Update to the SAPO strike (Important Warning)

I'm still waiting for my package that was sent from France in November last year! I managed to get hold of a lady by the name of Heleen Huyser who seems to know what is going on. Her email is heleen.huyser@postoffice.co.za and has been very very helpful in helping me determine what is going on with my package.

In my instance the package has been marked as "ordinary post" and has not been assigned a tracking number, so they have absolutely no idea where my parcel is :( I'm hoping that it'll turn up eventually but I've given up hope seeing it anytime within the next 2 to 3 months, as the backlog at Witpos is "immense" according to Heleen.

yup , just got my December Zample Box , still waiting on September , October , November , January ...

My HHV was ruined by taking 10 weeks. So far i know. Unless they made a really bad batch. Gaia that people are saying they like - what a disappointment, it tastes like the smell of shoe polish. The Sludge is also not normal, not nice and clogs wicks like it didn't before. And i bought 200 ml.:( Very disappointing. And that is NET juice that normally needs to steep at least 4-5 weeks after being mixed.

Yeah it is vape gear, i actually don't trust ordering juice from China

Dekang and Hanseng have high-tech process control and so on, and employees wearing hygiene gear, better than juice makers that don't have such facilities. And Dekang grows their own tobacco and makes their own Tobacco Absolute, so they have control, more able to maintain consistency.
Other Chinese juice makers, who knows.

Last edited:
So does that mean the things that were shipped to SAPO after the strike would be affected as well??

My goods shipped mid December onwards are coming through slowly, but still taking 45 - 60 days.

My 2 orders that were shipped about 3.5 weeks ago got to me after 21-22 days. Back to normal. Durban, DURMAiL; i can't say for CT and JHB. But what it means is that new incoming stuff is not being added to the backlog, or there is no backlog of international parcels in Durban. i know that there's still a backlog of domestic letters in Durban, because someone i know has still not got 3 medical insurance statements.

My HHV was ruined by taking 10 weeks. So far i know. Unless they made a really bad batch. Gaia that people are saying they like - what a disappointment, it tastes like the smell of shoe polish. The Sludge is also not normal, not nice and clogs wicks like it didn't before. And i bought 200 ml.:( Very disappointing. And that is NET juice that normally needs to steep at least 4-5 weeks after being mixed.

Dekang and Hanseng have high-tech process control and so on, and employees wearing hygiene gear, better than juice makers that don't have such facilities. And Dekang grows their own tobacco and makes their own Tobacco Absolute, so they have control, more able to maintain consistency.
Other Chinese juice makers, who knows.

Yeah the Big brands are well and all, but the Chinese are masters at replicating lol
So you never know if you got you real juice or some dish washing liquid lol

My 2 orders that were shipped about 3.5 weeks ago got to me after 21-22 days. Back to normal. Durban, DURMAiL; i can't say for CT and JHB. But what it means is that new incoming stuff is not being added to the backlog, or there is no backlog of international parcels in Durban. i know that there's still a backlog of domestic letters in Durban, because someone i know has still not got 3 medical insurance statements.

I'm So sad now
Local date/time Activity Location Remarks
1/10/2015 11:05 AM Posting/Collection 523112
1/11/2015 4:29 PM Departure from outward office of exchange GUANGZHOU
2/12/2015 12:37 PM Arrival at inward office of exchange JIMC A
2/15/2015 1:52 AM Departure from inward office of exchange JIMC C
2/19/2015 12:10 PM Unsuccessful delivery ZA62459 Missed Delivery/Attempted delivery today
2/19/2015 12:15 PM Unsuccessful delivery ZA62459 Missed Delivery/Attempted delivery today

What the actual F@$# does that mean? i mailed like 3 contacts provided on this thread, but none of them have replied. Did it last week Wednesday.
My other package is still being held by customs, i have mailed them an invoice for it.
This import/export game required alot of patience Jeez:whew::wondering:

I'm So sad now
1/10/2015 11:05 AM Posting/Collection 523112
1/11/2015 4:29 PM Departure from outward office of exchange GUANGZHOU
2/12/2015 12:37 PM Arrival at inward office of exchange JIMC A
2/15/2015 1:52 AM Departure from inward office of exchange JIMC C
2/19/2015 12:10 PM Unsuccessful delivery ZA62459 Missed Delivery/Attempted delivery today
2/19/2015 12:15 PM Unsuccessful delivery ZA62459 Missed Delivery/Attempted delivery today

What the actual F@$# does that mean? i mailed like 3 contacts provided on this thread, but none of them have replied. Did it last week Wednesday.
My other package is still being held by customs, i have mailed them an invoice for it.
This import/export game required alot of patience Jeez:whew::wondering:
It simply means they tried to deliver to the address you supplied and nobody was home ...

It simply means they tried to deliver to the address you supplied and nobody was home ...

From Jozi? Usually It comes to Cape Towns hub before it is released to the Post office.
If this is te case i find it very weird as i used normal postage by mail (no Couriers involved)
Could it mean that the post office it was supposed to go to was closed?

From Jozi? Usually It comes to Cape Towns hub before it is released to the Post office.
If this is te case i find it very weird as i used normal postage by mail (no Couriers involved)
Could it mean that the post office it was supposed to go to was closed?

Like this package of mine for e.g
1/6/2015 9:08 PM Posting/Collection 510010
1/7/2015 11:44 AM Departure from outward office of exchange GUANGZHOU
1/28/2015 8:06 PM Arrival at inward office of exchange JIMC A
2/4/2015 9:51 AM Arrival at inward office of exchange CAPETOWN A
2/4/2015 9:55 AM Held by customs CAPETOWN A
2/4/2015 9:57 AM Held by customs CAPETOWN A

It was delivered from Jozis hub to CPTs hub before it is sent out to the post offices, No?

I'm not sure where and when. Just the statement "Unsuccessful delivery ZA62459 Missed Delivery/Attempted delivery today" indicates they tried delivery to your address.

I'm not sure where and when. Just the statement "Unsuccessful delivery ZA62459 Missed Delivery/Attempted delivery today" indicates they tried delivery to your address.

Is there a way to get them to deliver again? or do i just go to the post office.
Sorry for being lastag bru

Is there a way to get them to deliver again? or do i just go to the post office.
Sorry for being lastag bru
Call the post office where your mail normally goes to with your tracking number. If it's not out on delivery again, it should be there.

I just phoned them now. They have finally scanned an item that I bought on 25 September! Just 2 more items to go

I heard about the certificate of non-resolution somewhere in early Feb - was wondering what would happen...
Now I know!

Yeah, we all have hopes of this crap getting resolved, but there simply is no money in the SAPO coffers anymore to pay anyone with. Thats kinda what happens when too many people try to take (read: steal) their cut of the pie...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I thought it was safe, used these plebs to ship my jwraps and goose juice. Guess I'll see them in 6 months
by the even the jwrap will be steeped :duck:

@VandaL I have the same issue, I trusted sapo again, 3 packages incoming, probably going to get them as Christmas presents...

Back