TWISP CUE | PRODUCT OVERVIEW

This is from just dabbing the POD on a tissue.

So this clearly shows that it is leaking.

20171103_105922.jpg

It seems my pod is also cracked and leaking. Didnt vaoe on it whole day yesterday and it was drenched in juice now when took it out. Check the hairline cracks. If you use a flash right against the pod ypu can see it more clearly
6e0c393a3547dca15919bffa8fc2b80b.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

UPDATE - INITIAL FEEDBACK PENDING OFFICIAL REPORT

We are still investigating, and appreciate your feedback! The design team is doing our own research in conjunction with our manufacturing partners and are still working on a final report and assessment. The Twisp Support team is standing by to assist you further, and in the meantime to facilitate collecting your suspect pods for our ongoing analysis.

Let me first state that leaking and condensation are two separate things.

Scenario 1: CONDENSATION - nature being a fickle mistress
To facilitate easy insertion and removal of the pod from the Cue there is a small gap between the pod and the cue shell. The result is that you can easily drop in and take out the pod - win. In use you will find, like any atomizing core, that some vapour is left over in the chamber after activation has stopped - this is normal as gasses return into a liquid state once the temperature returns to normal.

With the small amount of vapour trapped between the Cue shell and Pod returning to liquid state you might see a few droplets on the base of the pod....let us refer to this phenomenon as 'condensation'. Over a period of use more of the condensate accumulates resulting into something looking like leaking. This is normal and all Twisp support and Kiosks will see this as acceptable as a normal, everyday occurrence.

Scenario 2: LEAKING - what we fear the most
Catastrophic leaking - as in the contents of the Pod is deposited in copious amounts is not normal. The internal structure of the POD itself does not allow for large amounts of leaking to occur. We seal the pod base onto the POD top, and additionally reinforce the mechanical clipping sections as well. But what potentially can occur is that the internal seals (of which there are three independent silicone sleeves and gaskets) might misalign during assembly. We have already pushed through more stringent QC processes and a design revision to the POD seals (rev 1.1).

We are also aware of some mold lines that could potentially look like cracks. With mechanical fixing of the magnets we have noted that potential cracking could occur, and QC should pick these up. The good news here is that the affected components that exhibit these cracks do not share the reservoir space and should not introduce leaking even when cut or cracked. The lower 2/5ths of the pod is dedicated to controlling air movement and house the ceramic core. So please, do not be alarmed if the transparent plastic parts appear to be cracked as this should have no effect on catastrophic leaking. Should the ceramic core be damaged in assembly a catastrophic leaking event can occur, at which point it is detected and rejected during filling.

Scenario 3: HIGH TEMPERATURES DURING STORAGE
A last point that I would like to make is on high temperatures, the Pods are filled with a negative pressure to further keep out leaking. When stored under high temperature conditions, like for example in the cubby, the introduction of high temperatures will affect the internal pressures and might lead to subsequent increase of a chance for leaking.

Quality Control
  • Random volume QC checks are done on every component at every stage of assembly.
  • Random volume QC checks are done after assembly at which point physical tests are done on the completed pods.
  • Once through packaging another random set is drawn and QC performed, with physical testing done as part of the QC process.
  • After receiving our orders locally we do a large QC draw on kits and pods to do a local QC check.

This is a very costly QC process and one that we make sure is 100% implemented with all our manufacturing partners, and in many instances our QC standards become the golden standard in our partner manufacturers.

As this is a new product we have our 1st production run being scrutinized by a multitude of additional volume QC steps. However, with the large volume of production there is always a risk that a pod might have been passed. This is what we are trying to fix throughout every Twisp product and we absorb the hefty costs involved.

Our secondary plan of attack is v1.1 updates to the design - and this is where we are now.

We are looking at EVERY return case and are fully focused on finding revisions and implementing solutions prior to our next batch

PLEASE CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM so that we can organize relevant returns! We have a dedicated team who handles all customer issues.

2 of mine had the issue bad.Only testing the 3rd one now.

So they replaced 2 for me.

@SAVapeGear Did all 3 pods have the same issue ?

I only tried 2, will try the 3rd one and revert.

@HPBotha, assume that we still have the same issue (I hope not), what do you propose as a solution.

Please contact our Support department. As I understand it the Cue itself is working as intended. But please take note the distinction between LEAKING and CONDENSATION.

@HPBotha

Thanks for arranging the swop out of the pods.

I will test them and see how it goes.

Thanks for taking the time in contacting us :-D

Personally I truly believe that the Cue is the easiest way to get people onto an alternative to smoking. We are not done, and there is always room for improvement on any device, so we appreciate the feedback!!!

Remember the Twisp Support team is only an email away....as the cliche goes.

Just to report back,all the PODS are leaking.Even the ones they replaced.

They told me it is an Isolated case and they don't have any other customers complaining.

O well.Hopefully they will have better pods in the future.

Thanks @SAVapeGear

Also Reporting back on my 3rd Polar Mint POD which I posted previously (with juice on the side of it when i took it out)

Have brought it on holiday and am pleased to say that it has not leaked a drop outside the device when installed.

So to be fair, while this may be condensation (or a leak, who knows) its not actually leaking outside the device. And the device has been working fine. Have taken a few toots on it here and there the last couple of days.

If I get a pod that leaks outside the device when installed I will report that here

Reporting back on my 3rd Polar Mint POD which I posted previously (with juice on the side of it when i took it out)

Have brought it on holiday and am pleased to say that it has not leaked a drop outside the device when installed.

So to be fair, while this may be condensation (or a leak, who knows) its not actually leaking outside the device. And the device has been working fine. Have taken a few toots on it here and there the last couple of days.

If I get a pod that leaks outside the device when installed I will report that here
It doesn't leak outside the device,but inside it is like a dam.And only after 5 or 6 puffs.

Been using the Cue for a couple of days now.
Polar mint is good
The rebel was nowhere near what I remember the flavor to be from the clearo days.
Condensation / Leaking is present on all pods so far. However not a issue yet as it has not leaked out of the sides.
All in all a pretty nifty little out and about device. Will however see limited use if they don't expand the flavor range on the pods

Just took out my pod now.

Quite wet but no leaking outside the device.

5c901a747bd725892bcfe759f15d646b.jpg

Just took out my pod now.

Quite wet but no leaking outside the device.

5c901a747bd725892bcfe759f15d646b.jpg
Yes.Mine looks the same after every 5 or 6 puffs.What I want to know is,can those juice get into the battery?I see there is a seal but it looks like the juice will go through in time.

Also remember than there is only 2ml juice in the pod.So If I keep wiping it clean,how much are you actually getting of that 2ml?

Yes.Mine looks the same after every 5 or 6 puffs.What I want to know is,can those juice get into the battery?I see there is a seal but it looks like the juice will go through in time.

Also remember than there is only 2ml juice in the pod.So If I keep wiping it clean,how much are you actually getting of that 2ml?

Not sure @SAVapeGear
I havent wiped mine and its that same amount of fluid there
If it was continuously leaking further im sure the pod would be finished in no time or it would leak out
But the pod is still going. Into its second battery charge. And no leaking outside the device.

Am concerned about it going into the battery section now that you mention it but it seems all fine still.

Will monitor...

Not sure @SAVapeGear
I havent wiped mine and its that same amount of fluid there
If it was continuously leaking further im sure the pod would be finished in no time or it would leak out
But the pod is still going. Into its second battery charge. And no leaking outside the device.

Am concerned about it going into the battery section now that you mention it but it seems all fine still.

Will monitor...
there is a heavy seal in the Cue battery section for that very reason @Silver \ (•◡•) /

Back