Vape Elixir - Juice Reviews

Well stated, Vape Elixir's Black Cigar is a firm favourite for many. If I remember correctly it was not to be made available commercially after the first test run, but there was such an outcry....
That's correct @Andre, I never much cared for it, and virtually gave up on ito_O It was only later on when my friends' feedback was very positive that I tweaked it a bit, and it was included in the line up! Now it is my top seller:whip:

That's correct @Andre, I never much cared for it, and virtually gave up on ito_O It was only later on when my friends' feedback was very positive that I tweaked it a bit, and it was included in the line up! Now it is my top seller:whip:
Thanks for that. It is not a NET if I remember correctly?

I managed to get my hands on a couple of bottle of the VE plain tobacco, which I will post a review for later today. In the mean time, I must just say that plain tobacco mixed at 5/8ths with black cigar after pre-steeping both is absolutely amazing! For camel cigarette lovers, this is as close as I've come to replicating the taste. Nice crisp bite on the inhale with the smooth toasty exhale that my camel loving tastebuds have craved.

Hi,

Did get my hands on vape elixer 3 flavours
-incognito (berry mix)
-pink spot (strawberry milkshake/candy)
-stardust.(sherbet)

All three is very good quality juice, i enjoyed them as a everyday vape on rotation, and everytime i get to the next one it was a nice experience all together!!

Paid R 130 for 30ml from eciggies
Vaped with evod (not sub ohm yet) with 1,4ohm single coil
Would have loved to try sub ohm them.....
Produces nice amount of vapour
Throat hit is normal
Really good juice if your looking to get some diffrent flavour than just straight up!! Good for the new guy getting into flavours and trying something new, moving ever so slightly away from stinkies...
Nice for all day vape

Enjoy

Hope this was helpfull!!

Have not yet tried any 6mg vape elixir juice.. Although there 12mg juice gives you hair on the lungs aith the nicotine kick in my opinion :/ but flavour is decent.
I have tried there nymphomaniac, and I have no idea where they came across this name.. But hey my girlfriend loves the nympho as a all day vape!

Have not yet tried any 6mg vape elixir juice.. Although there 12mg juice gives you hair on the lungs aith the nicotine kick in my opinion :/ but flavour is decent.
I have tried there nymphomaniac, and I have no idea where they came across this name.. But hey my girlfriend loves the nympho as a all day vape!
lol, Nymphomaniac is a reference to the flavour itself, which is a variation of "wild cherry" J

Hi all

This is my second review of a VAPE ELIXIR juice. And long overdue.

For those who don't know, VAPE ELIXIR is a long-standing juice maker represented by @SunRam on the forum. He has been making juices before I started vaping and is certainly one of the first juice makers in SA.

I have been meaning to review his tobacco juice - Pure Tobacco. My mom liked it a lot and it was in her daily rotation for a long time. I have vaped it before but it was time to do a proper review. I bought a few bottles at VapeCon 2017 and have been vaping it properly for the past few weeks. Have finished a bottle in various devices. I have been vaping the 12mg version.

VAPE ELIXIR - PURE TOBACCO (12mg)

Bottom line - this is a solid juice. Well-rounded plain tobacco taste. Not sweet. Reasonably similar to a cigarette. It's good and it delivers. Tobacco lovers should try it. I added some menthol to it and was surprised at how great the combination is. I will certainly be ordering more and can see this becoming an ongoing vape for me.

IMG_1405 - VE Pure Tobacco New Label - 640 by 480.jpg

The juice is orange/yellow in colour and has an ashy tobacco type of smell.

On the vape, it has a pleasing, plain tobacco taste. Not too earthy, not spicy, not sweet - but a well-rounded plain tobacco type of taste. It is very slightly ashy. I think it emulates cigarettes quite well. I'm not picking up any grassy sort of taste, nor any fruits. Maybe there is a very slight nuttiness to it but I can't put my finger on it. The flavours are of medium strength and the juice is well-balanced. Overall, it's a very pleasant taste to me.

It's not sweet. It is wet though. That wetness is quite prominent. It's a warm vape. Pleased that there are no artificial tastes coming through.

