Vamo V5 Not Firing

lol dude i didnt want to open it up, basically just go through the same steps as you did and compare units, just in case you missed something

Ahhh ok, will probably be able to meet up anytime before Saturday after 7pm.
Let me know what works for you.

I have to say I'm not impressed by the Vamo V at all... stupid up and down buttons (and I know they have fixed it in the new release) that change the power while sitting in your pocket... and the build quality leaves a lot to be desired. I bought one for my mate and within 3 days it just fell apart and he had to take a hammer to it to keep it together. For my 2c it's an Epic fail. I should have know when the price suddenly dropped to R680.

I have to say I'm not impressed by the Vamo V at all... stupid up and down buttons (and I know they have fixed it in the new release) that change the power while sitting in your pocket... and the build quality leaves a lot to be desired. I bought one for my mate and within 3 days it just fell apart and he had to take a hammer to it to keep it together. For my 2c it's an Epic fail. I should have know when the price suddenly dropped to R680.
I have the V5 in stainless steel and works perfectly. Before that the V3 also in ss, no problems.

I have the V5 in stainless steel and works perfectly. Before that the V3 also in ss, no problems.

Yip I know you have been very happy with yours... I think there is a bad batch and that's why the price dropped so they could get rid of them... I of course could be totally wrong but the one I got for my mate was an epic fail. They were R800 everywhere and then all of a sardine the price dropped to R680 and has stayed there for sometime.

I wonder if even the big boys in retail get conned with clones sometimes?

I have developed a dislike of electronic mods. We don't seem to get along very well

Sent from my awesome Reo-mini.

I have developed a dislike of electronic mods. We don't seem to get along very well

I still love my 2 Sigelei's and even the SVD that I've never been a great fan of... and the SID was rock solid until it hit the bottom of the dam!

But you have a REO now so the rest is history! :rock:

I wonder if even the big boys in retail get conned with clones sometimes?
they do, but the vamo is an odd one. I spent a good while trying to find the original manufacturer...still dont know who did it first. It's almost a china-own-brand by now. Anybody know?
I've got a v2...wife calls it "no guts" and I call it "kanniedood", which is a lie,
its like that mop I bought 15 years ago and havent bought another since, although I have had to replace the brush 12 times and the handle 7 times:)

I can field strip it, pull the pcb out, slot in a new one, two quick solder joints and back we go. The bottom tube shares threading with the hammer and some chi-you's. The top cap strips, but replacements arent expensive, so its only had two replacements:). And ft now do the pcb's, so I can upgrade it to oled display when next it breaks.

It hasnt broken by itself though...I sat it in a bath of solution to strip off the black chrome and maybe the level was a bit high and half the pcb got a bath too.

Although the kick modules+ a mech can be smaller and does almost the same.

I still love my 2 Sigelei's and even the SVD that I've never been a great fan of... and the SID was rock solid until it hit the bottom of the dam!

But you have a REO now so the rest is history! :rock:

Very true.

I already want another one now.

Sent from my awesome Reo-mini.

i choose to ignore those with negative opinions of my sexy vamo, i will one day pass her on to my kids :)

I've got a v2...wife calls it "no guts" and I call it "kanniedood", which is a lie, its like that mop I bought 15 years ago and havent bought another since, although I have had to replace the brush 12 times and the handle 7 times:)

That's exactly why I recommended my mate buy one... I had heard nothing but good things about it. Maybe he got the only dud in the world... :confused:

That's exactly why I recommended my mate buy one... I had heard nothing but good things about it. Maybe he got the only dud in the world... :confused:

And I got the other :(

I'm seriously considering getting the SVD now, just not a big fan of the looks.

And I got the other :(

I'm seriously considering getting the SVD now, just not a big fan of the looks.

Bummer... :(

Have a serious look at the SID as well... it's very plain and simple but that's what I like about it... everytime I want to change settings on the SVD I have to either start pressing all the buttons to remember how it works or Google it. o_O

The SVD looks better but the SID is far easier to use.

If cost is not a factor then the best by a country mile is the Sigelei 20W.

only things wrong with my cheapest vamo fasttech had on their site is a few scratches and the silver coating on the positive pin is starting to come off

Hey guys,

Here's an update:

The faulty unit is on it's way back to Fasttech, and they are going to ship me a Sigelei Zmax v5 once the Vamo arrives.

Cheers,

@Yash

eish dude, glad it's gonna get exchanged, just sad its gonna take 2 months or so before you get your new device :(

I moved from the V5 to the SVD because mine was constantly popping the center pin spring. I eventually gave it to my brother in law along with two of my Kangertech 2 mini's... he had the same issue. At this point I was hole full with the centre pin so i pulled the v5 apart. Pulled the centre pin out as far as it would go. Then soldered it so it cant move. its been nearly 6 months with no issues... I actually miss my Vamo now. :(

Back