User selling fake goods as Authentic @George49

RenaldoRheeder

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
I need to bring this to your attention so that you can be careful and not be swindled.

User @George49 advertised and sold 10 eLeaf iJust S kits to me as Authentic. Unfortunately they turned out to be fake, George49 has been informed, but unfortunately has not resolved the issue. An expensive exercise costing me R3,450.

Be aware and be carefull

PS a formal complaint has been lodged to Admin

Is this not the same guy selling fake lg batteries??? I got so upset with him telling @Silver that his busy and stuff when questioned about the batteries!

Hate these scam artists!

I have noticed that he has batteries on sale in the Classifieds, but I cannot comment on this.

Sent by iDad from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for creating this thread @RenaldoRheeder and for alerting us and others.

Am deeply pained to hear about this. Very sorry this has happened to you here on ECIGSSA.

In the main, we are a superb community filled with generosity and mutual respect. When this sort of thing happens it makes a dent into something that is very special.

@George49 , please reimburse @RenaldoRheeder. As @Pixstar says, do the right and honourable thing. In the spirit of this forum.

I need to bring this to your attention so that you can be careful and not be swindled.

User @George49 advertised and sold 10 eLeaf iJust S kits to me as Authentic. Unfortunately they turned out to be fake, George49 has been informed, but unfortunately has not resolved the issue. An expensive exercise costing me R3,450.

Be aware and be carefull

That Sucks Big time.Sorry to hear @RenaldoRheeder

Out of interest how did u get 10 I see one advertised. Irrespective if they are fake u should be re imbersed. Hope u come right, use the rating system as well to warn future buyers

Im so sorry @RenaldoRheeder ,now you know you in South Africa,may I ask how do you know they are not authentic? Maybe @George49 got smammed too
If you have so many units of each item and claim that everything advertised are "unwanted gifts" and "can't remember" what site you got the batteries from, I think it's safe to say he knew quite well what he was selling

If you have so many units of each item and claim that everything advertised are "unwanted gifts" and "can't remember" what site you got the batteries from, I think it's safe to say he knew quite well what he was selling
I did not see the ad so I cant comment,im just thinking can you see its a fake while its sealed or does it have to be opened? Im not taking anyones part,just saying maybe George got scammed into buying it,then sold it thinking it was original,highly unlikely but still a possibility,we have to hear both sides of the story,either way Renaldo should be reimbursed

The add was for 10 units. They were intended for friends and family. They all have the exact same verification code and serial number. They were not part of the "unwanted gift" adverts.

Sorry @RenaldoRheeder. This is a very unfortunate situation to find yourself in, especially on this forum where one hopes that everyone is respectful and honest.
I hope this was an honest mistake from @George49's part and that he does the right thing and sorts you out.
Please keep us updated on the proceedings.

I did not see the ad so I cant comment,im just thinking can you see its a fake while its sealed or does it have to be opened? Im not taking anyones part,just saying maybe George got scammed into buying it,then sold it thinking it was original,highly unlikely but still a possibility,we have to hear both sides of the story,either way Renaldo should be reimbursed
Agreed, I just feel that if he was indeed scammed, why lie about the source of the product?

Ja, I feel for you bud, also been scammed before, also to the tune of a few bucks.

Chances are you won't see nor hear from them again, after all they have your bucks now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be aware and be carefull

This sucks. I hope you get reimbursed.

One always has to be careful of scammers out there. I once went to vape shop where this guy was bragging about the trade he made. He swopped a clone atty for an authentic atty and when I asked him if the guy knew he getting a clone he said "no, but it's a 1:1 clone so he'll never know"...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just a final update. @George49 made no effort to resolve the matter. I tested two of the devices for the hell of it - not only are they fake - they also do not work. So I have lost R3,450, but I bet that was the last time that he will try his luck on this forum - named, shamed and exposed. Watch out for him - he uses WhatsApp +27 84 669 6344. That is it for the @George49 saga.

Once again, very sad to hear this @RenaldoRheeder
Thank you for informing us all.

We will also try to monitor more closely

Just a reminder, if anyone sees anything suspicious in the Classifieds - be cautious.

Typically where someone is selling new and sealed items and does not want to say where they got it from or is very vague - then be careful. Rather report such a post to one of the members of the Admin and Mod team and lets rather be safe than sorry.

S
Just a final update. @George49 made no effort to resolve the matter. I tested two of the devices for the hell of it - not only are they fake - they also do not work. So I have lost R3,450, but I bet that was the last time that he will try his luck on this forum - named, shamed and exposed. Watch out for him - he uses WhatsApp +27 84 669 6344. That is it for the @George49 saga.

I still feel bad for you bud,I truly believe you will be recompensated some time in your life for what happened to you,and for you @George49 I hope you know about karma...

S

I still feel bad for you bud,I truly believe you will be recompensated some time in your life for what happened to you,and for you @George49 I hope you know about karma...

I have had a great vaping time in SA and have many toys going back with me - so that little irritation is just that. Besides, I'm friends with Karma on Facebook :cool:

Be aware and be carefull

@Renaldo how does one know whether it's authentic or fake?

Once again, very sad to hear this @RenaldoRheeder
Thank you for informing us all.

We will also try to monitor more closely

Just a reminder, if anyone sees anything suspicious in the Classifieds - be cautious.

Typically where someone is selling new and sealed items and does not want to say where they got it from or is very vague - then be careful. Rather report such a post to one of the members of the Admin and Mod team and lets rather be safe than sorry.

If something is new and sealed I most certainly would NOT be suspicious, so as I asked Renaldo - how does one know whether it's authentic or fake?

Howsit everybody.

@RenaldoRheeder , My sympathies to you bud.

I had experienced the exact same issue about 5 months back-a guy with a hooka and basic vape store near the glen had advertised i just s kits for R350 on OLX and I had long since promised my sister in law that I would get her a vape for her 18th birthday.
Needless to say it was a fake and did not work from the onset,in which the owner of the store had given me a new kit,which then did the exact same thing.
On my third visit,I had asked the gent to refund me and he refunded me in full,but he was extremely upset as he was conned into buying a few hundred of these kits in which he was told were 'authentic'

My point is, @George49 may have also been conned (and so I'd like to believe) -but he should also refund you on the basis that he had sold an item as authentic when it was not.

Goodluck @RenaldoRheeder

Back