Vape King advertising.

I think Vape King must have the same opportunities to advertising as other vendors on this forum.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerD

Power to the Users
VIP
LV

Awards
Guys, I feel it is quite unfair that Vape King is for some reason not allowed to advertise on the forum.
I know they are the keepers of the forum, but they also run a business.
Gizmo really started an awesome forum for us and I feel he should at least be able to advertise his business.
Please can you indicate how you feel.
P.S. I have no affiliation to Vape King whatsoever.

I have been saying this for months. There is no question that they should be allowed to advertise.

I feel pretty strongly about this too and have been shouting at Warren for sometime on this issue.

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

I missed this, why aren't they allowed to advertise?

I have been saying this for months. There is no question that they should be allowed to advertise.

I feel pretty strongly about this too and have been shouting at Warren for sometime on this issue.

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!
That is exactly why I created this thread Rob.

I missed this, why aren't they allowed to advertise?

I can only imagine that it would create difficulty in disciplinary stuff.

If a vendor is found guilty of punting, they have their status removed, or banned, or whatever (i dunno the specifics).
But how do you go about banning or disciplining the "owner" or founder of a forum?
How would mods treat his transgressions?

It brings up quite a bit of ethical problems, imo.

I am neither for, nor against VapeKing having the same rights as other vendors - but the main problem lies with enforcement.
I am not saying he/they WILL do anything like that - but what IF they did?
That's where the problems start.

If a vendor is found guilty of punting, they have their status removed, or banned, or whatever (i dunno the specifics).
But how do you go about banning or disciplining the "owner" or founder of a forum?

I am neither for, nor against VapeKing having the same rights as other vendors - but the main problem lies with enforcement.
Have they crossed any fences since the forum began?

As far as I am concerned Vape King and EcigsSa are two separate entities. I don't think they themselves would break any rules that they would like to enforce.

you also need to remember that there is a group of mods / admins who are here constantly making sure that everybody toes the line , which will include the vendor - Vape King

....My comment deleted before posting...

@kevkev has the most valid point IMO, the playing field is level, Vape King pays the same fees to ecigssa for advertising as any other registered vendor and hence under the same rules. Whats the problem?

This is like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. They have a vendor subforum and presence on the forum already. If there's advertising space and they pay like other vendors whats the problem. I agree with the whole can't referee a game you playing in but if the 2 entities are indeed kept separate and there are other fair admins as backstops its acceptable.

Vape King should be allowed the same privileges as the other vendors on the forum.

Seriously...

Slow down.
Somehow, for a reason unknown to me - i feel a lot of negativity regarding my earlier post.

I was merely answering with my opinion on another person's question.

Somebody said it shorter - "can't referee a game you're playing in".

I do encourage you all to re-read my post.

I am neither for nor against VapeKing having the same rights as other vendors.
I am COMPLETELY NEUTRAL on this subject.
I didn't say that they broke rules.
I didn't say that they will break rules.

I merely answered the question: "Why aren't they allowed to advertise?".
I did so using my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Quite simple guys. He started the forum and a awesome forum it is. This shud give him more standing to advertise here as well.

They other admits and moderators have the responsibility to ensure he sticks to the rules and guidelines and if he breaks them gets treated the same as any other vendor.

I think we should have a vote and see what the masses feel and go according to that as a yes or no.
Some one willing to start that poll?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

To me this is a non issue, when Gizmo first advertised the advertising space, he stated that "Vape King will never, ever use this ad space" http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/retailer-pricing-advertising-space.3508/#post-80349

I was under the impression that the only thing stopping Vape King from advertising on ecigssa was Gizmo.

Yip it is @Gizmo that has not been allowing it... and that statement was made when he had a very small team of Admin and Mods and was controlling pretty much everything. A lot has changed since then and the "Team" controls the forums to a very large degree and I personally think it is time that VK had the same privileges as the other vendors. @Gizmo has been relentless in making sure there has not been a VK advantage on the forum and this is to his detriment.

That's why this thread has arisen because it's simply not fair.

I would like to rephrase that statement to what it SHOULD have been...

"Vape King will never, ever use this ad space until such time as there is an Independent Admin and Mod in place to make sure that the forums remain unbiased towards any Vendor".

I think we should have a vote and see what the masses feel and go according to that as a yes or no.
Some one willing to start that poll?

This thread IS a poll... see original post. ;)

He is using tapatalk. Poll not showing on my tapatalk.

I'd pose a couple of questions if I may.

Who sends out the invoices?
Who ensures payments are made?
Who posts the adds?
What exactly is the money we pay used for?
If it's to ensure upgrading and stability of hardware... Who owns this hardware?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back