Update to the SAPO strike (Important Warning)

Can i also join the 2 month club?

Pay up :D

I am staring at the aqua v2 (clone) and the lemo... Thinking to myself I can get myself a present which may surprise me by being here before next xmas!

In all seriousness, I really am a bit worried about companies being unwilling to ship to SA soon. We have enough economy issues as is!
And the waiting is bad for my wallet! The more I wait the more I add to their backlog, thinking if I add more pressure it may unclog the pipe :p

Lol @Mike43110 , im in the same boat. Each time another month comes and goes i just keep giving sapo more work. Also been hoping for a xmas gift but alas, seems we will be part of the 3 month club soon.

Got an ems package today. Arrived in the country in sep. Tracking still says its at Jims. Gave up on ems. Only doing international orders through aramex global shopper for now even though it works out a little bit more expensive

Got an ems package today. Arrived in the country in sep. Tracking still says its at Jims. Gave up on ems. Only doing international orders through aramex global shopper for now even though it works out a little bit more expensive
Aramex global shopper sounds super interesting, how are the shipping rates and customs duties, can u make packages 'friendly'

Aramex global shopper sounds super interesting, how are the shipping rates and customs duties, can u make packages 'friendly'
Works similar to other forwarding company's. You get a local address in your source country. No friendly customs. I only used them previously for stuff that I could not get sent to sa. Depending on weight they could be a lot cheaper than dhl or FedEx. One thing they don't do is consolidate shipments like myus

Hi @Mike43110 and @Humbolt
Sorry about your missing packages

When you guys get a chance, please upload a cool avatar pic
Makes it easier to recognise you and your posts
Just use a normal browser, click your name in the top right, then "avatar"
Use a fairly small size pic. 300 by 300 is good

Happy holidays

Hi @Mike43110 and @Humbolt
Sorry about your missing packages

When you guys get a chance, please upload a cool avatar pic
Makes it easier to recognise you and your posts
Just use a normal browser, click your name in the top right, then "avatar"
Use a fairly small size pic. 300 by 300 is good

Happy holidays

Happy holidays to you and all as well!

Added an avatar that made my frustration clear :D
Slowtech and SAPO can fight about who will make my xmas present of a new aqua v2 get here the latest :p

Happy holidays to you and all as well!

Added an avatar that made my frustration clear :D
Slowtech and SAPO can fight about who will make my xmas present of a new aqua v2 get here the latest :p

Thanks @Mike43110 - lol
Now when we see your posts it will remind us of the post office.

My rant to the PO, i see it's 9 years ago now. o_O Mike's avatar pic reminded me.

Sent: 20 May 2005 03:19 PM
To: 'customer.service@postoffice.co.za'; 'complaints@sapo.co.za';
'ceosec@sapo.co.za'
Subject: "WE DELIVER [bad service] WHATEVER IT TAKES"

Sir/Madam

(Or, to whom it may concern -- probably no-one.)

I am sure you are aware that the public experiences disgraceful, shocking, disgusting service from this SAPO.

I have been having many parcels sent to me from the USA over the past 10 to 12 months, either by the ordinary USPS air parcel service or the USPS Global Express service. What happens once the parcels get to the DURMAIL international PO in Durban is inconsistent.

GENERALLY, when the address includes 'Glenwood', the parcel would go to Mayville PO - but not always. GENERALLY, when the address did NOT include 'Glenwood', the parcel would remain at DURMAIL and I would be sent a notice to collect it there. BUT this is INCONSISTENT and recently the parcels have all gone to Mayville PO although they are not addressed to Glenwood.

The notification is inconsistent.
It can be a card; it can be a paper slip torn from a photocopied A4 sheet, or it can be a photocopied notification in an envelope.
WHY is it inconsistent, even though it is always DURMAIL and MAYVILLE that are involved?

This time I received a notification in a partially addressed envelope with some idiot scrawling on the envelope, with the address lines mixed up (the street line placed above the building line) and the message "PLeASE CoLLect At MayviLLe Post office" scrawled on the envelope, in writing that would not be acceptable in Grade 3.

Is it too much to expect that the correct form would be used consistently and that it would include a specific place to indicate where the parcel should be collected? (I think not.) On 2 occasions I went to the one PO and was then sent to the other -- because some INCOMPETENTS do not know what they are doing, or they do whatever they feel like on that day, or they are untrained (in which case they should not be doing the job) or they can not remember what they were taught, or they simply DO NOT CARE because there is no discipline and they can not be fired (and in the USA or UK, they WOULD be fired.)

Furthermore, the VAT was calculated incorrectly. The US Dollar value is marked on the label as $131.96, but the VAT was calculated on $139.96. Furthermore, the resultant rand value was rounded UP to the nearest rand -- which is quite unnecessary because any cheap calculator is capable of calculating a percentage of a money amount with 2 decimal places.
Please inform me with regards to how to correct this overcharging.

The SAPO motto "WE DELIVER WHATEVER IT TAKES" is like a sick joke.
This is a quote from a sales order person at an American company:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
We can use EMS air mail. When you order the boots make sure to select EMS air mail. Problem with South Africa is the Postal service tends to take a long time and sometimes boxes come up missing. I guess the percentage is around 3% for lost packages which is small but other countries is like 00.5 .
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3% for South Africa versus 0.5% for other countries. !

That is disgusting and shameful. The SAPO should be ASHAMED.
"Missing" ? More like STOLEN. Remember the expose on Carte Blanche, when they eventually installed hidden video cameras at the Kaserne PO centre?

In disgust and frustration,
B. J. P#####

:whip:

Well SAPO Xmas came and went, but no e-pipe for me. My birthday is at the end of March, it will be great to have it by then.

Fasttech left for SA 54 days ago, still no notification since then. Other packages also in the 50+ days time frame now, gotta love it!