The throat hit is pretty decent for 12mg. I think it is softened a bit by the 70% VG ratio. I prefer 50 % VG for my mouth to lung vaping on tobaccoes but the throat hit on this is still satisfying. I do get a slight tingling on the back of my tongue after vaping this, which is nice. Vapour production is good.

The texture of the vape is granular and it ties in with the wetness. I think it works well for this flavour. Another positive is that the vape has a full mouthfeel to it - I think the texture and wetness also contributes to this.

It has medium boldness. It doesn't knock you out but its not light-hearted or mellow either. It made me quite thirsty while vaping it so I drank more water. I enjoyed vaping it at all times of the day. Morning tobacco with coffee is very nice. Particularly pleasing after meals. But it's not a mindless all-dayer for me.

The aftertaste is pleasing. That plain tobaccoey taste stays for a while. You know you have vaped it. You can taste it when exhaling through your nose a few minutes later. Nice. Only drawback for me is that my dear wife didn't like the smell of the 2nd hand vapour. Not sure why because it seems just fine to me ;-)

This is a good well-rounded tobacco and I enjoy vaping it a lot. But for me it lacks something. Perhaps a bit more boldness or a slight twist in the flavour. Something to give it some punch or sparkle.

It vaped well in my equipment - I only used Reos for this - at 70% VG the juice takes a bit longer to squonk but that's no problem at all. The good news is that this juice did not shred my coils and wicks!

I vaped it in mouth to lung and lung hit modes on two setups:
  • RM2/Reo - mouth to lung - with my "tobacco 29g paracoil" - decent throat hit and good dense flavour. Quite wet. Satisfying.
  • OL16/Reo - lung hit mode - with SS duals - a bit drier and crisper which I quite liked. I usually prefer tobaccoes in mouth to lung mode but this was also good. Different kind of sensation. Something slightly sweet coming through.
I liked both setups for different reasons. MTL for the punchier throat hit and lung hits for the additional crispness and dryness.

Menthol adventure ;-) A big pleasant surprise!

I tried adding some menthol to this juice in both setups and all I can say is - Wow, amazing! It is just so nice. Can't believe the enhancement! In mouth to lung mode, it just lifts it up and dries it out a bit. Makes the vape lighter and fresher. Very very good. Nothing wrong with the juice itself but the menthol certainly makes it sparkle for me.

In lung hit mode it's an even bigger transformation. Lifts it beautifully. Now its got some great punch! The longer restricted lung hits are so satisfying with the extra coolness. The plain tobacco stays in the vape all the way but the menthol lifts it and brightens it up immensely.

I don't usually discuss adding other things to a commercial juice when doing a review - but I felt I had to with this juice because the bit of extra menthol makes it shine so bright. And I like it very much. The menthol transforms what I think is a good juice into a great juice - for me.

Many will know that I love my Blackbird menthol blend but my Blackbird supply is almost out and the juice is near impossible to get. I have a sparkle in my eye now because I could quite easily replace it with this. It's not the same sort of flavour - Blackbird is a NET and has other sweet things in it - but this juice with a bit of menthol is right up there for me.

Overall, Pure Tobacco is a solid juice. If you want a plain tobacco taste that is similar to a cigarette, definitely give this a try. And if you like menthol, do yourself a favour and try adding some. You will probably be pleasantly surprised.

Packaging:
  • Plastic squeezable bottle with a fine nozzle that works well.
  • The labelling is good and the nic strength is clearly marked. It also shows the VG/PG ratio on the back.
  • The cap is of the child deterrent variety.
Equipment used:
  • REO Grand/RM2 - 0.45 ohm paracoil - 29g Kanthal - Jap Cotton wicks - (30 to 39 Watts, depending on battery level)
  • REO Grand/OL16 - 0.35 ohm dual coil - 28g Stainless Steel - Cotton Bacon V2 wicks - (39 to 50 Watts, depending on battery level)

Thank you for the VE Pure Tobacco review, @Silver! Since trying tobacco flavours on my EasyPuff I’m really enjoying them, so I will be sure to pick this one up. :)

Hi all

This is my second review of a VAPE ELIXIR juice. And long overdue.

