Update to the SAPO strike (Important Warning)

SA Gov should sell it off to Private Sector, Put some proper C Level Management Structures in place and middle management and run it like any Private Business and pull it up from the ashes. Could Probably retrench 30% of the employees too for being useless and not needed. That should cause a good ruckus and open some fuggen eyes to the situation. Work or fug off. This is costing South Africa Billions as it is now. Another Bail out Anyone?

My 2c anyway.

SA Gov should sell it off to Private Sector, Put some proper C Level Management Structures in place and middle management and run it like any Private Business and pull it up from the ashes. Could Probably retrench 30% of the employees too for being useless and not needed. That should cause a good ruckus and open some fuggen eyes to the situation. Work or fug off. This is costing South Africa Billions as it is now. Another Bail out Anyone?

My 2c anyway.

Agree and the same for SAA (the international average is 9 admin staff per plane, SAA have 80 admin staff per plane :rolleyes:).

and while we're at it, who would like to contribute to the SAPO strike fund?

screenshot-www.facebook.com 2015-03-05 15-02-58.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/werner.leonard.7/posts/10153235425474416

Werner Leonard added 3 new photos.
March 10 at 3:42pm · Edited ·

I've just been to the JHB Mail HUB to go look for my parcel I have been waiting for, for 2 months since it arrived in SA.
There was no staff on duty, ok maybe two that wasn't really willing to help and nobody stopped me from walking into the Hub to go look for my parcel myself......this is what I saw when I walked in!!!!!! No wonder no one gets anything! Some people have been waiting since 8AM till 15:00 when I arrived without service. The staff is swearing one another and giving the clients grief telling them they are not going to go look for their parcel! It is absolute mayhem !!!!! I think I might wait another 6 months before getting my parcel... IF YOU ARE THINKING OF USING SA MAIL, STOP AND THINK AGAIN!!!!

11041777_10153235418499416_6804898171070636810_n.jpg

1606866_10153235418869416_4831976210975318631_n.jpg

11051911_10153235419254416_6305697066967043591_n.jpg

wish i could see whats in all of those boxes......... should be some awesome stuff. the klepto in me is dying right now.

I think I see my Kayfun in one of those boxes. :-D

In all seriousness, this is an absolute disgrace. I knew it was bad, but this just takes it to a whole new level :O

I can tell you there's a very nice Kayfun 3.1 clone somewhere in between all that mess... So at least we know there's 1 vapemail bag there ;)

Lol im sure there are plenty more vape mail in there, group buys and some zampleboxes etc.... vapers dream

it's an absolute disgrace!!! The people "working" there needs to be put in prison for terrorism, locking down the national post service like they do should be regarded as an act of terrorism, same as stealing power lines... these people are actively degrading SA and should be punished accordingly!!

Cant believe this is how things have turned out!!

Hopefully there is some light at the end of the striking tunnel... it needs to stop!

Did I miss something? Last I read they had postponed striking till the end of April.

The Labour Court in Johannesburg this morning granted the SA Post Office an interim order to put off the CWU planned industrial action. The interim order declares the certificate on non-resolution which the CCMA granted to CWU invalid. Both parties will return to court on 24 April 2015.

Until then, any industrial action by employees of the SA Post Office relating to this matter will be an illegal and unprotected strike. The outcome of this court ruling is that the SA Post Office is in full operations and customers can continue to receive all service unobstructed.

luckily I could cancel my last FT shipment .....

it seems you guys have been thru the same things ive been thru. its now 30 days since my two packages got marked as
HELD by jimC
the last friday the one got updated to in transit?
but nobody seems to know where any of the two packages are?

after countless times phoning every sapo related number i could find (from the office phone haha) i found some lady that gave me local tracking numbers

RI279165049ZA
RI277962460ZA

wich i assume is a good thing??

my question is why if the 2 arrived at the same time did only one seem to get thru customs (30 days later) and the other not
and
when will i receive my vapes!? cry! :(

it seems you guys have been thru the same things ive been thru. its now 30 days since my two packages got marked as
HELD by jimC
the last friday the one got updated to in transit?
but nobody seems to know where any of the two packages are?

after countless times phoning every sapo related number i could find (from the office phone haha) i found some lady that gave me local tracking numbers

RI279165049ZA
RI277962460ZA

wich i assume is a good thing??

my question is why if the 2 arrived at the same time did only one seem to get thru customs (30 days later) and the other not
and
when will i receive my vapes!? cry! :(
My batteries that came from FT went DBN - CPT- Welkom within a week
But the stuff going through JHB just sit there for over a month now

I'm 4 months and waiting now... I just don't understand how things ordered recently are being shipped through, but the "backlog" just remains.... I've honestly given up hope on all my parcels ever arriving. I've made the relevant claims already, and have stuff coming over with friends when they return home in a few weeks. It seems the only reliable way for you to get stuff is either through freight or through a friend.

I'm 4 months and waiting now... I just don't understand how things ordered recently are being shipped through, but the "backlog" just remains.... I've honestly given up hope on all my parcels ever arriving. I've made the relevant claims already, and have stuff coming over with friends when they return home in a few weeks. It seems the only reliable way for you to get stuff is either through freight or through a friend.

I only received my Nicokticket order that left the US 28th August about 3 weeks ago man. i feel your pain!

I just don't understand how things ordered recently are being shipped through, but the "backlog" just remains

That's exactly SAPO's plan. After the strike ended last year they gave priority to incoming mail and tried to bring on extra workers and overtime workers to clear the backlog (so the incoming mail doesn't get added to the backlog). It worked for a while until the workers got sick of working overtime to clear the backlog and basically refused. Thus, the backlog remains as a hangover from last year's strike.

I'm hoping my package gets here relatively quickly and painlessly since it only left for JIMC a few days ago.

5fdb6771f75e527ebc4fb26db301054c.jpg

Was at jimc at the airport for 2 hours today, counters are empty, they go to look for a parcel apparently and never return! I just saw them for about a minute behind the counter!! One guy said that this was his 3rd day there

Also saw the branch manager of my local PO today - Apparently my package hasn't made landfall yet, despite shipping out on the 17th. How will I know when it gets here so I can get the local tracking number?

Luckily mine had a few more staff than @Snape of Vape

Back