Unique opportunity to help design a new RTA

PartyDave

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Good morning everyone, hope you're having an awesome week.
I have a very unique opportunity to be involved in the conception of a new RTA and while I have some ideas of what I'm looking for, I thought it would be a great opportunity to ask you all what you'd like to see in an RTA.

I understand that most aspects have been covered, but perhaps there's an idea floating about that could revolutionize the industry.

I'd be keen to hear your comments.

Hi @PartyDave this sounds very interesting and fun what style rta are they going for single, dual, mtl, rdl, dl or one that could do all of them :rolleyes:

My specifications would include top airflow (Leak and splatter proof.) Dual purpose deck for mesh and coils.

Sorry guys, I should have added more detail, but then got distracted.

Current design is a 24mm top airflow MTL device with a 22mm deck. The chamber will be a squared affair as I have found this to be the best for flavour vs dome chamber.

I'm stuck on getting the airflow adjustment perfect, the COG had a great idea, but poorly executed.

Thanks so far for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated

Sorry guys, I should have added more detail, but then got distracted.

Current design is a 24mm top airflow MTL device with a 22mm deck. The chamber will be a squared affair as I have found this to be the best for flavour vs dome chamber.

I'm stuck on getting the airflow adjustment perfect, the COG had a great idea, but poorly executed.

Thanks so far for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated
Problem with the Cog is too much air leakage so little difference between different adjustments, if you could come up with a gear system where only air went through the selected air outlet underneath the coil with no leakage it would work but would be quite something to achieve!

hi, have you thought for a name yet for your RTA ?

Single coil with side airflow and liquid control. If you close the airflow control you can pull the tank off and put a dripper cap on it to use as a dripper.
Or you make something else that you want to see in an rta :) :p

If you do an RTA where airflow input can be adjusted from DL, RDL right through to MTL you could then have drop in decks of different styles which also could have completely different airflow outlets to suit the different styles so for DL it could be a dual deck with half pike honeycomb airflow for example but to the other extreme you could have a single MTL deck that uses airflow inserts, with this idea a chamber reducer will also be needed!

If you do an RTA where airflow input can be adjusted from DL, RDL right through to MTL you could then have drop in decks of different styles which also could have completely different airflow outlets to suit the different styles so for DL it could be a dual deck with half pike honeycomb airflow for example but to the other extreme you could have a single MTL deck that uses airflow inserts, with this idea a chamber reducer will also be needed!
It would be the first squared airflow reducer and firsts are virtually non existent in vaping these days, this is where someone is going to produce a photo to burst my bubble!

"The VicTor" does indeed sound like a great name for an RTA!

Thanks for all the input so far guys.

So, what we have so far:

-Top airflow MTL device (I would like a dedicated MTL device instead of an all in one device)
-Some magic happening in the chimney, perhaps if we want to get wild, a swappable chimney between square and round?
-Airflow that actually works. Getting the COG system to work is a no go, by design, there will always be more air leaks than I care for. Best solution is likely like found in the revolver, otherwise swappable pins under the coil
-It will have a Kayfun type deck as I find coil placement on these the easiest and so will, hopefully, others
-Juice flow control? Maybe?
-Slide to fill cap

That's it for now

I take it this is being designed and produced in Namibia ?

Produced in China yes, but we're aiming for a high-tier atty at mid-tier price. One of my pet peeves is a poorly machined device, so hopefully, we can get that aspect nailed down

Produced in China yes, but we're aiming for a high-tier atty at mid-tier price. One of my pet peeves is a poorly machined device, so hopefully, we can get that aspect nailed down
You mean the price high end quality should be!

Top airflow control to be configured with a honeycomb and a cyclops feeder for MTL/DL options.
Single deck with wide open airflow to accommodate DL and a set of inserts to restrict airflow for MTL options. Inserts to slide in and allow access while a coil is in place.
Or, even better, two decks in the same packaging, one MTL single coil, one DL dual. I don't think anyone has done this before?

Top airflow control to be configured with a honeycomb and a cyclops feeder for MTL/DL options.
Single deck with wide open airflow to accommodate DL and a set of inserts to restrict airflow for MTL options. Inserts to slide in and allow access while a coil is in place.
Or, even better, two decks in the same packaging, one MTL single coil, one DL dual. I don't think anyone has done this before?

2 decks is worth investigating. Steamcrave has done multiple decks, but that's pue DL

Pretty much what i suggested but didn't impress!

Back