Twisp - Retailer Reviews

I think the problem with absolute new vapers is brand recognition. I mean a newcomer will have heard of Twisp, but never EVOD (Kangertech or Joytech). So they would think Twisp is the real deal.

I remember telling my neighbour to just get an Evod set-up, and he said something like he'd prefer buying an "original" and not a cheap copy. That was his, and I reckon many other folks perception.

I reckon this would only change if the likes of Joytech, Aspire etc. actually advertise or market to the mainstream.
I agree. Advertising is very powerful. Twisp seem to have the "Edge" on most other vaping companies in terms of advertising and their little kiosks. But word of mouth and websites like this are also a big game changer.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I agree. Advertising is very powerful. Twisp seem to have the "Edge" on most other vaping companies in terms of advertising and their little kiosks. But word of mouth and websites like this are also a big game changer.

Ya no for sure.

Personally, I was lucky enough to start with an Evod because a friend was using one, so word of mouth saved me quite a couple of hundred bucks.

Hi all

While it is good to discuss and debate things in a general sense, please note that this is the Retailer Reviews thread, so please keep your comments on topic.

we've all had different experiences with different brands, my experience with twisp was excellent to be honest. They got me off the stinkies, but I found them a bit expensive - and so began my search for something cheaper. I found cheaper juice, LIQUA (pukes now) - and was okay with it. So in general my experience was okay with Twisp. I don't know what is going on now with Twisp, but me thinks that there is more competition now. Combined with the fact that devices and juices are so easily accessible these days.

we've all had different experiences with different brands, my experience with twisp was excellent to be honest. They got me off the stinkies, but I found them a bit expensive - and so began my search for something cheaper. I found cheaper juice, LIQUA (pukes now) - and was okay with it. So in general my experience was okay with Twisp. I don't know what is going on now with Twisp, but me thinks that there is more competition now. Combined with the fact that devices and juices are so easily accessible these days.
I only vape tobacco brands. The LiQua Red Oriental Tobacco @160 for 30mg, 6mg strength, is really nice on my palate and throat. Even the "Virgina" is good. Twisp "tobacco" flavours are not that great.

I must admit i might not have been vaping now if not for Twisp. Well the eye-catching ads at least. It got me very curious and i visited the website and thought "wow that looks really cool" maybe i should get the Aero for xmas...few days later we went to a show at Barnyard and a mate there was vaping on his Ijust2 and I gave it a try and I was sold...Would go to a twisp kiosk on payday and get my Aero...by some miracle I asked him which twisp device I should get and he told me to stay clear. So the Evod got me going, the subox mini was my xmas self spoil, the subvod became my work stealth device later replaced by Ijust2 and melo2 tank, and now I have my sights set on a RDA device and 200w mod combo soon, just working out my strategy to convince wifey...all in the space of a month.certainly not cheaper than what i spent on smokes a month yet but life has some new flavour to it :)
So thank you Twisp !

Last edited:
Twisp was also my start into vaping.
I had researched "vaping" extensively to this point and had lots of questions for the sales attendant. All went unaswered. But not knowing about any other devices in the South African market I decided to bite the bullet and get.
Having not experienced any other vaping till then I thought the "Edge" was what everyone was raving about. It wasn't dreadful , but it also wasn't particularly good either.

Twisp just has really good marketing. They're in the right places , and have the budgets for those splashy billboards. Unfortunately they also rip their customers off and use ignorance to dominate the market.(which is also the fault of the consumer).

I soon heard from a friend about "vapeshop" where he had bought a cloupor GT as a birthday present for another friend.
Upon discovering it I was pissed that Twisp could rip me off so much. But quickly realised it was my fault for not researching thoroughly enough.

I quickly purchased a Kangertech subox nano starter kit, started with the tank but soon realised that an RDA is the way to go, and have been vaping with a velocity RDA for a few months now.
Until I got a Nemesis mech mod a few days ago. Can't wait to try my hand (safely!!!!) at mech mods.

