Twisp - Retailer Reviews

ElGuapoSupremo

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Edit: stupid post on my part. Attracted too much vitriol. Don't like it much, eventhough mine was vitriolic as well.

I may not agree with any of Twisp's tactics regarding their cease-and-desist tactics of Joytech's products, but they get more smokers off ciggies than anyone else.

The way they are threatening competitors is in my opinion, just plain wrong. And then they don't even sell those products that they stop other retailers from selling! Which is what ultimately got my blood boiling and then my post was made: I can't find the ***** product I'm looking for!

Last edited:
Ya sorry u guys have lost a lot of respect from this community

Crap over priced garbage! What you sell for R1000 to uninformed people, you can buy at China mall for R100 and that is a fact!

Even to try and catch up now with proper devices you will be 3 years behind the serious players.

@Twisp you absolutely sicken me. Not only do you use bully tactics to get a monopoly, you treat your employees like utter garbage. You have no business ethics, not with the trash you sell but with how you treat the poor people that work at you kiosks. You are disgrace to the vaping industry. You brainwash your clients like little Zombies that they can only use your liquids in you 'devices'. You have had so many recalls with your so called 'premium flavours'. You don't even know how to make eliquid properly. You have had coffee granules in your café latte. Thank god that I'm no longer using your defective devices. What I regret is all the money I wasted on you and your pathetic franchise. I make a clear point of telling everyone that I come across that is interested in your products that they are over priced shit. Because that's the truth. So do us all a favour and take your overpriced crap and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Better hurry before someone else does it for you.

I recall hearing that a twisp kiosk/store manager earn around 10k pm while kiosks do between 250k to 500k turnover a month. couple that with the quality of product and the bully tactics this company is disgusting. I have nothing against capitalism but you take exploitation to another level.

I actually liked one of the drip tips they have on the new range which was R40 bucks but I cant bring myself to buy from them on principal.

If anyone else has anymore recent information please share.

They earn a based salary and have to reach unrealistic targets to earn commission. Last year Christmas, most people didn't make one target

I couldn't find the other forum post on this awful company. But here is an article on a completely different product, but the big news is parallel imports are legal in South Africa. See below:-

According to the Consumer Affairs Committee, while grey imports are legal in South Africa, local shoppers need to be made aware of the risks of buying such products.

“If such information is withheld from consumers, they are misled, which means that the relevant business practice is unfair to consumers,” said the organisation on its website.

Legislation also requires that grey imports are clearly marked so that consumers have necessary protections in the event of a manufacturing failure.

“Our concern is that if something of this nature does happen, that the consumers sitting with unofficial stock will have no recourse. That is a Consumer Protection Act violation,” said Peel.
Source http://mybroadband.co.za/news/smart...ing-new-smartphone-brand-in-south-africa.html

I couldn't find the other forum post on this awful company. But here is an article on a completely different product, but the big news is parallel imports are legal in South Africa. See below:-

According to the Consumer Affairs Committee, while grey imports are legal in South Africa, local shoppers need to be made aware of the risks of buying such products.

“If such information is withheld from consumers, they are misled, which means that the relevant business practice is unfair to consumers,” said the organisation on its website.

Legislation also requires that grey imports are clearly marked so that consumers have necessary protections in the event of a manufacturing failure.

“Our concern is that if something of this nature does happen, that the consumers sitting with unofficial stock will have no recourse. That is a Consumer Protection Act violation,” said Peel.
Source http://mybroadband.co.za/news/smart...ing-new-smartphone-brand-in-south-africa.html

The fact that this is news, is kinda indicative of a big issue SA has. Your markets are way too sheltered. There's too much of a dependency on local agents.

If local agents screw you, it's your right to be able to import products without prejudice.

Car markets a really good example. You're totally at the mercy of local agents. If you want to import you get screwed hard by the government and then the local agents won't even sell you spares.

How is that even remotely reasonable? No that's stacked 100% in favour of local agents. It's sick.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is just sad! You guys are overpriced and your devices are just cheap chinese knockoffs (Except for the ego One), i have taken my dad off of your device, my manager at work, the sales guy at the the office and monday the last person with a twisp in the office will be getting a a Kanger Starter Kit.

Its a real disappointment what you guys did to ego and the vaping community will boycott you until you apologise and give ego back to us!

Your juices are really crap, most of them taste second grade and are super overpriced compared to 70% of all other retailers!

