Ultrofite 18650 4200mAh batteries

I'm obsessive about keeping my gear clean, rinse my tanks out in vodka every day or two, clean my connectors with q-tips and IPA etc... I think what caused this was when a work mate borrowed my charger for her twisp once, she isnt as obsessive as I am. I may only have noticed it after I used it again.

Good man :clap:

Better safe than blow up ;)

So I was unable to get a VCT4 or a 25R.. I got an efest IMR 2500mAh 35A instead, my BEC Pro and Lemo will arrive tomorrow so I have to have something to play with in the meanwhile :) Should be good for a while right?

So I was unable to get a VCT4 or a 25R.. I got an efest IMR 2500mAh 35A instead, my BEC Pro and Lemo will arrive tomorrow so I have to have something to play with in the meanwhile :) Should be good for a while right?
The 2500 efest is a decent battery so you'll be good :)

@KieranD has just recieved stock of the LG 18650 batteries if you're looking for another good battery.

Well if the efest is good then I can wait for the Samsungs or Sonys. They've been recommended by a good few so I think I'll hold out. Thanks @Yiannaki

@John just remember to treat that efest 35A like its a 20A. apart from that they are awesome batteries.

@John just remember to treat that efest 35A like its a 20A. apart from that they are awesome batteries.

Very good advice...I bugs the crap out of me that they don't list the continuous discharge on the batteries as well :-@
I might have to get me a magic marker and start adding it manually ;)

Thanks for the heads up bro, I read that on the site. VapeClub was good enough to state that in the product description :) I just got the highest rated battery they had

Hey fellas, So my brand-spanking-new battery is inbound, one question - does it need to be charged fully before use?

Hey fellas, So my brand-spanking-new battery is inbound, one question - does it need to be charged fully before use?

Depends how much charge it has when you get it ;)
If if has some charge (which it should) you can use it immediately and charge it when the initial charge runs out. Modern batteries no longer need that initial first charge :D

hmmm, now I'm confused again..... age :rolleyes:

Maybe @johan can clarify?

I've read on many forums about the need for batteries to be charged initially being outdated - mostly related to Li-Ion (but should be the same for Li-Mn). I'm no expert, so if anyone can chime in and clarify, that would be great :D

And I'm too impatient to do an initial charge...also age I guess :p

I've read that too @free3dom, I treat other electronic devices as such, but just wondering if there were any specifics for the high-drain batteries used in mods. this dark art of vaping has so many specifics :nerd:

But then I suppose a full charge couldnt possibly hurt it, I also read that Lithium batteries go wonky when the charge level is too low. I've seen that happen with laptop batteries. Some laptops have chips in them that permanently deactivate the battery if the charge level gets too low :hit:

on the other hand, the suspense is killing me. all I can do now to look at this device with longing eyes :inlove:

I've read that too @free3dom, I treat other electronic devices as such, but just wondering if there were any specifics for the high-drain batteries used in mods. this dark art of vaping has so many specifics :nerd:

But then I suppose a full charge couldnt possibly hurt it, I also read that Lithium batteries go wonky when the charge level is too low. I've seen that happen with laptop batteries. Some laptops have chips in them that permanently deactivate the battery if the charge level gets too low :hit:

on the other hand, the suspense is killing me. all I can do now to look at this device with longing eyes :inlove:

I did not do any initial charges on any of my 18650 batteries and have not noticed any (damn than's many "any"s :D) adverse effects. Just used them until the initial charge ran out then recharged as normal. So far it's worked for me on all my batteries + devices ;)

Batteries can definitely "die permanently" when the level goes too low, but most (all?) regulated mods won't work once they reach a certain level...and on a mech you can feel the vape getting very weak before you reach that level and you will re-charge anyways :D

Back