Vape Elixir - Juice Reviews

Portuguese 101 for @annemarievdh and @Riaz:

I just thanked him for his nice impressions, he replied with its a pleasure and I said no problems.

... and then @TylerD came with "Booyakasha" (Jamaican slang and used by Ali G). The word originates from West Africa and its original intentional meaning is: "DEATH TO WHITE PEOPLE"

Ali G's explanation:

Form of greeting and hellos. Salutation.
A quick exclamation used when one has owned, pawned, shanked, kicked the crap out of, or mentally abused someone followed immediately by a quick snap of the fingers. An expression used when someone is destroyed by a verbal smack down.

Portuguese 101 for @anne:

I just thanked him for his nice impressions, he replied with its a pleasure and I said no problems.

... and then @TylerD came with "Booyakasha" (Jamaican slang and used by Ali G). The word originates from West Africa and its original intentional meaning is: "DEATH TO WHITE PEOPLE"

Ali G's explanation:

Form of greeting and hellos. Salutation.
A quick exclamation used when one has owned, pawned, shanked, kicked the crap out of, or mentally abused someone followed immediately by a quick snap of the fingers. An expression used when someone is destroyed by a verbal smack down.

Wow nice @johan, could you come and live with us and help my children with their homework :D

Wow, the Plasma Juice is even better on the mAN.

With the MPT if I turned the voltage up higher, the menthol masks too much of the fruit I found.

With the Nautilus you can turn up the voltage for a stronger drag, and close the holes up a bit, and it all the flavours stick around.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

Plasma juice...

To sum it up, surprisingly weird. and what a fitting name. this juice kept me guessing what I was tasting right up until my taste buds died.

Decidedly fruity with the occasional burst of menthol. I enjoyed this straight up and eventually started mixing it with kiwi and later on peach and vk5. and every single time I was shocked by how nice the flavors seemed to combine.

On the second day of vaping this I ended up with a mild case of vapors tongue. and even then there was a distinct flavour that I could still decipher with my broken taste buds.

would definitely recommend this for anyone that likes a fresh fruity taste or just a spin on menthol.

next on the list for me to try tho......Black Cigar!

Hi all

I have been meaning to try Vape Elixir juices for a long time. For those who don't know, Vape Elixir is a local brand of juices that are mixed by experienced vaper and mixologist, Marnus. (@SunRam on this forum). The only problem was they were not available in 18mg. So I contacted Marnus a few months ago and managed to get a few 18mg samples, which I paid for. The juices are available at several retailers (VapeKing, eCiggies and VapeClub). They cost R130 for 30ml. They have very recently become available in 18mg at VapeKing. Thank heavens ;-)

My Vape Elixir juices have been sitting quietly in a dark cupboard for nearly 3 months. So they are well steeped.

First up is Plasma. I believe the juices are 50/50 PG/VG. I have been vaping it in the Nautilus Mini and a Reo for the last 2 weeks. Here goes...

Vape Elixir - PLASMA (18mg)

Bottom line - a light refreshing juice with a unique watermelon type of taste. The soft and powdery texture makes it special. Combined with the low throat hit, it's a pefect juice for mindless all-day vaping. I will be re-orderding.

Vape Elixir Plasma.jpg

The juice has a light orange colour and has a sweet fruity smell.

From the first vape, I could taste that this is a different kind of juice - in a good way. It has such a lovely, light flavoured, clean and refreshing taste. Quite unique actually. I pick up watermelon and a bit of green melon with a slight coolness. The flavours are very light, not strong. So too is the coolness. It's not a cold blast, just a gentle cool breeze. The flavours blend well together.

The juice has a slight sweetness to it. It's not sour. It's of medium dryness. Definitely a cool refreshing vape. It tastes natural. The first day or two on the Nautilus Mini I felt it tasted a bit sterile and "green". But after loading it in the Reo and getting more used to it, that went away.