Hehe imagine a day job where all you do all day long is develop flavours and mix :D heaven!
InSTead of trashing this already trash company. Join it as a product designer and change everything they sell. Real vapes. Take an opportunity, to better their whole strategy. The only thing I like about them was the stupid member card, but then in the end there was nothing I wanted to buy from them at all.
Other vapeshops could use member cards too and give benefits that others don't. Maybe say prescription to your own brand of products at cost price#fromwhenyoustartmembershipthere #UD

InSTead of trashing this already trash company. Join it as a product designer and change everything they sell. Real vapes. Take an opportunity, to better their whole strategy. The only thing I like about them was the stupid member card, but then in the end there was nothing I wanted to buy from them at all.
Other vapeshops could use member cards too and give benefits that others don't. Maybe say prescription to your own brand of products at cost price#fromwhenyoustartmembershipthere #UD
Where did I trash this company? Please explain

This is just sad! You guys are overpriced and your devices are just cheap chinese knockoffs (Except for the ego One), i have taken my dad off of your device, my manager at work, the sales guy at the the office and monday the last person with a twisp in the office will be getting a a Kanger Starter Kit.

Your juices are really crap, most of them taste second grade and are super overpriced compared to 70% of all other retailers!
Twisp is one of the companies that would put hazardous chemicals in flavours to make it taste "better"
Twisp liquids are only made for 2ml 2,3ohm coils. That 0/18mg nicotine levels were the worst combo ever. Either a shit load or nothing...risk tisk tisk tisk

Guys, take this whichever way you like...but that is that LAST thing that you need to be looking into. You need to get your fundamentals straight. Your new devices (except the Aero which everybody knows is an eGo One) are in unmitigated failure. Add to that the inconsistency in your return policies and general workmanship and you're leaving a massive trail of disappointed customers. Hello Peter is constantly getting complaints about you.

Those people are starting to turn to the real Vape stockists and the pilgrimage will only increase exponentially. I am one of many who have seen the light and not only will I never look back but I will actively and intentionally recommend that people avoid you at all cost after my experiences. It's sad but true. Your slick advertising campaign won't save you from yourself. Do the vaping community a favor and shape up or call it a day. You're giving vapers a bad name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree one trillion percent with that. Twisp is the reason analog smokers don't stay electronic. Shit prices for the performance you get out of them. Better vape kits are cheaper than your products. And every other company making products like yours are without a doubt better.

Twisp yourself. Let's see your own staff members vaping this? Or what do they bring to work to vape? :rofl:

Say what you want about twisp but that is a slick advertisement!
Twisp is the darkside. One that won't be as funky when you walk away 1k shorter and get those size clouds for that insane price. Oh and also twisp you mishandled my friend working for you. I hate it when people call a 100watt mod a twisp when it's rigged with any tank that's not twisp. You give vaping a bad name. I wish you would just twissappear

Where did I trash this company? Please explain
Lol it was the most recent comment and I just clicked reply Okay. Look above what you posted. I tried to also have a little bit of a positive outlook. But it will take miracles to fix such aDowney company.

Have created this Twisp - Retailer Reviews thread and moved many of the general Twisp related posts from their subforum to here. Many of those posts were also off-topic.

Please remember to stay on topic and use appropriate language in your posts.

If you have any positive or negative comments to share about this retailer, this will henceforth be the correct place...

Last edited:
Hey @Silver thanks for creating thread, shall follow with interest. I am also not a fan of Twisp and agree with most above comments, having owned a couple in the past, but I do feel that Twisp have served some purpose by introducing people into vaping purely by their profile. I would be interested to find out how members started out with Twisp products, and how many of those members are still using them. Perhaps a poll at some point would be worth it?

Hey @Silver thanks for creating thread, shall follow with interest. I am also not a fan of Twisp and agree with most above comments, having owned a couple in the past, but I do feel that Twisp have served some purpose by introducing people into vaping purely by their profile. I would be interested to find out how members started out with Twisp products, and how many of those members are still using them. Perhaps a poll at some point would be worth it?

Thanks @Neal

From my side, I can confirm that Twisp got me off the stinkies (with the Clearo in Oct 13) so for that I will always be grateful.

I used my Twisp devices for a few months before discovering a whole range of other devices and juices. I don't use Twisp currently.

At the time I would say the Clearo was quite decent compared to what else was available. The convenience of popping into a kiosk nearby was great. I had the odd dud coil but generally the service and experience for me at the Bedfordview Centre Twisp kiosk was quite good.

On a separate note, I also do recognise the huge impact that Twisp has had on growing the vaping industry. Many folk would probably not have started vaping if they hadn't seen a Twisp kiosk in a mall and given it a try.