@oldtimerZA. You shouldn't have an issue with the Nemesis. It is the series mods, you really need to be careful of. Only thing to watch out for on the Nemesis, is that you don't have the button autofiring continuously, as you could destroy your coil and atty.

Twisp does just as much damage to the perception of vaping as it does good. Sadly for every person that a Twisp gets off the analogues there is also a person that spends a shit load of money on a Twisp and then proclaims vaping isn't working for them. That is because they flushed a lot of money down the drain without getting to experience what good vaping is like.

A company which sells people high PG 18mg juice as if that is normal is in my opinion not responsible. Sorry but very little time for them

Twisp does just as much damage to the perception of vaping as it does good. Sadly for every person that a Twisp gets off the analogues there is also a person that spends a shit load of money on a Twisp and then proclaims vaping isn't working for them. That is because they flushed a lot of money down the drain without getting to experience what good vaping is like.

A company which sells people high PG 18mg juice as if that is normal is in my opinion not responsible. Sorry but very little time for them
I agree with your first paragraph.

The second one does, however and imho, need some qualification.

Inherently there is nothing wrong with high PG - unless you have a reaction to it as some people have to VG. It is a matter of device and preference. Most of the Twisp devices can probably not operate without higher PG. Personally, I prefer my juices in the range of 40PG/60VG, but can happily vape higher PG and higher VG than that. For colds I vape 80PG with menthol added.

Nicotine by itself is in the class of caffeine at most (according to published research). Almost three years ago, with vaping devices not nearly as effective as today, I started off with 36 mg nicotine to kick the stinky habit. After a month went onto 24 mg and so on until I am now on 12 mg, using the same mod (Reo) I used on the 24 mg. The concentration of nicotine required to kick the deadly habit varies from person to person. Again, most of the Twisp devices are probably not effective enough to get people off the stinkies with lower nicotine. Also, many members on here and not on here still vape 18 mg, but it is a rock solid fact that all go down in nicotine - at their own sweet time.

Hahahaha Twisp users seeing you with your Vape for the first time (Never knew such devices existed):

Twisp-Pro: Holy crap what is that your walkie-Talkie?
Sub-Ohm-Me: It's my vape good sir!
Twisp-Pro: A Vape, What is a vape? Looks like a freaking Bong that you smoke your drugs in.
Sub-Ohm-Me: (Take a nice big pull) exhale...
Twisp-Pro: What the..... gees!!! So much Smoke.... WOW!!!
Sub-Ohm-Me: haha! Not smoke, Vapor.
Twisp-Pro: How do you do that, how does that thing work and is it even safe to be inhaling so much "vapor"?
Sub-Ohm-Me: Well you doing the same thing with your Twisp, this is just more powerful.

Start Show and Tell (Coil/Ohms/batteries/RBA/Mods/Tanks/Wicking...)
Twisp-Pro: MIND BLOWN!

Twisp-Pro: Noway this thing does not even compare, I didn't even know you get stuff like this. What does your setup cost?

Sub-Ohm-Me: You can get started from around R700 - R1200 (Skies the Limit)

The Penny Drops...

Twisp-Pro: But I paid about that for my Twisp, and it feels and tastes nothing like yours, but I like how small the Twisp is though (excuse/denial)

A week later...

Twisp-Pro: Hey bud I've been doing some research on this vaping thing and there is so much out there, I don't know where to start but really want to get into it, any advice?

Sub-Ohm-Me: Glad you mentioned it, I'm heading to my favorite Vape shop later today you should come the guys there are awesome...

The Start
(No End in sight)

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-20_10-34-46.png
    upload_2016-5-20_10-34-46.png
    426 bytes · Views: 19
    280 bytes · Views: 20
    318 bytes · Views: 19
    1.6 KB · Views: 20
I agree with your first paragraph.

The second one does, however and imho, need some qualification.

