Vape Africa - Retailer Reviews

Skramrox

New Vaper
LV

Awards
So I went to VAfrica to get a new tank. I told them I don't need a battery as I have some old ones laying at home. I bought the tank they recommended not knowing that it was a sub-ohm tank that requires one of the newer batteries to operate.

Took it home - didn't work on any of my batteries. Went back to VAfrica and they said I must now buy a battery from them as my batteries would only work on their other tanks that they sell.

So they gave me two options: buy a new battery or buy one of their regular tanks. So thanks to THEIR incompetence I must pay more money to fix a mistake about a product that they could have warned me about.

Was disgusted - so I just walked out. Anyone want to buy a sub-ohm V8 tank ?

Are sales so low they have to generate more business for themselves via sneaky methods ???

Last edited:
Sounds like they don't know their stuff at all. Or have no inclination to help people at all just for the goal of getting sales. Don't generally see this kind of thing at Vape stores.

If it is the same fellas that run the IAVA page on FB... then I can but put a palm to my face and gently shake my head.

Hey, firstly, welcome to the forum.

I wouldnt blame the vender for this.

There are 2 different "battery" connections. You told them you have batteries, how are they to assume which ones you have?

Imagine I go to a car spares place and say, hey I need a new cylinder head for my VW, but dont worry, I have 6 engines. They give me a head for a Golf 5 GTI and I have old 1300 motors.

Remember, this is a public forum, and openly bashing a company for something that could have been avoided is very unjust.

Has the packaging been damaged? Are they not willing to offer you a refund? If not, consider posting the tank in the classifieds section of this forum (you will be presented with a template upon creation): http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/for-sale/

Furthermore, there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum regarding compatibility and should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Hello Cespian - thanks 4 the welcome !

The problem was not that it did not fit - it fits perfectly. The problem was that they sold me a sub-ohm tank+coil which is a specialized product for specific batteries.

If they had said "Do you have a sub-ohm capable battery?" I would completely understand that it was my risk to purchase.

Apologies for bashing but I felt the people behind the counter have an obligation to ask questions .. especially since I told them I had "standard mainstream batteries". I even pointed at their standard batteries and said I got one like that.

I then asked what my options were and was told ... "SPEND MORE MONEY".

Hello Cespian - thanks 4 the welcome !

The problem was not that it did not fit - it fits perfectly. The problem was that they sold me a sub-ohm tank+coil which is a specialized product for specific batteries.

If they had said "Do you have a sub-ohm capable battery?" I would completely understand that it was my risk to purchase.

Apologies for bashing but I felt the people behind the counter have an obligation to ask questions .. especially since I told them I had "standard mainstream batteries". I even pointed at their standard batteries and said I got one like that.

I then asked what my options were and was told ... "SPEND MORE MONEY".

Which tank is it that you purchased and what batteries do you have? Are you able to post a pic or give us the make and model?

I have a Regular battery like these:

And was sold a "VAP3 V8 Atomizer" like this one:
IMG_1919-450x450.jpg

Oh Dear.
The connections are different, and not even considering that the power supplied will be way too low.

The "mainstream" batteries these days all have the 510 connection and I strongly suggest you upgrade your battery for compatibility reasons.

Needless to say, considering that you pointed out to them that you have this type of battery and they sold you an incompatible tank says a heck load. Apologies, I didnt get that from your OP. Heck even if it was compatible, it would look like a popsicle.

I must also strongly suggest that if you can, rather purchase from VapeCartel, Foggas, JuicyJoes and VapeMob Claremont (walk in stores), those guys know their stuff and I doubt you will experience the same sort of service

The joys of proprietary batteries. I would not use any vaping product that doesn't use a generic 18650. I know that doesn't help you, Skamrox, but something to consider for the future. The quicker you get yourself into generics, the safer and more future-proof you are.

And was sold a "VAP3 V8 Atomizer" like this one:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I have a battery for that tank with charger and some spares for the tank. If you want it you can pick it up, I'm in parow ind. during the day.

May I ask, why do you have 6 of those batteries? Like to mix and match? nice colours tho.

I remember those spinner batteries. Used to run the mini protanks quite beautifully. Noways those will push enough power for a subohm tank.

My advice, if you cant get a refund on your tank, is unfortunately to look at getting a higher powered battery. The pico might be a good option at a good price. Else there are some good deals in the classifieds for some good high powered mods e.g. VTC mini

As for compatibility, I think the normal 510 used to fit on those spinner batteries as I remember running a nautilus mini on those guys.
Aaaah, memories :rolleyes:

Sorry @Skramrox

No price, no strings attached.
I loved mine when I just started, but only used it a couple times before moving on to a subtank.

Oh and it is the longer 2200 MAH battery so you should get a good days vape in with it.

Thanks all for your advice/feedback !

SUPER special thanks to Ernest for the battery - I will pick it up tomorrow. :aaaaa:

Oh Dear.
The connections are different, and not even considering that the power supplied will be way too low.

The "mainstream" batteries these days all have the 510 connection and I strongly suggest you upgrade your battery for compatibility reasons.

Needless to say, considering that you pointed out to them that you have this type of battery and they sold you an incompatible tank says a heck load. Apologies, I didnt get that from your OP. Heck even if it was compatible, it would look like a popsicle.

I must also strongly suggest that if you can, rather purchase from VapeCartel, Foggas, JuicyJoes and VapeMob Claremont (walk in stores), those guys know their stuff and I doubt you will experience the same sort of service
Aaaand why not VapeMob KENILWORTH eh? Lol... no need to reply lmfao

Are sales so low they have to generate more business for themselves via sneaky methods ???

Welcome to the forum.

I have no experience of that vendor, but I doubt sneaky methods are the issue. Probably disinterest by the sales staff.

I have been involved in the vaping scene with vapers and dealers in the US, UK, Europe, China and South East Asia. As well as, of course, here. I have never met a nicer bunch of people in any walk of life than in the vaping community. As is again evident on this thread. I'm sure there are some mercenary types out there, but by and large they are a bunch of good guys and gals, keen on their hobby, and will always help you out.

The vaping community talk to each other, a lot, and any business that tries shady business practices will be shunned by them pretty quickly. Word gets around fast.

Me again,
So I popped by @Ernest to say hi and collect the battery. Not expecting much. Then we chat and he answers all my 1 million NOOB questions I have about vaping. He hands me a brand new battery .. and wait for it .. a brand new V8 tank exactly like the one I erroneously bought with some spares. So now he's pretty much given me a sub-ohm starter kit !

Talk about being blown away with some local vaping hospitality !!!

As I drive away from @Ernest I put in some mild tobacco mixed with some red-bull - 12mg. Hoping for the best ...

OMG .. flavor .. clouds .. hmmmm !

This is the first time I have ever had warm vape FILL my mouth with a single pull.

Over the moon - thanks @Ernest !
Thank-You-Free-PNG-Image.png

Back