Upgrade Advice

Vaponaut12

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Salutations fellow vapers!

I'm looking for a new upgrade as my iJust2 isn't satisfying me anymore, and i was wondering if you guys could point me into the right direction!

I was considering getting either the Pico or the iPower 80w with a Smok TFV4 tank on it.

Would like to know what you guys think and more or less how much this setup would cost, if you know of any specials?

Happy vaping
Vaponaut12

Hi @Vaponaut12

What is it about the iJust2 that is not satisfying you?
Do you want a more intense vape? More airflow? More throat hit? Or just a change?

What strength juices are you vaping? Have you tried vaping slightly stronger juices in there?
Have you tried using different ohm coils?

Ps - i think the Melo3 mini tank is not much of a difference to the iJust2. If anything, i would say its even a milder vape. At least thats how i experienced it

Ipower is not going to last long running a tfv4. plus it might be too big for it unless its the mini.My rule of thumb. If your tank needs to run at like 50w. Your device should be able to make at least double that.If a mod can run 80w. It dont mean that it can survive running that all day. The ipower can run that power for the tank. But a 50-60w vape all day will drain the battery. Rather go for something with a dual 18650.

Rather go for something with a dual 18650

The way things are going these days I would advise all to get a dual battery mod at least - it gives you enough power to reach higher watts if you want and the battery life is better. Plus a dual 18650 mod is pretty portable - ok, some of them :p

@Silver, The iJust2 is great but I want more control over my vaping range. I tried my cousin's pico and it was great, at lower wattages with a closed airflow I could taste the flavour a lot better and it wasn't overpowering. But then when I wanted to produce clouds I could just open the airflow and amp up the wattage.

I don't want to sit there and always swap out coils and calculate the average wattage range at which I've vaping. I want the convenience of being able to manipulate the airflow, wattage and/or, temperature (hope I don't sound like a brat :p)

Thank you so much for the advice!

Happy vaping!

Don't sound like a brat at all! Everyone has their preferences, I too don't really bother with a lot of the higher grade things, I like to put on a tank and go sometimes.

The 18650 is the standard battery that most of these devices take. A dual 18650 would be preferential, but if you're working on a budget then a single will hold off for now. The Pico is an awesome little thing, and only requires 1 battery. If you're looking at getting a new tank too, then you should be able to get the Pico kit, and a battery for under R1200.

@Kalashnikov Yes, that would be correct. That's why i was considering the Smok TFV4 mini, it goes for around R600 and i can get the 75w Pico mod for R560.

But as you said, I should get double the watts that the tank uses. I think it's a good rule of thumb.

@Stosta Thanks for the advice, i'm able to get the pico kit with a melo 3 tank for R900. Would you go for it? i haven't really had much experience with the melo 3 tank...

@Kalashnikov Yes, that would be correct. That's why i was considering the Smok TFV4 mini, it goes for around R600 and i can get the 75w Pico mod for R560.

But as you said, I should get double the watts that the tank uses. I think it's a good rule of thumb.

@Stosta Thanks for the advice, i'm able to get the pico kit with a melo 3 tank for R900. Would you go for it? i haven't really had much experience with the melo 3 tank...
The Pico kit is definitely a win! Give me 5 minutes to browse around, and see what I would buy if I was starting again with R1200.

Pretty sure the Pico mod is going to be it, the tank is the only thing in question IMO.

Okay, so that was tougher than I thought. I still reckon for an adjustable vape you're going to be happy with the Pico kit. Even for cloud chasers is nice to have a kit like this available to you later down the line for when you go to a funeral and don't want to block out the service with a giant ******* cloud.

BUT... From the sounds of things you are going to want a bigger setup very soon, and then like the guys above have said, you're going to want a dual battery device. It's a hard thing for a vaper to do, but maybe get a decent dual mod this month, you can use your current tank on it, and next month (assuming you can spend another grand or so) get batts and a tank for it.

Back