That said, things are changing rapidly, both on the device front and the competition front - so it will be interesting to see how things develop...

Thanks @Neal

From my side, I can confirm that Twisp got me off the stinkies (with the Clearo in Oct 13) so for that I will always be grateful.

I used my Twisp devices for a few months before discovering a whole range of other devices and juices. I don't use Twisp currently.

At the time I would say the Clearo was quite decent compared to what else was available. The convenience of popping into a kiosk nearby was great. I had the odd dud coil but generally the service and experience for me at the Bedfordview Centre Twisp kiosk was quite good.

On a separate note, I also do recognise the huge impact that Twisp has had on growing the vaping industry. Many folk would probably not have started vaping if they hadn't seen a Twisp kiosk in a mall and given it a try.

That said, things are changing rapidly, both on the device front and the competition front - so it will be interesting to see how things develop...
Hi @Neal and @Silver

I agree with you to some extent. However, with all the cases of @Twisp being the gateway to properly functioning and reasonably priced devices, there's also another side to the story. I have a number of friends who bought and tried Twisps (the one guy actually threw his Twisp Edge in the dustbin after two weeks - quite extreme, but provides some idea of what he thought of the experience) and who are now firmly convinced that vaping 'doesn't work' and does not provide an alternative to smoking (however much I've tried to convince them otherwise - many do not even want to try anything else now).

I started with a Twisp Edge and 20 ml Twisp toasted tobacco liquid (1k in total) and though I must admit that I found the experience quite positive at first, my 650 maH battery's life was pretty much halved after 3 weeks of use (determined through juice consumption), the atomizer was leaking profusely through the tiny airholes and I started getting worse and worse spitback (I went through a number of their overpriced coils, extra o-rings etc. to try and correct this). When I contacted Twisp for a refund they simply replied that due to the nature of the product being "for personal use" they do not do replacements. When I then (quite strongly and insistently) queried what on earth the 6 month warranty is supposed to be for, they eventually replied that I could take it to the salesperson at the kiosk that I bought it from for him to 'test'. If he found it to be faulty, I could have a replacement as long as I would pay a refurbishment fee of R 360 (!) - according to them this policy was consistent with the Consumer Protection Act.

As the salesperson could not even answer basic questions when I bought the device (he was also smoking a cigarette right outside the mall entrance when I walked out - not exactly the best brand ambassador), I inquired as to what skills, qualifications and equipment he possessed in order to test the battery and the medium term functioning of the atomizer within a few minutes at the kiosk. I also questioned the validity of the refurbishment fee if the product was defective when purchased. Additionally, and importantly, does this mean that some of the products they sell as new are simply refurbished rejects, as I have never seen refurbished Twisp products at a reduced price? These questions were of course simply ignored (no replies to a number of messages) and I decided to stop wasting my energy and to cut my losses at that stage. I almost decided to just go back completely to cigarettes (I was a dual user when I had the Twisp, as all those that I know personally who still use the Twisp are), but luckily I decided to give a decent Ego combo a try - IJust 1700 maH VV battery and Aspire K1 atomiser for R450 at Vape Club - basically half the price of an Edge and Aspire BVC coils available for less than half the price of the Twisp 'coils'.

My personal opinion is that we often give Twisp way too much credit for the 'success stories', as the people that we on the forum interact with are those that have often started on a Twisp and moved on with vaping from there. However, there are many more others that would definitely not be on vaping forums because of their negative associations with vaping largely because of Twisp. From my perspective, Twisp does vaping a lot more harm than good.

Twisp are in a large way responsible for many folks getting off cigarettes. So bravo.

But their customers are certainly paying for it.

Then again, so are people that wear Nike and Puma.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi @Neal and @Silver

I agree with you to some extent. However, with all the cases of @Twisp being the gateway to properly functioning and reasonably priced devices, there's also another side to the story. I have a number of friends who bought and tried Twisps (the one guy actually threw his Twisp Edge in the dustbin after two weeks - quite extreme, but provides some idea of what he thought of the experience) and who are now firmly convinced that vaping 'doesn't work' and does not provide an alternative to smoking (however much I've tried to convince them otherwise - many do not even want to try anything else now).