Juice should be jelly by the time it arrives here

Looking for some advice here please.
Ordered stuff from Fasttech on 22 October. Last update on Singpost is
29-10-2014 Despatched to overseas (Country code: ZA)
It's been sitting there since like forever.
This morning I'm scratching around , and pasted my tracking no in at http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/
Their status is:
12/17/2014 12:25 PM Held by customs CAPETOWN C

Can I do anything about this?

Call the post office. That isn't accurate.
Mine said held as well when I used that. Reality was that it was through customs, just waiting in a container.
Of course, the container finally moved yesterday - to East London not PE...
The problem is sorted and packages will finally move again

Looking for some advice here please.
Ordered stuff from Fasttech on 22 October. Last update on Singpost is
29-10-2014 Despatched to overseas (Country code: ZA)
It's been sitting there since like forever.
This morning I'm scratching around , and pasted my tracking no in at http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/
Their status is:
12/17/2014 12:25 PM Held by customs CAPETOWN C

Can I do anything about this?
I picked up a package last week as it also said held by customs. Call this number 021 590 5715 they will assist you and don't take forever to answer the phone. They will issue you with a local tracking number and also a shelf number. You will have to take your invoice with you but they will tell you that too. The package is basically pending your collection as they need your invoice in order to charge you VAT and customs fee correctly.

I picked up a package last week as it also said held by customs. Call this number 021 590 5715 they will assist you and don't take forever to answer the phone. They will issue you with a local tracking number and also a shelf number. You will have to take your invoice with you but they will tell you that too. The package is basically pending your collection as they need your invoice in order to charge you VAT and customs fee correctly.
Thanks Dubz. Just drove there and picked up my stuff. Yeah!!. Vapemail post coming!

I haven't fully read this whole thread, but from the posts on this current page,
I'd like to put it out there that I deal with international imports and exports on a weekly basis. :confused:

**I can't help with actual handling of any personal imports (adding your stuff to an order of mine etc.) :(
I got thrown in the deep-end of distribution when I started this job, but now handle gear coming in and out to/from many countries
...USA, Netherlands, Ireland, UK

In Short: I'm free and happy to answer any questions, issues or share a thought and tip or 2 with regards to import, export and customs(Urgh!)

P.S. If you start an account with a courier company (UPS, Bex etc.) -> and there are cheap options or even freelance/sole-clearing agents.
this person/company then becomes your go to for imports or even exporting. Reffered to as a clearing agent.
Their job is to compile all the relevant import documents, calculate fee's, add surcharge etc and pay all fee's to customs on your behalf,
they will then send you 1 invoice with all documents mentioned above and deliver to wherever you ask.
**Anyone know customs 'SAD500' forms and what a nightmare it is to get anything out of SA without this DAMNED form!?
Also; if you develop a good relationship with a clearing agent, they know the in's and out's and can push or help a iffy import to go through.

If any of this has already been mentioned, I'm terribly sorry and you can shun me! :oops:
If not: Feel free to ask :D

Much Love & Peace :h:

I haven't fully read this whole thread, but from the posts on this current page,
I'd like to put it out there that I deal with international imports and exports on a weekly basis. :confused:

**I can't help with actual handling of any personal imports (adding your stuff to an order of mine etc.) :(
I got thrown in the deep-end of distribution when I started this job, but now handle gear coming in and out to/from many countries
...USA, Netherlands, Ireland, UK

In Short: I'm free and happy to answer any questions, issues or share a thought and tip or 2 with regards to import, export and customs(Urgh!)

P.S. If you start an account with a courier company (UPS, Bex etc.) -> and there are cheap options or even freelance/sole-clearing agents.
this person/company then becomes your go to for imports or even exporting. Reffered to as a clearing agent.
Their job is to compile all the relevant import documents, calculate fee's, add surcharge etc and pay all fee's to customs on your behalf,
they will then send you 1 invoice with all documents mentioned above and deliver to wherever you ask.
**Anyone know customs 'SAD500' forms and what a nightmare it is to get anything out of SA without this DAMNED form!?
Also; if you develop a good relationship with a clearing agent, they know the in's and out's and can push or help a iffy import to go through.

If any of this has already been mentioned, I'm terribly sorry and you can shun me! :oops:
If not: Feel free to ask :D

Much Love & Peace :h:

Hi @TheLongTwitch

I just want to know why my parcel left DBN for JHB and now it is just sitting there for more than two months now, i am scared they send it back to the other country. If they need anything from me, they can just ask.

Or is it just back-log that is taking so long?

Hi @TheLongTwitch

I just want to know why my parcel left DBN for JHB and now it is just sitting there for more than two months now, i am scared they send it back to the other country. If they need anything from me, they can just ask.

Or is it just back-log that is taking so long?
Funny-Canoeing-28.jpg

It's on it's way just having some technical difficulties

I highly doubt backlog...the courier and clearing agents work throughout December because Christmastime there's ALWAYS massive import/export.

Who is the company responsible? SAPO? :sweating:
If it left DBN, then it's cleared SA customs which is the big issue to be scared of. (Nothing changes location without a SAD500 being produced for it)

If this is the case; What this probably means is that it's buggered up paperwork and they are missing personal details for you and nobody has noticed (...or cared) that they have to get a small detail from you when they have bigger fish etc.
P.S. they wont ask you. Not even the biggest courier in this country has time to beg you for something.(Not going to slander though)

So get the tracking number/sales number or whatever documents you have and call the "customer support" area/department and question - SAPO
Otherwise it is possible for a clearing agent who's clued up to track it down, receive it and complete the process getting it to you.
(I happen to know a sweet old British lady who is a clearing agent, that could supply all the relevant info and details for you to fix this quick)

Much Love and Peace! :h:

Back