Twisp Vega

Whilst at an expo today (where my company is exhibiting), I spotted a Twisp stand and got chatting to their sales team. We exchanged views on Twisp vs Vape and the perceptions 'real' vapors have towards Twisp, etc, etc.

We got onto the Vega discussion and their 'gamble' to bring this unit into the country. They had mixed views as the Vega is not a 'twisp thing' and that the local powers that be were eventually forced to take the Vega. They reluctantly took 4000 units for the South African market... The bosses were adamant that this un-Twisp device will never sell in SA as the local market is not ready for it...

So, they launched it with no great expectations and low and behold, they sold 3000 units in the first 3 weeks! Yes, 3000 units. They have now run out of stock and don't have any units for display at the expo as they are sold out and waiting for a new shipment to arrive...Chinese holidays and all...

I never new, but they have an entire range of VG juices and about to launch a new range of 3mg juices, VG based, in 30ml bottles, at the same price as their current PG 20ml bottles...

He explained that a large percentage of the juice sales is to traditional vapers and not twisp users and they are focusing their efforts to capitalize on this ever growing market.

Their advantage is that they are everywhere - Spar, Dischem, Pick 'n Pay, garage forecourt sites, malls, etc, etc - they are a MAJOR contender, growing by the day and here to stay. There is talk (based on the success of the Vega) of a new mod, juices, coils, accessories, etc, etc...

Watch this space...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know what? With all my previous criticism towards Twisp, I have to say, this is excellent news for the vaping community and for the prospect of converting smokers to jump ship. It is very exciting to see a South African Company excel like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's true they did get my attention and without thinking or doing my research.

I first bought the Edge-x ........ Personally to stop the stinkies the Edge was terrible, either the battery didn't last 3 hours on low usage or the replacement battery did not charge, got liquid in my mouth or either the coil burnt out.. (Followed all the rules ect ect). Even had a new coil in where the twisp lady also burnt it in front of me..

Needless to say about all the bashing. I then bought the Vega and asked for a refund on the Edge because of the issues I had with it.

Sofar I am happy with the Vega haven't had any issues with it whatsoever maybe the 18 mg Pure liquid that almost killed me on the 0.5ohm coil a little BP glycerin and wahlah. .

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

I have been on twisp for 3 years and had all the models. I have the vega now for 1.5 weeks. Not happy. I am on tje second coil already and using it only on 15W which is the lowest setting. Very heavy on liquids as well. The vape experience is good however although I have no experience on other makes to be able to make a informed decision

I have been on twisp for 3 years and had all the models. I have the vega now for 1.5 weeks. Not happy. I am on tje second coil already and using it only on 15W which is the lowest setting. Very heavy on liquids as well. The vape experience is good however although I have no experience on other makes to be able to make a informed decision
As far as the lady at the kiosk told me is to actually just blow out the coil especially in the mornings as the coil tends to over saturate and to clear out any residue.. sofar my 0.5ohm coil lasted me for 2 weeks now..

As far as the lady at the kiosk told me is to actually just blow out the coil especially in the mornings as the coil tends to over saturate and to clear out any residue.. sofar my 0.5ohm coil lasted me for 2 weeks now..

Thank you for the info! I will certainly try that. I have the 0.6 ohm coils.

@AndreM If your at the shop check the 2 out looks very different ontop tho and the different look to it caught my attention. Had a issue with the 0.6 ohm gurgling..

If you think the standard coils chows juice then you should see how bad 0.5 is on juice lol..

Also before using the brand new coil did you drip liquid about 5 to 8 drops in the middle of the coil(marked as yellow in the pic) and left it to saturate for a few minutes??

Last edited:
28b8a566410f42a2d6e4152dcec1f299.jpg

@AndreM If your at the shop check the 2 out looks very different ontop tho and the different look to it caught my attention. Had a issue with the 0.6 ohm gurgling..

If you think the standard coils chows juice then you should see how bad 0.5 is on juice lol..

Also before using the brand new coil did you drip liquid about 5 to 8 drops in the middle of the coil(marked as yellow in the pic) and left it to saturate for a few minutes??

O damn. They did not tell me to drip and leave a few minutes...will have to do that when i change coil again. Thank you for the help

O damn. They did not tell me to drip and leave a few minutes...will have to do that when i change coil again. Thank you for the help
Drip a few drops in then twist it back on and then into the Smart tank yee goes and then leave it for a few minutes just to take in all the juice proparly otherwise you will get all dry burn and even minimise coil lifespan.

And no they don't read it in the booklet did you read the booklet Andre?

Pleasure hope that helps

Drip a few drops in then twist it back on and then into the Smart tank yee goes and then leave it for a few minutes just to take in all the juice proparly otherwise you will get all dry burn and even minimise coil lifespan.

And no they don't read it in the booklet did you read the booklet Andre?

Pleasure hope that helps

Uhm uuggghh eeeiiii i dont read the booklets hehe

No matter the leaps and bounds made up by twisp the past few months they still have this problem. Too much staff too little real training. Too many giving their own opinion to customers rather than the correct responses.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Hey guys.... I tried to follow the tread as well as I could but could not quite get an answer to my question.

I'm nearing the end of my second (included in kit) coil. Is there any alternatives I could get for my vega before I just go and get the Twisp variants again? Please laymen's terms... Very new vaper still.

You can get the Joyetech Ego AIO coils from Vape King, they will be 0.5ohm and not 0.6 ohm meaning it will be lung inhale and not mouth to lung inhale coils.

A box of 5 Joyetech is R230 and box of 3 Twisp is R165.

Difference in coil price is R10

There are a lot of vendors on here that have the ego AIO coils. So look through the sites and you can order some local liquids as well ;)

Hi guys

Hope everyone is well

Was just wondering, since the Twisp Vega is a rebranding of Joyetechs Cuboid Mini, would it be possible to upgrade the firmware of it to the latest software offered by joyetech for the cuboid mini?

If so, any ideas how to go about this process?

Hi guys

Hope everyone is well

Was just wondering, since the Twisp Vega is a rebranding of Joyetechs Cuboid Mini, would it be possible to upgrade the firmware of it to the latest software offered by joyetech for the cuboid mini?

If so, any ideas how to go about this process?

I don't think that will be possible since twisp installed it's own OS/firmware to it. I don't think you should try it because if that's the case, you risk bricking the device.

PS: I may be wrong. Wait for someone who tried it.

Hey guys fairly new to the vaping scene ... took a few drags of the twisp vega at their kiosk 3 days ago and really interested in buying one ... who ever has the vega could you please tell me about any problems I should look out for ... would be much appreciated ... thanks
:--P

Hey guys fairly new to the vaping scene ... took a few drags of the twisp vega at their kiosk 3 days ago and really interested in buying one ... who ever has the vega could you please tell me about any problems I should look out for ... would be much appreciated ... thanks
:--P
I have a Vega and my honest opinion it is very entry level compared to some of the other things out there. Have a look around first before settling on the Vega.... There are a number of other options out there for less that will be better IMO.

Also ask yourself a couple questions first:
Do you mouth to lung, or direct to lung? Are you trying quite smoking, etc? These will guide you possibly into a direction and from there you can start to find the vape you want.

Back