetech product. I will be more specific because the next statement will seem confusing: none of it's parts are even made by Joyetech. None of our products are Joyetech products.

I'd like to qualify that last statement about none of our products being Joyetech products by explaining our process. We are firstly not in the habit of disclosing our suppliers, but we have many, of which I will concede Joyetech is one. Our process ensures we travel to test and work together with the suppliers to bring about our own unique designs or improvements on designs for our purposes. We have a team of designers and we start from scratch sometimes and supply our own designs and user specified parameters. All designs go through a rigorous phased design approach which starts with concept designs, followed by mechanical design and prototype testing and finally design for manufacture with further prototyping of multiple samples for infield testing. Quality of design is not only ensured, but raised during this process and tested, of course. Our standards for quality are known to be higher than any Chinese brand or supplier, so we have a dedicated internal quality evaluation procedure and team that takes over from my team before it is time to produce. We do pre-production trial runs, pre-delivery inspection of mass produced goods and finally incoming quality checks before the product hits the shelves. This process can take 4-8 months to develop a product for Twisp, before it is ready for our customers. So for example, if we were to work with Joyetech on a product, by the time we have finished (for example):
  • Raising the quality spec, changing all materials to high grade Stainless Steel
  • Improving airflow design
  • Changing to our Smart Button
  • Upgrading the electronics to our standards and making sure it does true constant wattage with buck AND boost circuits
  • Increasing the coating specifications to high grade ceramic coating or PVD so it does not scratch off
  • Upgrading wire gauges
  • Changing to Push-In Coils
  • Changing to easy refill and coil changing designs
  • Improving aesthetic design and cosmetic specs so that we maintain the sleek,modern and classic lines of the Twisp brand
  • Increasing the build quality
  • Increasing the quality standards
... we have added quite a bit of cost over and above what their standard cost might me and this, in my opinion, is no longer then a Joyetech Product. We just leverage their manufacturing capacity, but the designs are significantly ours. I sometimes wish people understood more about all the design effort that we put into our own products. We really should do a better job of advertising that. Working on it.

This is great to see and read @Mic Lazzari
Thanks for sharing this with us
Big ups to you guys for all the efforts you put in!

Back