Vamo V5 Not Firing

Yash

Serial Vapist
LV

Awards
Hi all,

So I got my Vamo V5 a week ago and everything was fine until this evening.

It switches on, detects the correct coil resistance, hit the button and it doesn't fire my mPT3 or mPT2 or Aerotank Mega.

I checked the center pin, it's not pushed in.

Anyone have any tips on this?

Cheers,

@Yash

what was the detected resistance?
because vamo will say "nope nope nope" if under 1.2ohms

It detects the correct resistance of 1.7ohms.

that good, should work with that.
are you using a protected battery? or have you recently swopped to a protected battery? because the battery itself may be saying "nope nope nope"

Nope, using an Efest IMR was working like an hour ago with the same battery.

then I'm fresh out of ideas:-( hope you get it sorted. vamo's are simple..and we covered two out of the three issues already, and you covered the center pin in your first post. so, not much left to be broken I'm afraid.

Battery is on 4V, tried another fully charged battery and the same issue :(

Battery is on 4V, tried another fully charged battery and the same issue :(
Really strange... You can switch it on and off using the fire button so it's not a faulty button. You can read resistance so wiring to the 510 inside is fine. Resistance is within spec, battery voltage is within spec. Stumped. Doesn't sound good :-(

I see that other people have reported having problems with efest flat tops not making a good connection. Suggested fix is making sure everything is threaded together nice and tight and stretching out the spring a bit.

confusing the crumpets out of me also :( any chance you have any more batteries to try out on it? maybe an 18350?

confusing the crumpets out of me also :( any chance you have any more batteries to try out on it? maybe an 18350?

I only have 2 18650's and I tried them both, no dice.

Funniest thing is that when I hook up my multimeter to the Vamo I'm getting readings but it's not firing the coils.

have you tried switching between variable wattage and variable voltage? or tried switching form form pulse wave modulation to the other setting?

have you tried switching between variable wattage and variable voltage? or tried switching form form pulse wave modulation to the other setting?

Yeah, I think I've tried everything and still refuses to fire in either Mean, RMS, VV or VW modes.
Looks like it's totally broken.

Yeah, I think I've tried everything and still refuses to fire in either Mean, RMS, VV or VW modes.
Looks like it's totally broken.

Apologies to budge in here, but seems to me it's just an internal broken wire between the circuit and centre pin. pm @Rowan Francis, I'm sure he had worked on Vamos before.

Apologies to budge in here, but seems to me it's just an internal broken wire between the circuit and centre pin. pm @Rowan Francis, I'm sure he had worked on Vamos before.
Thanks, worth a shot while I wait for Fasttech to come back to me.

johan, but if the positive is not connecting, how is still reading voltage and ohms? well ohms specifically?

hey yash, where you located dude?

johan, but if the positive is not connecting, how is still reading voltage and ohms? well ohms specifically?

What I actually meant is a dry-joint or couple of strands broken on the output side. The wire is broken in the sense that it makes enough contact to read the resistance from the atty but to few strands and/or contact to deliver the required current. It could be the input side? To measure voltage about zero current is drawn.

The unit does everything as it did when it was working before except fire on any of my clearos.

I'm close to Westville in Durban.

I was checking the Fasttech forums, the Vamos are notorius for failing, and in some cases it looks like Fasttech sends a replacement unit without having to return the faulty one. Let's see what they say.

well dude we could meet up at the pavillion or somewhere in pinetown and i could try and poke it to see if it comes alive again. can then also try one or two of my batteries and/or swop out sections of the vamo for trouble shooting purposes. i have a vamo also btw so this is near and dear to my heart. loves me my vamo. maybe just comparing the 2 vamos would give us a clue

well dude we could meet up at the pavillion or somewhere in pinetown and i could try and poke it to see if it comes alive again. can then also try one or two of my batteries and/or swop out sections of the vamo for trouble shooting purposes. i have a vamo also btw so this is near and dear to my heart. loves me my vamo. maybe just comparing the 2 vamos would give us a clue

Sounds like a plan, lets see what Fasttech come back with, if they want the unit back I don't want to mess with it before I send it back. If they don't we can see if we can bring it back to life.

lol dude i didnt want to open it up, basically just go through the same steps as you did and compare units, just in case you missed something

Back