Ultrasonic cleaner advice?

I strip my gear and dump it in, with a drop of dishwashing liquid. That's it. Btw, why do you guys want long cleaning cycles? Mine does only 3min at a time. I run mostly one cycle, maybe a second one. More clean then clean is not possible.....
For steeping

I picked mine up this afternoon.
Feels nice and solid!
Now, how do I use it......
How do you guys use yours?

View attachment 20675
View attachment 20676

The proper way to use for cleaning:

1. Mix distilled water (from pharmacy) with Isopropyl alcohol (from pharmacy) in a 70:30 ratio.
2. Fill your US bath to the level indicated.
3. Pop your filthy vape gear etc into the basket.
4. Switch on and set your timing.
5. Open up a beer & listen to the noise.

Thanks guys! Will run her bit later. Can't wait to have nice and clean equipment.
Just note, it doesn't make copper / brass shine. You are still going to need to get your polish out for that :(
Example my stingray X, the stainless section :eek: the copper inlay and inner tube :oops:.

bit of this:
G13005_NXTMetalPolish.jpg

Then :eek:

Just note, it doesn't make copper / brass shine. You are still going to need to get your polish out for that :(
Example my stingray X, the stainless section :eek: the copper inlay and inner tube :oops:.

bit of this:
G13005_NXTMetalPolish.jpg

Then :eek:
Luckily I don't have any copper or brass things. Thanks for the headsup!

1. Mix distilled water (from pharmacy) with Isopropyl alcohol (from pharmacy) in a 70:30 ratio.
Will give this a try too. :)

What kind of timing works nice for vape gear?

What kind of timing works nice for vape gear?
All depends on how dirty the gear is, if the machine has heating and the overall wattage of the device. Just run it for 30mins cuz YOLO.

Thanks. Do you perchance know what the alcoholic strength of the Isopropyl alcohol is?

Thanks. Do you perchance know what the alcoholic strength of the Isopropyl alcohol is?

No idea Andre, bottle doesn't say anything and I don't think you get Isopropyl Alcohol in different strengths. In the past when we ran out, we even used a little bit of vinegar to act as a surfactant.

No idea Andre, bottle doesn't say anything and I don't think you get Isopropyl Alcohol in different strengths. In the past when we ran out, we even used a little bit of vinegar to act as a surfactant.
From Google search seems 70 % vol is most common.

I won't know, we just order from Allied Drug Company Durban, tel: (031) 205-4271

@johan do you just use the alcohol straight or do you mix it with water? I'm not 100% happy with my cleaning and I normally use plain water... was going to experiment with some sunlight liquid added?

@johan do you just use the alcohol straight or do you mix it with water? I'm not 100% happy with my cleaning and I normally use plain water... was going to experiment with some sunlight liquid added?

We mix distilled water with Isopropyl alcohol in a 70:30 ratio (ie: 7 cups distilled water mixed with 3 cups Isopropyl alcohol).

Believe you can get a 1 liter bottle from clicks for R11-00

I ordered but I'd like to know who has tried to clean a watch before I mess mine up!

I ordered but I'd like to know who has tried to clean a watch before I mess mine up!
I've cleaned 3 hi end watches they've come out sparkling after 8 mins with the heat on. It says in my manual the watch needs to be Atleast 30m water resistant which is pretty much every watch these days

f you use distilled water / isoprpyl alcohol mix and your watch is waterproof, no problems. I clean all my wife's and my watches in the us cleaner.

Back