Update to the SAPO strike (Important Warning)

SAA halts SA Post Office's global service
http://www.fin24.com/Tech/Companies/SAA-halts-SA-Post-Offices-global-service-20150401

Not sure if April's Fools, but it sounds about right...

Sorry folks. bad news: It wasnt an April Fools joke... SAPO really had their account suspended with SAA.

Bottomline: SAA will no longer carry ANY items in or out of the country marked to AND from SAPO.
DO NOT USE SAPO FOR ANY INTERNATIONAL ORDERS AS THEY PROBABLY WILL NOT EVER ARRIVE.

Sorry folks. bad news: It wasnt an April Fools joke... SAPO really had their account suspended with SAA.

Bottomline: SAA will no longer carry ANY items in or out of the country marked to AND from SAPO.
DO NOT USE SAPO FOR ANY INTERNATIONAL ORDERS AS THEY PROBABLY WILL NOT EVER ARRIVE.
Errrr. I think thats only nationally and international out going. If you order from overseas they will deliver it to SAPO customs port so either JHB or DBN from there the SAPO use SAA. So not a massive train smash just a bit of a longer wait as they will have to Rail or Road Freight it the major city closest to the PO its adressed to.

Errrr. I think thats only nationally and international out going. If you order from overseas they will deliver it to SAPO customs port so either JHB or DBN from there the SAPO use SAA. So not a massive train smash just a bit of a longer wait as they will have to Rail or Road Freight it the major city closest to the PO its adressed to.

Better safe than sorry, as I understand it most of our incoming airmail from overseas is carried by SAA if it's carried by plane.
To quote the article in question:
Both parties confirmed that SAA ceased carrying mail to and from overseas postal services because of Sapo’s failure to pay for the service.

Better safe than sorry, as I understand it most of our incoming airmail from overseas is carried by SAA if it's carried by plane.
To quote the article in question:
Both parties confirmed that SAA ceased carrying mail to and from overseas postal services because of Sapo’s failure to pay for the service.
Thats not how I've experienced the workings of SAPO but anyway SAA has been paid and we revert to status quo.

Back