For those who don't know, VAPE ELIXIR is a long-standing juice maker represented by @SunRam on the forum. He has been making juices before I started vaping and is certainly one of the first juice makers in SA.

I have been meaning to review his tobacco juice - Pure Tobacco. My mom liked it a lot and it was in her daily rotation for a long time. I have vaped it before but it was time to do a proper review. I bought a few bottles at VapeCon 2017 and have been vaping it properly for the past few weeks. Have finished a bottle in various devices. I have been vaping the 12mg version.

VAPE ELIXIR - PURE TOBACCO (12mg)

Bottom line - this is a solid juice. Well-rounded plain tobacco taste. Not sweet. Reasonably similar to a cigarette. It's good and it delivers. Tobacco lovers should try it. I added some menthol to it and was surprised at how great the combination is. I will certainly be ordering more and can see this becoming an ongoing vape for me.

View attachment 116930

The juice is orange/yellow in colour and has an ashy tobacco type of smell.

On the vape, it has a pleasing, plain tobacco taste. Not too earthy, not spicy, not sweet - but a well-rounded plain tobacco type of taste. It is very slightly ashy. I think it emulates cigarettes quite well. I'm not picking up any grassy sort of taste, nor any fruits. Maybe there is a very slight nuttiness to it but I can't put my finger on it. The flavours are of medium strength and the juice is well-balanced. Overall, it's a very pleasant taste to me.

It's not sweet. It is wet though. That wetness is quite prominent. It's a warm vape. Pleased that there are no artificial tastes coming through.

The throat hit is pretty decent for 12mg. I think it is softened a bit by the 70% VG ratio. I prefer 50 % VG for my mouth to lung vaping on tobaccoes but the throat hit on this is still satisfying. I do get a slight tingling on the back of my tongue after vaping this, which is nice. Vapour production is good.

The texture of the vape is granular and it ties in with the wetness. I think it works well for this flavour. Another positive is that the vape has a full mouthfeel to it - I think the texture and wetness also contributes to this.

It has medium boldness. It doesn't knock you out but its not light-hearted or mellow either. It made me quite thirsty while vaping it so I drank more water. I enjoyed vaping it at all times of the day. Morning tobacco with coffee is very nice. Particularly pleasing after meals. But it's not a mindless all-dayer for me.

The aftertaste is pleasing. That plain tobaccoey taste stays for a while. You know you have vaped it. You can taste it when exhaling through your nose a few minutes later. Nice. Only drawback for me is that my dear wife didn't like the smell of the 2nd hand vapour. Not sure why because it seems just fine to me ;-)

This is a good well-rounded tobacco and I enjoy vaping it a lot. But for me it lacks something. Perhaps a bit more boldness or a slight twist in the flavour. Something to give it some punch or sparkle.

It vaped well in my equipment - I only used Reos for this - at 70% VG the juice takes a bit longer to squonk but that's no problem at all. The good news is that this juice did not shred my coils and wicks!

I vaped it in mouth to lung and lung hit modes on two setups:
  • RM2/Reo - mouth to lung - with my "tobacco 29g paracoil" - decent throat hit and good dense flavour. Quite wet. Satisfying.
  • OL16/Reo - lung hit mode - with SS duals - a bit drier and crisper which I quite liked. I usually prefer tobaccoes in mouth to lung mode but this was also good. Different kind of sensation. Something slightly sweet coming through.
I liked both setups for different reasons. MTL for the punchier throat hit and lung hits for the additional crispness and dryness.

Menthol adventure ;-) A big pleasant surprise!

I tried adding some menthol to this juice in both setups and all I can say is - Wow, amazing! It is just so nice. Can't believe the enhancement! In mouth to lung mode, it just lifts it up and dries it out a bit. Makes the vape lighter and fresher. Very very good. Nothing wrong with the juice itself but the menthol certainly makes it sparkle for me.

In lung hit mode it's an even bigger transformation. Lifts it beautifully. Now its got some great punch! The longer restricted lung hits are so satisfying with the extra coolness. The plain tobacco stays in the vape all the way but the menthol lifts it and brightens it up immensely.

I don't usually discuss adding other things to a commercial juice when doing a review - but I felt I had to with this juice because the bit of extra menthol makes it shine so bright. And I like it very much. The menthol transforms what I think is a good juice into a great juice - for me.

