Vape Bargains Thread

Batteries and cotton saw this on Facebook for the guys that missed vapecon and need to stock up on cotton or replace batteries

Attachments

• A8C2455D-AB8F-49E5-B8FF-C9C4059CB908.jpeg
    A8C2455D-AB8F-49E5-B8FF-C9C4059CB908.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 97
Even me! I would love some bargains right about now, but we need to keep in mind, that a lot of the stores did now trade during this time at all, and we can't really expect them to start offering a bunch of sales in the near future. We need to support our local stores now more than ever to help them get back on their feet.

Even me! I would love some bargains right about now, but we need to keep in mind, that a lot of the stores did now trade during this time at all, and we can't really expect them to start offering a bunch of sales in the near future. We need to support our local stores now more than ever to help them get back on their feet.

True, but let's be honest here. A lot of them were still trading. My 3 regular shops only stopped during the initial 3 week lockdown.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I have a feeling that with the change to level 2 the vape industry will now move towards a buyer's market, away from a seller's market. Vape shops that were fortunate enough to not permanently close may now have to incentivize customers to purchase from them as customers can now go wherever they want.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I have a feeling that with the change to level 2 the vape industry will now move towards a buyer's market, away from a seller's market. Vape shops that were fortunate enough to not permanently close may now have to incentivize customers to purchase from them as customers can now go wherever they want.

Precisely this how many people going forward is let's say that used to spent a 1000 bucks can now only spend 500 people are going to start bargain hunting, and it is going to be up to the shops to lure them there

Last edited:
This wouldn't work right now, and I wouldn't dream of doing this to a vape shop, but here are some tips in general for possibly getting an online discount.

Want an extra online-shopping discount in South Africa? Try walking away for a day or three.
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/abandon-your-shopping-cart-for-an-extra-online-discount-2020-1

"If you have the time, shop – and then wait for three days.
To create an abandoned cart, select stuff on an e-commerce website, go right up to the checkout stage – and then walk away.

You don't even necessarily have to register an account on that website, although it might help.

The most popular form of abandoned-cart recovery is by sending reminder emails, which means the site needs your email address. But we've seen a local example where a website targets those with abandoned carts via Google ads too. (Google has a specific method to combine tracking code dropped by the selling website with an auction-style system for who gets to show you ads that can lead to those creepy specific ads for, say, shoes that you start seeing after browsing shoes.)

So with or without your contact details, a website may try to track you down and convince you to take the plunge, and pay for those items you left in your cart.

But they may not necessarily offer you a freebie immediately.

In the rapidly developing world of abandoned-cart recovery, retailers are encouraged not to go with a discount offer immediately. Instead best-practice calls for first trying a gentle reminder, either via an email or a tailored banner ad that suggests you "forgot something", or asking if you need to speak to an agent.

If that doesn't work, you may get the hard sell: "We can't guarantee availability of this product much longer", or "Prices are about to go up".

Only if it becomes clear you are not going to budge comes the third phase, which can be a discount coupon for 10% or more off your basket, free shipping, or whatever other perk or freebie the site hopes will entice you to seal the deal.

As a rule of thumb, wait three days to see if that third phase kicks in, even if the second-phase offer contains a discount; there may still be a better offer coming..."

EDIT: I'll try this for an air-fryer, if I don't want to wait for Black Friday :-D

Obviously not much good to most in South Africa but my bargain vape this year was from Newvaping in the U.K. Odin Mini DNA 75C Mod for £99.99 with 2 Golisi 21700 batteries free and a 15% off code.

So Odin Mini with 2 21700 batteries delivered within 48hrs for £85, a steal!

This wouldn't work right now, and I wouldn't dream of doing this to a vape shop, but here are some tips in general for possibly getting an online discount.

Want an extra online-shopping discount in South Africa? Try walking away for a day or three.
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/abandon-your-shopping-cart-for-an-extra-online-discount-2020-1

"If you have the time, shop – and then wait for three days.
To create an abandoned cart, select stuff on an e-commerce website, go right up to the checkout stage – and then walk away.

You don't even necessarily have to register an account on that website, although it might help.

The most popular form of abandoned-cart recovery is by sending reminder emails, which means the site needs your email address. But we've seen a local example where a website targets those with abandoned carts via Google ads too. (Google has a specific method to combine tracking code dropped by the selling website with an auction-style system for who gets to show you ads that can lead to those creepy specific ads for, say, shoes that you start seeing after browsing shoes.)

So with or without your contact details, a website may try to track you down and convince you to take the plunge, and pay for those items you left in your cart.

But they may not necessarily offer you a freebie immediately.

In the rapidly developing world of abandoned-cart recovery, retailers are encouraged not to go with a discount offer immediately. Instead best-practice calls for first trying a gentle reminder, either via an email or a tailored banner ad that suggests you "forgot something", or asking if you need to speak to an agent.

If that doesn't work, you may get the hard sell: "We can't guarantee availability of this product much longer", or "Prices are about to go up".

Only if it becomes clear you are not going to budge comes the third phase, which can be a discount coupon for 10% or more off your basket, free shipping, or whatever other perk or freebie the site hopes will entice you to seal the deal.

As a rule of thumb, wait three days to see if that third phase kicks in, even if the second-phase offer contains a discount; there may still be a better offer coming..."

EDIT: I'll try this for an air-fryer, if I don't want to wait for Black Friday :-D

I've had this happen with overseas vape stores.
Realized by accident. Added stuff to cart and got busy and forgot. 3 days later gor an autoemailer to remind me of the cart being loaded. And a 20% discount.

Back