Vape King SA - Retailer Reviews

They then slated that air fryer saying it burnt the chips on the top and under cooked the ones on the bottom.
Lol, I bought an air fryer and this was me the first time. :eek::facepalm: Since then I have learnt my lesson and my chips are now better than shop bought ones. :)

Being a newbie I accept I am probably doing tones wrong. I am playing with settings and have buggered up some OEM pre built coils by burning them. This Vaping isn't as simple as lighting a Fag up and smoking it. I accept I am learning and will screw up settings etc. But will ask for help and advice before saying what I am using is not up to standard. The problem with lockdown I think is somethings are difficult to sort out when you can't directly go into a shop and discuss things in person to sort it out. Causing frustration probably from both sides. It is not a easy situation we are living through. We may be need to take into account the situation as it is at the moment. One vendor I wanted to by from wouldn't respond to my queries. Got him to contact me by placing an order but not paying for it. Then I was contacted to find out what was going on then I submitted my query also explaining that it is nerve wraking to want to buy something from someone that doesn't respond to telephones or emails or web queries. Not sure if I was feed a line but he had personal problems that I found acceptable. But it doesn't make it easy.
Feel free to ask. That's how I learned. Not from a vendor, but from the assistance from all the forumites on here. The ecigssa community is a very helpful one. Sure, you'll get asshats who comment as well, but the dedicated members will generally put the asshat in his place an offer you the correct advice

This so reminds me of a review I saw on an air fryer. Bunch of 25 year olds bought a bag of frozen chips, put them in the air fryer and walked away to play on their phones for 30 minutes.

They then slated that air fryer saying it burnt the chips on the top and under cooked the ones on the bottom. They then went on to comment that those chips could never be like the ones their Mom made. :facepalm:

That to me sums up this situation as well
HEY! I cook frozen chips in my air fryer and it tastes delicious. Don't hate on the air fryer. o_O :rofl:

Feel free to ask. That's how I learned. Not from a vendor, but from the assistance from all the forumites on here. The ecigssa community is a very helpful one. Sure, you'll get asshats who comment as well, but the dedicated members will generally put the asshat in his place an offer you the correct advice
Thanks very much. That's the reason I joined the forum and have found it both helpful and educational as the members really do seem to enjoy passing their thoughts, knowledge and experience on.

I seriously want an air fryer...

Me too! They're amazing!

giphy.gif

You will NOT be dissapointed.

Air fried chips with nic salt and vinegar?

This and Hufflepuff have become my favourite threads ever, on any forum!

I came here to say 2 things.

The airfryer changed my life and was the best investment I've ever made. Get the dial version. The digital one is a pain in the ass.

And secondly I vape salts exclusively at anywhere from 35-50mg and 20-35w and all you people saying it's harsh or burns couldn't be more wrong. 6mg freebase is more harsh than 50mg salts.

I seriously want an air fryer...
Love my air fryer.
Makes the best dam chips in the world...

Chip tip 101

Cut chips
Rinse in boiling water to remove starch
Dry with paper towel
Throw in sandwich bag
And 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
Blow up bag and hold tight shut
Shake to coat chips evenly in olive oil
Pop in air fryer at 190 degrees for roughly 18 min
Every 6 min churn the chips for even cooking

You guys can thank me later

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Love my air fryer.

Chip tip 101

Cut chips
Dry with paper towel
Throw in sandwich bag
And 2 teaspoons olive oil
Blow up bag and hold tight shut Shake to coat chips evenly in olive oil
Evey 6 min churn the chips for even cooking

Definitely trying this recipe. Thanks!

On a side note, we've really derailed this thread :facepalm: :-D

Love my air fryer.

Chip tip 101

Cut chips
Dry with paper towel
Throw in sandwich bag
And 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
Blow up bag and hold tight shut
Shake to coat chips evenly in olive oil
Every 6 min churn the chips for even cooking

AND find yourself a proper chipper that cuts curly chips. More surface area = more chippy goodness.

I can't agree more about the airfryer. The Philips one with the dial is da bomb.

Definitely trying this recipe. Thanks!

On a side note, we've really derailed this thread :facepalm: :-D
carry on, vape and fry on, it is much more worth reading now, Air Frier/Fryer jammer ek is afrikaans, is a must in any house! 'n skaaptjoppie tested in mine on a stormy day.... try for yourself8--)

@Stroodlepuff - I have to unfortunately agree with the OP. This nic salt product is kak on chips... o_O That was the original complaint right? :think:
Nope....
You need to focus...
Likes serious

The actual complaint is...

He wanted NicSalt-M (Malate Salt), but then he ordered NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt) and then when he tried it he found that it was very harsh, so he swoped his coil and tried again but it was still harsh because the replacement coil was meant for NicSalt-LL (Levulinate Salt) and is not compatible NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt).

He then got miff and grabbed his other mod and tried that but it had a little bit of old NicSalt-B (Benzoate Salt) in it which chemically clashed with the NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt) that he ordered and made it even harsher..

As a last attempt he then grabbed his friends mod and threw his NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt) in there, but as luck would have it his friend was using NicSalt-D (Ditartrate Salt) and this also caused a chemical reaction with the NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt) which made it harsh to.

What he didn't know is that if he had been using NicSalt-S (Salicylate Salt) he could mix the NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt) with that and it would be fine because they share the same chemical branch chain isotopes..

So you understand now why he lost his shit, is was due to lack of user knowledge..
I mean come on folks this is basic beginners knowledge when you use nic salts

Nope....
You need to focus...
Likes serious

He wanted NicSalt-M (Malate Salt), but then he ordered NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt) and then when he tried it he found that it was very harsh, so he swoped his coil and tried again but it was still harsh because the replacement coil was meant for NicSalt-LL (Levulinate Salt) and is not compatible NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt).

He then got miff and grabbed his other mod and tried that but it had a little bit of old NicSalt-B (Benzoate Salt) in it which chemically clashed with the NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt) that he ordered and made it even harsher..

As a last attempt he then grabbed his friends mod and threw his NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt) in there, but as luck would have it his friend was using NicSalt-D (Ditartrate Salt) and this also caused a chemical reaction with the NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt) which made it harsh to.

What he didn't know is that if he had been using NicSalt-S (Salicylate Salt) he could mix the NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt) with that and it would be fine because they share the same chemical branch chain isotopes..

So you understand now why he lost his shit, is was due to lack of user knowledge..

I'm so confused right now...

giphy.gif

Nope....
You need to focus...
Likes serious

And please please please
For the love of God, please read this post carefully and understand clearly nic salts before you even attempt to move onto making chips in an air fryer.
Last thing we need here now is another negative complaint in this thread about how bad Vape King is because you rushed out and bought a air fryer and your chips weren't crispy.

Back