Inherently there is nothing wrong with high PG - unless you have a reaction to it as some people have to VG. It is a matter of device and preference. Most of the Twisp devices can probably not operate without higher PG. Personally, I prefer my juices in the range of 40PG/60VG, but can happily vape higher PG and higher VG than that. For colds I vape 80PG with menthol added.

Nicotine by itself is in the class of caffeine at most (according to published research). Almost three years ago, with vaping devices not nearly as effective as today, I started off with 36 mg nicotine to kick the stinky habit. After a month went onto 24 mg and so on until I am now on 12 mg, using the same mod (Reo) I used on the 24 mg. The concentration of nicotine required to kick the deadly habit varies from person to person. Again, most of the Twisp devices are probably not effective enough to get people off the stinkies with lower nicotine. Also, many members on here and not on here still vape 18 mg, but it is a rock solid fact that all go down in nicotine - at their own sweet time.

your right in that it is wrong to make a blanket statement on 18mg being worse or PG for that matter. However even though devices are becoming much more efficient in nicotine delivery I have certainly reduced my nicotine consumption. I went from 18mg down to 3mg and whenever I made a transition there were certainly mild withdrawal symptoms. I feel I could soon even go onto 0mg and that for me is an achievement. A vendor which only offers 18mg juice and then 0mg juice has no intention of showing people that a downward migration is possible. If you use the Twisp which is equivalent to an EGO One and a 0.5 coil, how is 18mg juice appropriate, unless now you have to buy 2 bottles to make it 9mg and for a subohm vape that is still high. So there is some truth in what you are saying but it also isn't the full picture

I think the problem with absolute new vapers is brand recognition. I mean a newcomer will have heard of Twisp, but never EVOD (Kangertech or Joytech). So they would think Twisp is the real deal.

I remember telling my neighbour to just get an Evod set-up, and he said something like he'd prefer buying an "original" and not a cheap copy. That was his, and I reckon many other folks perception.

I reckon this would only change if the likes of Joytech, Aspire etc. actually advertise or market to the mainstream.

I had this exact experience with a friend of mine. She absolutely loved my kangertech subox mini, but told me she doesn't trust any other juice besides Twisp's, as she thought they weren't subjected to quality control or any kind of regulation. She knows better now, of course, but that was her initial perception.

Hahahaha Twisp users seeing you with your Vape for the first time (Never knew such devices existed):

Twisp-Pro: Holy crap what is that your walkie-Talkie?
Sub-Ohm-Me: It's my vape good sir!
Twisp-Pro: A Vape, What is a vape? Looks like a freaking Bong that you smoke your drugs in.
Sub-Ohm-Me: (Take a nice big pull) exhale...
Twisp-Pro: What the..... gees!!! So much Smoke.... WOW!!!
Sub-Ohm-Me: haha! Not smoke, Vapor.
Twisp-Pro: How do you do that, how does that thing work and is it even safe to be inhaling so much "vapor"?
Sub-Ohm-Me: Well you doing the same thing with your Twisp, this is just more powerful.

Start Show and Tell (Coil/Ohms/batteries/RBA/Mods/Tanks/Wicking...)
Twisp-Pro: MIND BLOWN!

Twisp-Pro: Noway this thing does not even compare, I didn't even know you get stuff like this. What does your setup cost?

Sub-Ohm-Me: You can get started from around R700 - R1200 (Skies the Limit)

The Penny Drops...

Twisp-Pro: But I paid about that for my Twisp, and it feels and tastes nothing like yours, but I like how small the Twisp is though (excuse/denial)

A week later...

Twisp-Pro: Hey bud I've been doing some research on this vaping thing and there is so much out there, I don't know where to start but really want to get into it, any advice?

Sub-Ohm-Me: Glad you mentioned it, I'm heading to my favorite Vape shop later today you should come the guys there are awesome...

The Start
(No End in sight)

This is almost the exact same scenario I was in 2 days ago. This afternoon the Twisp user is coming with me to my local shop. Hoping to convert him in the fullest.

Back