The throat hit is on the lowish side, even on the Reo. That would normally put me off - but strangely I really like this one and was quite sad when the bottle got empty. I think I just like the unique flavour and the coolness.

What makes this juice really special for me is its texture. It is powdery but very soft. It's gentle and soothing. I can almost taste the "granules" of vapour. It also has a bit of a fizz, like sherbert. The texture of this juice is a real winner for me and I find it very pleasing.

The low throat hit and the soothing texture make this a mellow vape - perfect for mindless all-day vaping. I could lung hit this juice comfortably (using the slightly open mouth technique on the Reo/RM2) and it was pleasing.

The aftertaste is mild yet refreshing. It leaves my mouth feeling clean and a bit cool. Pleasant indeed.

I had the juice loaded in the Nautilus Mini and the Reo/RM2. I found this juice great on both - but surprisingly a bit better on the Reo this time. The flavour was more pronounced on the Reo and the texture came out more. It was a bit drier on the Nautilus Mini. I had the Nautilus Mini on the SVD at around 12 Watts and the Reo/RM2 with a 1.07 ohm standard micro-coil, implying 13-16 Watts. I did not try this juice at higher power. I was very happy at this level. The juice vaporises well on both devices. No issues.

Were there any negatives? Not really. Perhaps one could argue the flavour is a bit mild and the throat hit is a bit low for 18mg. But to me, this is a perfect all-day mindless vaping juice. Another thing about this juice is that the flavour is quite unique, so it may not be to everyone's liking. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about the flavour itself - I like it a lot - it's just that it may not be something your taste buds recognise.

Definitely a high quality juice with a unique flavour. Soft, soothing and refreshing.

Those looking for a mild-flavoured fruity juice with a bit of coolness and a unique taste should definitely give Plasma a try. Lung-hitters will also probably appreciate this juice.

Packaging:
  • My sample bottle is different to the usual dark glass 30ml bottles - I will comment on what I had
  • Simple plastic bottle with a simple cap and nozzle. Easy to use.
  • The label is also simple. Perhaps the name of the juice itself could be emphasised more.
  • Nic strength is clearly marked but I don't see the PG/VG ratio
  • The cap is not of the child-deterrent variety
Equipment used:
  • Nautilus Mini with 1.8 ohm BVC coil - on SVD - around 12.0 Watts
  • REO Grand/RM2 with 1.07 ohm single micro-coil and organic cotton wick - 13 to 16 Watts, depending on battery level

Thanks @Rob Fisher

I enjoyed vaping this juice -
And am looking forward to the rest of the Vape Elixir journey...

Excellent review, sounds like a quality juice - not too thrilled about the low TH, but sometimes it is nice to have in a secondary device purely for the flavour.

Just one question...did you get it in that bottle or did you transfer it?

Thanks @free3dom
This one definitely has a lower throat hit. For me at least. Thats why for me it is well suited as a mindless ongoing vape. The flavours are also milder which makes it good for that.

I got it in that bottle in the picture. But that was a special 18mg order from Vape Elixir. The usual bottles are a dark glass bottle with a glass dropper. Its just that when i wanted to order, 18mg was not available from the retailers so Vape Elixir made them directly for me. Now they are available at VapeKing in 18mg in the dark glass dropper bottles.

Fantastic review @Silver you have summed up plasma juice so well! It was my first propper "juice" back in the day and probably what got me into vaping.

Fantastic review @Silver you have summed up plasma juice so well! It was my first propper "juice" back in the day and probably what got me into vaping.

Thanks @Ricgt - I appreciate it.
I am late to the Vape Elixir juices. I've had a toot of them here and there at some of the vape meets but never got round to ordering them because I couldn't get 18mg. Am glad I finally did.

Am looking forward to see how some of the others turn out

I love the VapeElixir juices, and this was an excellent review of Plasma Juice @Silver.

Thanks @free3dom
This one definitely has a lower throat hit. For me at least. Thats why for me it is well suited as a mindless ongoing vape. The flavours are also milder which makes it good for that.