Many will know that I love my Blackbird menthol blend but my Blackbird supply is almost out and the juice is near impossible to get. I have a sparkle in my eye now because I could quite easily replace it with this. It's not the same sort of flavour - Blackbird is a NET and has other sweet things in it - but this juice with a bit of menthol is right up there for me.

Overall, Pure Tobacco is a solid juice. If you want a plain tobacco taste that is similar to a cigarette, definitely give this a try. And if you like menthol, do yourself a favour and try adding some. You will probably be pleasantly surprised.

Packaging:
  • Plastic squeezable bottle with a fine nozzle that works well.
  • The labelling is good and the nic strength is clearly marked. It also shows the VG/PG ratio on the back.
  • The cap is of the child deterrent variety.
Equipment used:
  • REO Grand/RM2 - 0.45 ohm paracoil - 29g Kanthal - Jap Cotton wicks - (30 to 39 Watts, depending on battery level)
  • REO Grand/OL16 - 0.35 ohm dual coil - 28g Stainless Steel - Cotton Bacon V2 wicks - (39 to 50 Watts, depending on battery level)
Wow! It takes you a long time to get a review out, but when you do there are no shortcuts @Silver !

I'm trying to think if I got to try this at all when we met up, but I don't think so. One aspect you mention of the juice is "wetness", and after tasting a few of your setups I found that it's definitely something missing from mine.

I think I'm going to have to get some and see if it's the juices I use, or simply my lazy attempts at setting up my devices.

Wow! It takes you a long time to get a review out, but when you do there are no shortcuts @Silver !

I'm trying to think if I got to try this at all when we met up, but I don't think so. One aspect you mention of the juice is "wetness", and after tasting a few of your setups I found that it's definitely something missing from mine.

I think I'm going to have to get some and see if it's the juices I use, or simply my lazy attempts at setting up my devices.

Ah, thanks @Stosta

I have so many intentions to review so many juices but for me, i have to "live" with the juice for quite a while before i can review it. I make notes as I go - each day - and often what i think on the first day or two is not how it turns out after a while. Some folk can pick all these things up straight away but for me it takes more time.

As for the wetness, i am not sure exactly what causes that. The wetness was prominent in the RM2 in MTL. I usually vape a 50/50 blend in my RM2s and this is 70VG. I suspect that also plays a role. But nothing too special about the coil in there. Its my stamdard 1.6mm ID 28g paracoil which i love for my tobaccoes.

Ah, thanks @Stosta

I have so many intentions to review so many juices but for me, i have to "live" with the juice for quite a while before i can review it. I make notes as I go - each day - and often what i think on the first day or two is not how it turns out after a while. Some folk can pick all these things up straight away but for me it takes more time.

As for the wetness, i am not sure exactly what causes that. The wetness was prominent in the RM2 in MTL. I usually vape a 50/50 blend in my RM2s and this is 70VG. I suspect that also plays a role. But nothing too special about the coil in there. Its my stamdard 1.6mm ID 28g paracoil which i love for my tobaccoes.
That's a good point actually.

When I started vaping I didn't really notice a difference between a high PG juice compared to a higher VG content. So I brushed it off as one of those things that I wouldn't notice and haven't given it a second thought since. Looks like I might have to do some mixing trials to see if I can now pick up a difference in my old age!

That's a good point actually.

When I started vaping I didn't really notice a difference between a high PG juice compared to a higher VG content. So I brushed it off as one of those things that I wouldn't notice and haven't given it a second thought since. Looks like I might have to do some mixing trials to see if I can now pick up a difference in my old age!

Oh yes there is certainly a difference

But one only notices it when one is used to something and you change it

For tobacco MTL i am usually at 50VG. Well actually more like 40VG because I nic things up with PG Nic and add menthol which is PG based. It vaporises with a bit more vigour and its a bit sharper. I find the flavour a bit clearer.

But with 70VG its softer and less sharp. Doesnt vaporise with the same vigour (in my tiny RM2 coils) and feels like the flavour is slightly damped down. Nothing bad about all this and actually I guess many folk prefer the softer vape. Me on the other hand....

Back