I started with a Twisp Edge and 20 ml Twisp toasted tobacco liquid (1k in total) and though I must admit that I found the experience quite positive at first, my 650 maH battery's life was pretty much halved after 3 weeks of use (determined through juice consumption), the atomizer was leaking profusely through the tiny airholes and I started getting worse and worse spitback (I went through a number of their overpriced coils, extra o-rings etc. to try and correct this). When I contacted Twisp for a refund they simply replied that due to the nature of the product being "for personal use" they do not do replacements. When I then (quite strongly and insistently) queried what on earth the 6 month warranty is supposed to be for, they eventually replied that I could take it to the salesperson at the kiosk that I bought it from for him to 'test'. If he found it to be faulty, I could have a replacement as long as I would pay a refurbishment fee of R 360 (!) - according to them this policy was consistent with the Consumer Protection Act.

As the salesperson could not even answer basic questions when I bought the device (he was also smoking a cigarette right outside the mall entrance when I walked out - not exactly the best brand ambassador), I inquired as to what skills, qualifications and equipment he possessed in order to test the battery and the medium term functioning of the atomizer within a few minutes at the kiosk. I also questioned the validity of the refurbishment fee if the product was defective when purchased. Additionally, and importantly, does this mean that some of the products they sell as new are simply refurbished rejects, as I have never seen refurbished Twisp products at a reduced price? These questions were of course simply ignored (no replies to a number of messages) and I decided to stop wasting my energy and to cut my losses at that stage. I almost decided to just go back completely to cigarettes (I was a dual user when I had the Twisp, as all those that I know personally who still use the Twisp are), but luckily I decided to give a decent Ego combo a try - IJust 1700 maH VV battery and Aspire K1 atomiser for R450 at Vape Club - basically half the price of an Edge and Aspire BVC coils available for less than half the price of the Twisp 'coils'.

My personal opinion is that we often give Twisp way too much credit for the 'success stories', as the people that we on the forum interact with are those that have often started on a Twisp and moved on with vaping from there. However, there are many more others that would definitely not be on vaping forums because of their negative associations with vaping largely because of Twisp. From my perspective, Twisp does vaping a lot more harm than good.
Valid perspective.

In my case the Twisp experience (tried many of their products over the years - none got me off the stinkies) eventually led me to search for something better. This led me to eCiggies and ECF (ecigssa not in existence then).

So, some people will be utterly disgusted and not look further, others will. Fortunately other vendors are opening stores and with more vapers around the message gets to some of those disgusted peeps.

Of course, their Aero range is really not bad. Especially if the buyers find out about the CLR (rebuildable) coil unit:).

Other side of the coin - many smokers find it difficult to envisage vaping larger devices. Thus, there is a market for pen style devices. Many of the vendors on this forum sell those. Some of those are as bad as the Twisp stuff, but are cheaper at least.

Yes @Andre, i discovered just this weekend that some people just prefer the pen-style.

I set up the iStick 40w with Odin, beautifully for MTL.

But HRH just prefers a super-tame MTL experience, hence now vaping on Evod with MPT3

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Twisp was my intro to vaping, but it also almost got me out of vaping as the product and service are totally sub standard. Don't try and get a faulty product sorted out, the kiosk will give you a phone number that takes messages that never get answered and facebook responses are just as bad as voicemail. I have pointed existing Twisp users and cigarette users to other vendors that have far superior products and better customer service, at a better price point. Although I would love to see a more "retail" competition for Twisp, I don't see that happening in the near future, and see the way forward, is to promote good products and vendors through forums like we have here.

Going to a Twisp Kiosk as an ignorant cigarettes smoker is like going to a VW Mini Cooper shop to buy a car, with the belief that there are only Mini Cooper shops out there, and being educated by a brainwashed salesman that a Mini is the best car to use and you can only use special Mini pertol for a Mini. Shop around people. Look on the internet before you spend good money on sub par devices. That's my only advice, without dissing Twisp too much, and as a Twisp Aero owner for 25 days.

Going to a Twisp Kiosk as an ignorant cigarettes smoker is like going to a VW Mini Cooper shop to buy a car, with the belief that there are only Mini Cooper shops out there, and being educated by a brainwashed salesman that a Mini is the best car to use and you can only use special Mini pertol for a Mini. Shop around people. Look on the internet before you spend good money on sub par devices. That's my only advice, without dissing Twisp too much, and as a Twisp Aero owner for 25 days.

I think the problem with absolute new vapers is brand recognition. I mean a newcomer will have heard of Twisp, but never EVOD (Kangertech or Joytech). So they would think Twisp is the real deal.

I remember telling my neighbour to just get an Evod set-up, and he said something like he'd prefer buying an "original" and not a cheap copy. That was his, and I reckon many other folks perception.

I reckon this would only change if the likes of Joytech, Aspire etc. actually advertise or market to the mainstream.

Back