I got it in that bottle in the picture. But that was a special 18mg order from Vape Elixir. The usual bottles are a dark glass bottle with a glass dropper. Its just that when i wanted to order, 18mg was not available from the retailers so Vape Elixir made them directly for me. Now they are available at VapeKing in 18mg in the dark glass dropper bottles.

Thanks for the update...I could do with a nice mindless vape juice. I tend to prefer the heavy TH juices and then when I want something light and smooth I am SOL, so I'll keep this one in mind :D

I have some Vape Elixir Pink Spot in the dark purple bottle with the dripper - but being primarily a kayfun/lemo user I am not a big fan of the dripper in particular. Don't get me wrong, I love the quality glass bottles but the dripper drives me crazy :smirk: I have some needle tip bottles somewhere in the black hole that is SAPO right now, so I'll just transfer it into that when (if) it finally shows up :)

I was just curious whether you got it that way or did it yourself - thanks for clarifying :)

I love the VapeElixir juices, and this was an excellent review of Plasma Juice @Silver.

Thanks @Alex - I know you are a flavour connoisseur yourself, so I appreciate your comment ;-)

Thanks for the update...I could do with a nice mindless vape juice. I tend to prefer the heavy TH juices and then when I want something light and smooth I am SOL, so I'll keep this one in mind :D

I have some Vape Elixir Pink Spot in the dark purple bottle with the dripper - but being primarily a kayfun/lemo user I am not a big fan of the dripper in particular. Don't get me wrong, I love the quality glass bottles but the dripper drives me crazy :smirk: I have some needle tip bottles somewhere in the black hole that is SAPO right now, so I'll just transfer it into that when (if) it finally shows up :)

I was just curious whether you got it that way or did it yourself - thanks for clarifying :)

Hi @free3dom - I hear you on the dripper for the usual Vape Elixir bottles. I know what you mean. I actually have one of their 12mg juices I got from VapeKing a long time ago (their original tobacco). It seems that the local glass dropper bottles have quite a "large" end tip for the glass dropper - and it's difficult to be precise with it. The 5Pawns droppers are the best in class in my view. Their glass droppers have a very narrow tip and you know exactly where the juice is going to squirt.

Vape Elixir - Black Cigar

In my long and expensive quest for the perfect tobacco flavor, this has come out pretty much tops in the "simple tobacco" category. The inhale is smooth and dense, with just the right amount of TH. The first flavors to hit are those of a slightly smoky, woody, pipe tobacco with an almost nutty aftertaste and hint of sweet. Inhaling is as smooth as it gets, and even lung hits on this go down like butter. The exhale is the closest thing I have found to a feeling of a real burning tobacco, with hints of musk and that slightly bitter taste that is left in the mouth- extremely pleasant though. After my tester purchase, I immediately went back and bought 2 more bottles. The first time I have done this with any juice. Great price for a top-notch local juice. BRILLIANT stuff, VE - thanks for this awesome juice.

Vape Elixir - Black Cigar

In my long and expensive quest for the perfect tobacco flavor, this has come out pretty much tops in the "simple tobacco" category. The inhale is smooth and dense, with just the right amount of TH. The first flavors to hit are those of a slightly smoky, woody, pipe tobacco with an almost nutty aftertaste and hint of sweet. Inhaling is as smooth as it gets, and even lung hits on this go down like butter. The exhale is the closest thing I have found to a feeling of a real burning tobacco, with hints of musk and that slightly bitter taste that is left in the mouth- extremely pleasant though. After my tester purchase, I immediately went back and bought 2 more bottles. The first time I have done this with any juice. Great price for a top-notch local juice. BRILLIANT stuff, VE - thanks for this awesome juice.
Well stated, Vape Elixir's Black Cigar is a firm favourite for many. If I remember correctly it was not to be made available commercially after the first test run, but there was such an outcry....

Back