Ultrofite 18650 4200mAh batteries

All of my kit is Chinese - that is not the problem - my problem is the UltroFite is a misspelled ripoff of UtraFire.. :eek:

Like Nokio cellphones, GUASS jeans or NLKE sneakers

Haha, you guys...

So on a more serious note... I'm hopefully getting my BEC Pro tomorrow and dont have a battery for it. Not really a train smash because my subtank will only arrive later in the week but i'd love to be able to fire up the subtank the SECOND it gets here haha. I've been looking around for 25Rs and they seem pretty hard to come by. Where are you guys getting them from?

Haha, you guys...

So on a more serious note... I'm hopefully getting my BEC Pro tomorrow and dont have a battery for it. Not really a train smash because my subtank will only arrive later in the week but i'd love to be able to fire up the subtank the SECOND it gets here haha. I've been looking around for 25Rs and they seem pretty hard to come by. Where are you guys getting them from?

SkyBlue will be bringing them in soon (prob around 2 weeks time).

Not sure who has any in stock right now, haven't seen any.

FYI Vape King currently has Sony VTC4s :D

Sweet thanks @free3dom, forgive my ignorance but whats the difference between the 25Rs and the VCT4s?

Sweet thanks @free3dom, forgive my ignorance but whats the difference between the 25Rs and the VCT4s?

The VTC4s are 2100mAh but with 30mAh continuous current draw (i.e. you can build lower resistance coils and fire them at higher wattage).
The 25Rs are 2500mAh with 25mAh current draw.

Basically the 25Rs will last longer but does not allow you to go too low resistance/high wattage - but we are talking very low anyways, so the 25Rs are better for most people. I just mentioned the VTC4s because they are available now, and they are fantastic batteries :D

Ok, I'm sold on on the 25Rs - looks like the Sonys are a good option in the interim.

about the chargers - I have two 18650 chargers, one that charges two batteries side-by-side and another that charges one at a time. they're the chargers that came with my flashlight (the dual-charger came with the flashlight, a Smiling Shark T6 SSE3) and the single charger I bought separately with the spare batteries. Would these suffice for charging the 25Rs or VCT4s, or should I invest in something better?

Ok, I'm sold on on the 25Rs - looks like the Sonys are a good option in the interim.

about the chargers - I have two 18650 chargers, one that charges two batteries side-by-side and another that charges one at a time. they're the chargers that came with my flashlight (the dual-charger came with the flashlight, a Smiling Shark T6 SSE3) and the single charger I bought separately with the spare batteries. Would these suffice for charging the 25Rs or VCT4s, or should I invest in something better?

They should be fine...but the lower end ones can take a very long time to charge proper batteries. I have an el-chaepo that takes 9+ hours (yes, and I'm not exaggerating) to charge a 3100mAh 18650 (it can do two at once, but the time remains the same). The better ones do it in a fraction of this time.

Ok cool, I don't really mind if they take longer to charge as I have a couple of backup devices my main concern is damage to the batteries

Ok cool, I don't really mind if they take longer to charge as I have a couple of backup devices my main concern is damage to the batteries
It really depends on the charger, some of the low end ones can overcharge the battery, causing damage over time - they don't measure the voltage correctly due to cheap components, or they might not detect a short and keep on trying to charge a faulty battery, causing the battery to vent and melt your charger, possibly set fire to the house

PICT0899Large.jpg

At the end of the day when it comes to vaping, stick with brands that you know (Efest, Sony, Samsung,...) and get them from suppliers that you know wont sell copied stuff.

It really depends on the charger, some of the low end ones can overcharge the battery, causing damage over time - they don't measure the voltage correctly due to cheap components, or they might not detect a short and keep on trying to charge a faulty battery, causing the battery to vent and melt your charger, possibly set fire to the house

PICT0899Large.jpg

And now I'll sitck to charging on my Efest chargers exclusively :eek: Actually, I retired that slow piece of crap a while ago already, but now I think I'll beat it with a hammer, just in case ;)

Well if that didnt scare the bejeezus outta me :eek:
Heh, well that one was part user, part charger fault - the charger had an option to speed charge for 3 minutes, then it doesn't check anything, just pumps 1 amp into the batteries for 3 minutes. The guy used it many times until the one day his battery had a short...

one would think that a fast-charger like that one would have some sort of short-circuit protection at least

one would think that a fast-charger like that one would have some sort of short-circuit protection at least

I've always steered clear of "fast charging"...if it was a good idea, all chargers would use it by default ;)

I had a fast-charger a few years back which charged AA and AAA batteries, it had a huge fan built in to keep the batteries cool and such. one day I hooked it up to juice up my camera batteries and the fan ran a bearing and failed within like 3 minutes of use after the third or fourth use. I never used it again and I never got another fast-charger after that one. perhaps it was for the better. I'm now put off fast chargers forever.

This is my biggest concern...any charger can fail. It's an unfortunate side effect of all electronic devices.
So whenever I have batteries on charge and I have to leave the area, I feel very nervous while I'm gone. Mostly now I just unplug them if I'm going to be away for longer than 5 minutes...better safe than hole in the floor ;)

Have you ever had a battery or charger explode or burn on you @free3dom? Im starting to wonder how often these types of failures occur.

Have you ever had a battery or charger explode or burn on you @free3dom? Im starting to wonder how often these types of failures occur.

Thankfully no :O but I've had one battery heat up way too much once, luckily I was around and caught it in time...that scared me into over-carefulness ;) I also stick with "trusted" brands exclusively...they can fail too of course, but it is at least less likely :D

Someone on here also did a post a few months back where juice leaked onto the 510 of their spinner and they charged it without checking and it melted the charger...they caught it too, but that was my first "wake-up call" ;) Now I always check the 510 on those devices before charging :nerd:

Someone on here also did a post a few months back where juice leaked onto the 510 of their spinner and they charged it without checking and it melted the charger...they caught it too, but that was my first "wake-up call" ;) Now I always check the 510 on those devices before charging :nerd:

Ah, so that explains this...

Attachments

• ego.jpg
    ego.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 14
Ah, so that explains this...

Sure looks like it :O
Clearomizers can leak a small amount of juice easily through the coil bottom, right onto the 510 pin. This causes a short of sorts, which causes heat to be generated...and the plastic goes soft :D Probably won't explode, but it can catch fire.

Best to just clean out the 510 before charging...to be safe ;)

I'm obsessive about keeping my gear clean, rinse my tanks out in vodka every day or two, clean my connectors with q-tips and IPA etc... I think what caused this was when a work mate borrowed my charger for her twisp once, she isnt as obsessive as I am. I may only have noticed it after I used it again.

Back