Vandyvape Paradox 24mm RDA

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Paradox 24mm RDA from Vandyvape. The Paradox 24mm RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ariel from Vandyvape.

http://vandyvape.com/atomizer/rda/atomiz...radox-rda/

Introduction

The Paradox offers more innovation from Vandyvape which got me very interested in looking at this RDA despite being more of an RTA vaper personally. The Paradox has an interesting annular airflow system and huge screw heads to secure down the coil legs on the easy to build single coil deck. You get all the usual spares as well as 3 drip tips and 510 adaptor. The Paradox comes pre-installed with a BF pin (standard pin included) and also includes an handsome looking fused Clapton Coil. So let's build this, give it a good look and after some use i'll give my thoughts!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1x Paradox RDA, BF Pin, Ultem 810
1x ACCESSORY Bag
1x User Manual
1x 510 Drip Tip
1x PEI Drip Tip
1x 510 Adaptor
2x Coils
Standard 510 pin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics

The Paradox RDA came in sample packaging and once opened i was met by a nice quite plain looking RDA which will please many. I received the Matte Black version, it's also available in Stainless Steel, both versions come with an ultem 810 drip tip pre-installed. Apart from some printing on the base the RDA is entirely Black but does have aesthetic features, on the front is an engraved logo and going from the top to approx 1cm down we have diagonal grooves, finally there is the dual airflow slots. The base has printed safety stamps and branding, the Paradox comes pre-installed with protruding, Gold plated BF pin. Although quite plain i like the look of the Paradox and the build quality is very good.

Paradox Specs and Features:

Length: 23.5mm
Diameter: 24mm
Capacity: 1.5ml
G.W(included Package): 105g
Annular Airflow
Top Dome Form Bell
Colours: Matte Black, Stainless Steel

The Various Parts

The Paradox is quite simplistic when it comes to it's breakdown, comprising of drip tip, one piece sleeve and deck section. The pre-installed drip tip is an ultem 810 which funnels in as does the supplied delrin 810 with knurling. You also receive a higher profile 510 drip tip which is nicely curved which will be chalk or cheese when it comes to peoples opinions on how it looks and of course a 510 adaptor. The Paradox as mentioned in the introduction comes pre-installed with a BF pin and the Paradox has a good size juice well that is claimed will hold 1.5ml of juice, you also receive a standard pin.

The Airflow

Airflow adjustment is done by turning the sleeve which has dual slots to line up with the airflow system on the deck. The airflow system is as far as i know innovative as i haven't come across this system before. On the outside of the deck each side where the posts are situated we have 2 airflow inlets (that's 2 either side), the top section of the posts is where the coil legs get fixed in position, underneath we have a circular sections (one each side) surrounded by a channel. The air goes through the holes on the outside of the deck then move through the channel from either end in a circular motion. The air comes through the outlets on the deck (again 2 outlets each side) continuing there circular motion cutting across the lower sides and bottom of the coil from either side, i have always found air skimming at an angle across the coil give more even and better coverage than a direct blast of air, this airflow looks very promising! The inside ceiling of the sleeve is domed and when you fit the sleeve back over the deck it is secured by o-rings and sits on a shelf.

The Deck and Build

Like the airflow the way the coil legs get secured on the Paradox is a new one on me. Both positive and negative post sections which face each other across the deck have a huge flathead screw head, you simply unscrew the screw heads which lift the heads up and slide your legs underneath, there is a raised lip next to the screw heads so your coils don't pop out while securing. To make things even easier than they already are there is 2 rounded cutouts on the side of the deck allowing you to rest a coiling rod, so by putting the coil on a coiling rod first the coil will be kept in the perfect position while securing the legs. No wicking instructions needed just wick as you would any un-fussy RDA.

Supplied Coil

The supplied coil is a fused clapton with 3.0 inner ID 26ga*3+38ga Ni80 4 Wraps with a resistance of 0.2ohm which for me came out at 0.21ohm. Recommended wattage 38W to 55W which i used at 45W.

My Experience Using The Paradox RDA

I used the Paradox with the installed BF pin and it really is an RDA which when squonking care needs to be taken. Unlike a lot of recent RDA's that have airflow that is machined slanted downwards at a steep angle which stops escaping liquid that isn't the case with the Paradox. If you squonk while the RDA is at an angle or press the bottle more than a couple of times in a row then liquid comes out the airflow slots, also for the first couple of vapes after squonking the RDA spits and gurgles a bit but it completely clears after a couple of vapes. If care is taken though and you stay disciplined after the initial couple of vapes it settles down to a vape full of flavour, and i mean really good flavour and also it's very smooth. I switched to the 510 drip tip which was because of the higher profile as another thing very noticeable is it'a a very warm vape and the sleeve does get hot. I found it a mixed bag but partly because i like quite a cool vape. I got the restricted lung hit i prefer (The Paradox doesn't have bags of air) and as mentioned the airflow is smooth and the Paradox produces very good flavour but care is needed when squonking and it's a very warm vape.

Pros

Good build quality
Aesthetically pleasing
Very good flavour
Smooth Airflow
Restricted lung hit (perfect for me)
Squonks well (only if care isn't taken does liquid come through slots and while pressing the bottle, during normal vaping due to the deep well it works very well)
Deep juice well
Innovation
Very easy build and wick
3 drip tips plus 510 adaptor included
BF and standard pin
Good spares

Cons

Care needs to be taken when squonking else liquid comes through airflow slots
Inititial couple of vapes after squonking you get a bit of spitting and gurgling
Very warm to hot vape (con for some like me pro for others)
If you like masses of air this isn't for you

I would once again like to thank Ariel from Vandyvape for supplying the Paradox 24mm RDA for the purpose of this review.

http://vandyvape.com/atomizer/rda/atomiz...radox-rda/

Back